Mercury will be cazimi by this evening, and the Moon in Cancer is creating a grand water trine between today and tomorrow with Jupiter in Scorpio and Neptune in Pisces.
A Meditation on heart and soul:
* Mercury at the heart of the Sun by this evening presents a powerful moment of rebirth, regeneration, and empowerment for Mercury related things, while the grand water trine is opening a soulful opportunity for healing, growth, and greater emotional intelligence. It's a great day to share, speak, and live from the heart, with a spirit of generosity and from the desire to share what you have, and who you are, with others.
All too often we are calculated about what we have, what we need to feel safe or protected, and what we do or don't owe others or what others owe us. We regularly justify the need to stay stuck in our own "special case" rather than working to see who others are, what they are dealing with, and what they may need from us on the level of the heart. Instead of looking to connect with people from the heart, we regularly think of "objective" ways that we can temporarily satisfy others, and this, in turn, satisfies us, temporarily. We say, "Well I did what you wanted, or I gave you what you need, objectively, so what else is there? What else do you need from me?"
Underlying this mentality is an inability to distinguish between material and spiritual substance. For example, sometimes children are raised and given everything they need; they are given the right instructions for how to be productive or successful, they are disciplined or trained up to be successful, they may even live in wealth or may not want for anything, but they aren't truly loved or even really seen. In fact, they may be treated as though they are an emotional inconvenience at any time that they request or need something emotional.
These same children will go forward in life thinking that meaning or value is measured by material merit, by measurable outcomes or exchanges, and by meeting or failing to meet "objective expectations."
This is an anxious way to live, a survival mechanism underlying the feeling of having been ignored, unseen or unheard.
And yet, because it is so rare to truly love and be loved, because loving requires presence and presence is so anxiety producing when you've been taught to fear it, we try to satisfy ourselves and others with check-lists of "things."
I remember when I was a kid, sitting in the pew and listening to my father preach from the pulpit on Sundays. He would often tell people who came to church every week, often fueled by guilt, fear, and inner turmoil, that tithing to the church out of their paycheck wasn't the way to find meaningful liberation from existential anxiety. Yes, it's important to tithe, but the real investment is an investment of your heart, and its sum is the total of who you are. The real investment, in time, asks us for everything, and it keeps doing so until we say "yes." We may not be ready to give everything, but we shouldn't pretend that throwing pennies at the divine will stave off its infinite hunger for our complete and undivided attention.
Prayer: Surprise us with the grace you have in store for us when we learn to give more and to say a full-throated "yes."
The Moon is in Capricorn today, moving into a conjunction with Saturn. Meanwhile, Venus is moving into a trine with Jupiter and Neptune, effectively creating a very close (though not perfect) grand water trine. Venus is also moving into an opposition with Pluto over the course of the next week.
Here's what to watch for:
* As the Moon moves into a conjunction with Saturn today it's a good day for hard work, working through obstacles, getting things done, and not making any excuses. This transit will sober us if we've been floating in the clouds.
* The Moon/Saturn conjunction will also paint the mood of the day, so watch for that heavy, serious, or morose quality, in addition to the hard-working, disciplined, and mature qualities of Saturn. Use the moment to be productive, and remember that real productivity either helps us to accomplish our duties and responsibilities so that we might bring our focus back to the joyful work of our spiritual life, or it helps us to deepen our spiritual life itself. In other words, today's Moon/Saturn combination is good for cutting out whatever is frivolous.
* Meanwhile, we have a grand water trine forming between Venus, Jupiter, and Neptune. Here are some things to watch for:
* The need or desire to go "home."
* An outpouring of emotion
* Water, water, water
* Flooded or overwhelmed by feelings of nostalgia, memory, romance, and longing
* Children and imagination, fantasy and daydreaming
* Home, family, and the beach
* Our needs, desires, and longings amplified, exaggerated, made larger than life
* Growth, abundance, proliferation, support
* Remember, not everything that grows rapidly is good
* Emotional eating or indulgence and cravings that we can't stop unless we address the root of the problem
* Empathy, emotional intelligence, and the need for greater compassion
* Emotional manipulation, coercion, abuse, deception, betrayal, and/or emotional disclosures, revelations, honesty, healing
Finally, Venus is moving into an opposition with Pluto:
* The transformation or termination of relationships
* Diplomatic efforts hijacked by self-interest, manipulation, greed, power plays, etc.
* Controversies involving women, women's rights, violence toward women, powerful women, women and political, social corruption, scandals, etc.
* Betrayal, lust, and bad decisions related to love, romance, or sexuality
* Explosive, cathartic, sexual encounters
* Revelations or secrets revealed or exposed
* Friendships or close bonds with others challenged
* Depth, intensity, death, and forced change in realtionships
* Art and depth or darkness
* Women's health and women's healing
* Possessed by our desires
The Venus/Pluto opposition is a very dynamic transit that we will very likely see manifested in the headlines in the week ahead. It's a transit we will return to several more times before it perfects next week!
Meanwhile, remember that my new astrology course, "Ancient Astrology for Modern Times," begins on Sundays, starting June 10th and meets each week (30x on the year) from Noon eastern to 2 pm eastern via live webinars. Need-based tuition is available for those who need it!
Prayer: Bless us with waves of mercy, waves of grace, and let a deeper love grow within our hearts. Give us the strength and intelligence needed to be bolder, deeper, and more compassionate.
Today the Moon is in Cancer, just passing an opposition with Saturn and now moving toward a grand water trine with Neptune and Jupiter, and then an opposition with Pluto tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Mars is just finishing its first of a number of squares to Uranus in Taurus.
