* Challenging circumstances surrounding home, family, the past, ancestral wounds or healing (Moon/Pluto conjunction)
* Tradition, legacies, inheritance, land, and the passing on of traditional knowledge (Moon/Pluto with Jupiter/Saturn)
* Generational sharing/conflict/exchanges/debate/listening and learning (Moon/Pluto with Jupiter/Saturn)
* Rebellious challenges, innovative suggestions, and sudden emotional breakthroughs or discoveries (Moon square Uranus)
* Something stubborn, resistant, defiant, and impeding is finally starting to crumble, decay, let go, or die (Saturn soon turning direct as Jupiter/Venus square)
* Confidence slowly growing or returning (Sun in rulership in Leo)
Whenever the Moon is in Capricorn the emphasis on all things Saturnine tends to increase, while all things naturally lunar might feel somewhat constricted. The classification of any planetary "detriment" is based on the planet being in the sign opposite to its natural rulership. Capricorn is opposite Cancer, the home sign of the Moon, and so Capricorn is thought to be a somewhat more challenging position for the moon.
Difficulty is part of life. Capricorn knows this very well. You take the ups with the downs, the goods with the bads, and hopefully you develop some healthy detachment from both ends of the pleasure and pain spectrum so that you don't end up on a crazy roller coaster all of the time. Capricorn's detrimental Moon quality is part of what helps us develop a familiarity with the deterioration of comfortable, soothing, easy, safe, or gentle environments. When those creature comforts fall apart, or when there just isn't enough time to rest or self-soothe, or necessity demands that we "work through" something or plow forward despite being tired or in need, it usually doesn't feel great. At the same time it's at exactly these times that we might learn a healthy form of detachment, distance, or objectivity. This is the wintry wisdom of Saturn's home sign of Capricorn.
Prayer: Whatever the circumstances, however uncomfortable they might be for us right now, may we use this time to deepen our acceptance and knowledge of things exactly as they are.