Mars is just about to enter the sign of Pisces, where it will move from being a house guest of Saturn to be the house guest of Jupiter. This is a significant change because Mars has been in Aquarius since the middle of May! Plus, just as Mars enters Pisces it immediately engages with Jupiter in Sagittarius, it's host, by a square.
Here's what to watch for:
* Mars arrives in Jupiter's sign and what does he want? Well, the God of war wants action, cutting, aggression, violence, hostility, and confrontation. But Mars also wants to advocate, guard, defend, protect, uphold, demonstrate valor and courage, and even die or be wounded in a just battle.
* So, the question becomes, how does Jupiter provide for Mars while Mars is in his feminine realm?
* Jupiter gives faith to the fight.
* Jupiter gives emotional bigness to the hostility.
* Jupiter gives wisdom and hope to the battle.
* Jupiter inspires and expands one's courage and valor.
* Jupiter makes the aggression more dramatic.
* Jupiter makes the cutting more explosive.
* Jupiter incorporates and includes those who are defeated, offering them the choice to join up!
* Jupiter adds arrogance and pride and emotional bigness to an already confrontational situation.
* Jupiter brings gifts through brothers, men, fighters, activists, and advocates.
* Jupiter provides faith for the armor.
* Jupiter brings teachers and wise people into conflicts.
* Jupiter offers teachings, doctrines, and beliefs up for competition in the arena.
* Jupiter offers the armor of faith and the visionary assurance to a martyr.
* Jupiter enlarges or aggrandizes one's sense of complaint or contention.
* Jupiter gives a holiness, or possibly self-righteousness, to the war.
Just as Mars enters Pisces, it immediately squares Jupiter, while Jupiter is in what was traditionally called the superior position. This also means that Mars will hurl a ray backward in the order of signs, strike Jupiter, and then Jupiter will overcome Mars. It's, therefore, sort of like a grudge match, intensifying all of the above themes in the next week. While it's likely that our better angels intervene (Jupiter is, again, in the Superior position here), providing greater wisdom, fortunate outcomes, and tempering the self-righteous and emotionally zealous qualities of this transit, we should be very careful of an upcoming surge of bravado in the days ahead.
On the other hand, this transit may provide a burst of enthusiasm and the return of whatever spiritual or emotional charisma that might have diminished over the Summer months while Mars was plodding back and forth in the loftier and more methodical Saturn-ruled sign of Aquarius.
Prayer: Bless us with the desire to serve, so that all of our actions, all of our enthusiasm, and all of our emotional intensity, might find its home in the forces of your love.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.