Here's what to watch for:
* The day begins with the aura of the Moon/Saturn opposition, both in their home signs, in each other's detriments, opposed as ever, reflecting the opposite themes of work or duty and home and hearth, obligation and responsibility vs. caring tenderness, maturity and old age vs youth and immaturity, devotion and emotional validation vs cold, unresponsive, stern or harsh. You may also notice themes of exclusivity, abandonment, harsh or severe vs compassionate instruction, neediness versus the need to grow up and take care of one's self, etc. It's also not uncommon to feel sad, morose, heavy, depressed, as well as guilty, ashamed, or burdened the reality of your own shortcomings. This transit is already lifting, but in case you woke up today with the "feels" for it, now you know! Remember, with knowledge of the transit comes the ability to find healthy detachment and healthy participation...we can "dovetail" all our daily experiences back into our devotional/spiritual life.
* Next, the Moon will be moving into a grand water trine with Neptune and Jupiter today, highlighting a very powerful window of emotionality, intuition, faith, and expansion or growth. On the other hand, we may swiftly find ourselves in over our heads, consumed, or overwhelmed by powerful feelings, tempting us to overreact, or we may also find ourselves flooded with relief, finding our inner sense of truth again after a period of feeling emotionally confused or deluded.
* The grand water trine may also emphasize themes of religion, purity, spiritual bliss, and transcendence. Just be careful because sometimes we take the call to spiritual life, or the thirst for transcendence, and turn it into an opportunity for selfishness or momentary distractions or indulgence. Look for the spiritual signal, guiding you back home to the recognition of yourself as an eternal spiritual being, servant of the whole, rather than chasing a mirage today.
* Finally, with challenging Mars squaring paradigm-breaking Uranus, you may feel like your fists are up and you're ready to fight, to take a stand, or to defy anyone or anything standing in your way. Be careful because the same general rules of life always apply: patience, peace, kindness, tolerance, and the recognition of God within all beings. At the same time, if you are being called to make important changes that help you further your spiritual life, and maybe some bold actions are required, then go for it! We are not here to live with spirits of fear. So we should remove the impediments to our spiritual blossoming without hesitation.
Prayer: Give us spirits of courage, hearts of gold, and never-ending faith.
**Uranus in Taurus, mini/personalized reports are still available. I've extended the deadline to order them, so check out the comments box for more info on how to order one for yourself!**
New Moon today! Yay!
It's a powerful one, too. Featuring a Mercury/Mars opposition to Pluto, and the new moon square to Uranus in Aries. Not to mention the grand water trine that's loosely formed between Saturn, Neptune, and the four planets in Cancer. OR the Venus/Jupiter to Saturn square. Or the upcoming Venus retrograde. No. Not much going on right now at all!
Well, what are some of the themes we get when combining all of these planetary archetypes? One big one has to do with ancestral or generational transformation. Both the Jupiter/Saturn square as well as the New Moon in Cancer square to Uranus in Aries all signify big changes in family and home, ancestry and the past, between the old and the new, the powerful and the up and coming. As Jupiter and Saturn are approaching their exact square, they both aspect fixed star Algol, the eye of Medusa, which was classically described as "of the nature of Jupiter and Saturn." When people are being usurped or generational changes are happening it's easy to lose our heads. Rulers kill people they don't like and they give generously to those they do...it's never easy to abdicate power or control, but if we want to get something right now it's not going to come easily if we're being demanding, entitled, bossy, or inconsiderate. Even if we by all rights deserve the things we're asking for, whoever has the power to give them or take them away isn't exactly giving away things for free right now. There is potentially a certain amount of pandering going on...like an old King whose time is up...reluctantly giving up his throne to the rightful heir...don't act cocky and don't rush past anything in the process. It's not done until it's done. This transaction has the feeling of a lot of time and history in the mix of it...so we should be respectful of that and negotiate the new with a respect (even a slight fear) for the old.
Two mistakes tend to haunt us as spiritual beings: the tendency to idolize the past, or the tendency to idolize progress and the future. There is a unique dialogue happening right now between stages or states of consciousness, history, and culture, and they embody these two extremes. Watch for this in your life and see where it's playing out. Be careful of the tendency to go too far toward either extreme, and find the middle way if possible. It's also possible that some shifting to the past if you're a futurist or the future if you're more of a traditionalist will do you some good right now. Just don't go so far that you forget where you came from.
With so much water in the air, so much Cancerian energy, the ancestral spirits, the spirits of environments, places, ecosystems, communities, and tribes are also surrounding us right now. Heritage is a beautiful thing..even the ugly parts can give us a comprehensive understanding that deepens our soul and broadens our understanding of who we are and why we are doing t he things that we're doing.
As Venus is about to turn retrograde there is also a distinct sense of our values going through an important period of transformation. Venus often reflects not only our inner values but also their reflection in our material possessions, our surroundings, our style and taste, our decorations, what we like to buy or purchase or indulge in, etc. Venus going retrograde could also symbolize a fascination with a style or aesthetic from the past.
Perhaps most importantly for this new moon is the question of the spirit of home. Where do we find comfort, rest, nesting, privacy, secrecy, intimacy, warmth, and safety in the world? How is this going through a transformation right now? To what lengths will we have to go to find a new version of home, if that's what we're looking for?
A powerful new moon, indeedy!
Prayer: Help me see the environment I live in as an extension of who I am. Help me clean, create, shift, or transform my home so it is in alignment with my soul.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.