Happy New Moon Everyone!
Today as Venus separates from Saturn and the Moon and Mercury separate from the Sun in Scorpio, a new cycle begins in the midst of Autumn.
Here's what to watch for:
* As the Moon and Mercury both separate from the Sun we are going to see the beginning of a process of recovery and change as new ideas, intentions, and innovation begins to take root.
* The Moon in her fall to begin the new cycle may imply that we've reached the bottom of something. The bottom is an image of truth and clarity, exhaustion and acceptance, finality or resolution. The bottom is an image of a beginning as well as the hurt and loss associated with an ending.
* As Mercury begins to emerge as the evening star it is likely that clarifying information will begin to emerge, or something that has been under wraps will be uncovered...something that has been working quietly or invisibly behind the scenes, waiting for the ideal moment, will appear and be recognized.
* As Venus is separating from Saturn we might notice that our relationships are standing on a new foundation. A foundation of greater maturity and respect, taking each other more seriously, more profoundly. Life is short, and love is one of the main attractions. Sometimes this simple insight hits us so squarely in the chest that we say, "Yes. Sign me up. Put my name down. Pour the concrete. Build it from this moment. I'm ready."
* Venus and Saturn show us that what is valuable is lasting and what is lasting is beautiful. Invest your heart here.
* Venus and Saturn...the flowers of grace, colors of heaven, blossoming gently through the cracks and crags of an old stone wall. How saying yes to saying no creates secret green gardens, small kept spaces that yield much, no's that are secret yes. Yield to fate and watch a thousand colors grow out of the wall before you...trust in the beauty of every failure, of every disappointment.
Prayer: Cold walls, burning grace, give us hearts of gentle green light.
It's New Moon today!! Yay!!!
This new moon takes place with sextile to Jupiter in Virgo and features the detriment of Jupiter and the depression of the Moon.
What does that mean? Quite simply...it's one of those cycles that starts with the excitement of what we might call "negative joy." It's the kind of joy where you feel like you've come home to yourself, or you've opened your eyes to something you've been avoiding, or you simply see now what's been hidden, or you remember, down to your bones, exactly why you're doing something and why it's going to be okay despite the setbacks, challenges, difficulties or fearful passages. It's like the renewal after a hard breakup, the emptiness after losing someone you love, and the salve of profound grief or regrets.
There is a river of life flowing through this new moon, but it might not be the kind you go swimming in...more like the kind you have to be careful about falling into as you walk along in unconscious worship. These are the deeps, the "for now" quiet flood waters, the baptism of ice cold electricity, and the hard black shell of the winter seed. And if you watch closely you might see a flash of red or a streak of fire twisting instantly and then vanishing deep below. The promise of the fierce doves of spring.
Where do we go for joy? Where do we go for peace? Where do we find love? Where do we find our brothers and our sisters? Where do we find our families, communities, and our mothers and fathers? Where do we find truth and where do we find trust? Where do we find rest and where do we find nourishment? Where do we find the right kind of sleep and where do we find touch and warmth? Where do we go for words of encouragement and where do we see beauty all around us? How do we protect each other and how do we see with the eyes of the heart?
Where do we find courage, and how do we find honest relief from pain and suffering?
The answers to these questions are personal, but they can't begin unless we're ready to look into the deepest well springs of our soul and locate the simple suggestions that reside there...as fierce as fire but as free and gentle as doves.
Can we consider the idea that any path of holiness we might find includes a perennial challenge. "Can I take whatever simple suggestions I find in my soul and make them so without such drama and demonstration? Can truth spring forth from the deeps of my soul and remain the secret source of my happiness rather than the banner I wave or the new regime I've implemented?"
For autumn is the time where the light is eclipsed, and we should remember the great power of storing up our most nourishing truths. Holding the secret power of life and letting it water the feet of our soul below where eyes can see or words can reach.
This Scorpio new moon offers a fantastic image of renewal and mourning or revelation combined. In some ways, the quieter we learn to experience both our pain and our joy, the more we build an unspeakable intimacy with life itself, our pain and joy becoming indistinguishable from one another and the image of a well running over with water so deep and dark and yet so true and nourishing, that any attempt to name what is coming forth will only interrupt the power of its gift.
Prayer: help us to be brave, help us to be kind, help us to hold the most profound things revealed to us in the deepest reverence, our greatest secrets becoming our greatest support.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.