Today let's take a look at the approaching astrology of the fall season. Things to take note of:
* A solar and lunar eclipse as we pass through the fall equinox gateway
* A mercury retrograde in Libra
* Saturn finally leaving Scorpio and entering Sagittarius to stay for the next 2 years
* Pluto stationing to turn direct
* Another Venus/Mars conjunction
* Venus entering the sign of her fall in Virgo
* The Sun entering his fall in Libra
* Jupiter opposite Neptune
* Jupiter square Saturn again
* Saturn square Neptune again
This is a lot to cover, so over the next few days we'll look at each piece, starting today with the upcoming solar eclipse on Sunday.
A solar eclipse burns open a new gateway in the heart and soul, like a fiery and ultra powerful new moon. The seeds planted during eclipse seasons slowly usher new themes, lessons, and eras into our lives. This newness is different for each person depending on a myriad number of factors in the birth chart, but sufficed to say as this eclipse cycle is happening at the harvest time of year this will be a significant moment of transformation for many people. The harvest time of Libra is the marker of death for the solar year. The halls of justice are opened and the heart is weighed against the feather. We constantly talk about avoiding judgment, but the truth is that we live in a spiritual reality where judgment is part of the equation. We are judged, and we have to learn how to judge, correctly. The correct judgement is compassionate, just, and fair. In fact, when we trust that the instruments and artifacts of judgement are expressions of compassion, consequences very quickly become boons. This is the magic of grace. It's not about the elimination of punishment or karmic consequences for our actions, but rather the way that reaping what we've sown enlightens us and offers us a solid vision from which to move forward and anchor our hearts.
A solar eclipse like the one taking place on Sunday is unique insofar as it involves the nodes in Libra and Aries, the north node falling almost exactly on the Fall Equinox degree of zero Libra, while the Sun and Moon will be in the sign of Virgo. Meanwhile the ruler of the Sun and the Moon, Mercury, will be stationing to turn retrograde in Libra.
Here's what to watch for:
* A new beginning that involves some kind of negotiation
* A new start that involves the subjects of fairness, diplomacy, or unfairness and manipulation or dishonesty
* Setting the numbers or details straight in order to move forward in the right way
* A new beginning that levels the playing field, that's an act of karmic retribution or harvesting
* A new chapter that sets the past right or that corrects, fixes, or restores something damaged
* A difficult moment of truth or judgment
* A hard piece of news that involves father/family/ancestry and health
* The innocent and the guilty, blaming and responsibility
* New organizational responsibilities
* The subjects of youth, innocence, virginity or purity, morality, and karmic consequences
* Intervening prayers and sacrifices
* Getting more or less than what we paid for, getting back what we put in, getting back what is owed or due, and finding support for hard work
This upcoming eclipse series will focus specifically on the sense of karmic retribution, fairness, hard work and paybacks or payoffs, as well as the themes of youth, purity, and innocence as intervening or petitioning factors of mercy, good fortune, or grace.
Prayer: Harvest has come round at last. And around again we go. Help us to humbly pay what is owed, forgive our debtors so that we might be forgiven, and walk in the ways of peace and simplicity.