In just a few hours the Sun will enter Aquarius and the Moon will change signs and enter Scorpio just as it makes its last quarter square with the Sun. Meanwhile, Mars and Saturn are exactly square today.
Here's what to watch for:
* Fear of the future...as Mars slices forward into the future he meets with the unknown limit, the dark and concrete, Saturn.
* The principles of limit, discipline, containment, confinement, isolation, loneliness, being matched with the principles of passion, intensity, drive, aggression, competition, and angst (Mars/Saturn).
* Tearing down something old or removing something (Mars/Saturn).
* Moving through blockages, plowing ahead (Mars/Saturn).
* Working with deadlines, limits, and harsh or severe expectations (Mars/Saturn).
* Explosions of energy that release something pent up or that damage something designed to contain (Mars/Saturn).
* The pain of a blockage and/or its removal (Mars/Saturn).
Meanwhile, the Moon is in a state of bondage with the Sun. Whenever the Moon comes to 15 degrees of a conjunction, square, or opposition of the Sun, some ancient astrologers considered the Moon to be in a state of bondage. Remembering that the Moon is a reflection of all the ups and downs of our day to day lives, we can see last quarter Moons as a moment of completing or resolving bondage. You can actually feel this if you take time to look at the Moon whenever she's in the new, first quarter, full, or last quarter phases. There is an intensity, a momentum, and a sense of something critical taking place. In the I Ching this general cyclical symbolism might be represented by the kinds of changing lines that lead from one hexagram to another, one state of the Tao turning into another. In this case, we're seeing a transition toward resolution, completion, relinquishing, resigning, or releasing. At last quarter Moons I always notice an urgency to complete whatever I'm working on, but I also notice that events tend to arise that act as miniature end-level bosses, either forcing me to forge ahead or change plans, fight through to completion or finally let something go that I no longer have the desire to stick with.
Stay tuned for more on Aquarius tomorrow! And enjoy this last-quarter bondage. :-)
Prayer: Teach us to notice the bondage of the Moon, so that we might move through these gateways of her light with grace and wisdom.