* Today the Sun and Moon conjoin alongside Mercury in Aquarius.
* Solar eclipses around the south node bring the start of something new, along with the general theme of diminishment, decrease, and sometimes loss.
* The south node is auspicious insofar as it takes away what might be keeping us from the spiritual path.
* Today's solar eclipse is only partially visible from portions of South America and Antartica. The degree/visibility of an eclipse does matter, though the significations of an eclipse are not lost simply because it is not visible.
* Look at the whole-sign house of Aquarius in your birth chart, or the Aquarius ruled house if you use quadrant houses, or specifically the 27th degree of Aquarius, to locate the topics that are being activated at this time.
* Remember that the Sun in Aquarius is classically said to be in its "exile." This is due to the fact that the Sun, a luminary, is in the sign of Saturn, who represents darkness. The Aquarian themes of outsiders and outcasts, strangers, travelers, aliens and the alienated, the marginal and marginalized, all stem from the image of the Sun traveling through the dark, outlier place of Saturn.
* Really, we are all strangers in a strange land. So what should the attitude of a stranger, or a wanderer be? First, we should remember modesty. We shouldn't act like the dictators of a land that we come to from....we don't know where...and from which we will depart to....we don't know where.
* The second line of the 56th hexagram of the I Ching says that those wandering who act with modesty will find shelter, and will gain a loyal or faithful friend or servant.
* This solar eclipse, closely conjunct Mercury, offers us shelter and the faithful hand of new friend, close associate, or servant...something that is here to help us....if we only remember to remain modest and aware of our own position.
* The 56th hexagram of the I Ching also says that as wanderers or strangers in a distant land we should not lightly bring charges against others and we should be extremely careful not to do things that would bring charges down against us.
* These are simple instructions that are meant to bring us back to our true sense of identity, even in the midst of the very "real" but transient feelings we have that we belong here, that we've always been here, or that all of our life dramas in this world are of the utmost significance, etc.
* A solar eclipse in Aquarius may provide us with unlikely help...watch for the angels disguised as things our egos would readily dismiss, or not take seriously. Angels come as outsiders under this eclipse.
* Seeking shelter is something we are all constantly doing. We all want and need love. However, we can't find love, real love, abiding love, unless we recognize the need we actually have for it. This is what is meant by taking up the position of the wanderer, the outcast, or the stranger.
* This eclipse offers a powerful opportunity to find spiritual shelter, support, and even friendship, by assuming the humble role of the outsider. The outsider does not make demands. It does not act entitled. It does not demand that everyone recognize this or that. Because it's first need is for temporary shelter, and love, as it passes from this land to the next...
Doing this while being in the world, with lives to live, isn't easy, but Aquarius reminds us again and again, that we are all beautiful, transient outsiders.
Prayer: Keep us in your loving heart. Give us shelter. Provide us with true friends and good company along the way.