Coming to the last quarter of a Moon cycle means coming to grips with the end of another cycle. The last quarters of each moon cycle often leave us with the fruits of our labor, or the integral wisdom of the monthly round. Sometimes they also present difficulties, challenges, or setbacks that generally require letting go or starting to shift gears and change focus for the upcoming cycle (like new seeds falling into the ground).
This past cycle has been full of challenges. Perhaps most specifically the challenges have been generational. With Jupiter and Saturn squared to one another it's been an interesting dialogue between generations, between the old and the new, the conservative and idealist, the faithful and the doubtful. As these conversations are past their peak, we should remember that they will come back in a different from next winter/spring as Jupiter and Saturn will square once more.
In addition to the Jupiter/Saturn square we've been working with Venus retrograde in Leo. The subjects of pride, recognition, authority, and ego have all been front and center. As Venus has been in the square with Saturn once more the conversation has been generational. It's been about what we find embarrassing about ourselves or those we're associated with. It's been about revising our friendships and relationships as we see more clearly than ever exactly how we are valued or judged, fairly or unfairly, kindly or cruelly, justly or unjustly. It's about feeling betrayed or let down...but it's also been about the natural purging of relationships that aren't worthy of our heartfelt sincerity. Sometimes relationships are purged simply by removing the power we give them over us....then the relationship continues but never again with the same unequal power dynamic. Other times the person or people have to be literally removed from our lives.
Also the subjects of letting go, hoping, wishing, dreaming, and idealizing, versus resisting, holding back, holding in, denying, resisting, or blocking....it's likely that blocks have been removed..even if they've felt like thorns being pulled lately.
And generosity...with all this Leo energy in the air...how do we make room for others, give royally from our hearts, and honor or recognize the essential dignity of others? If we haven't made it a practice before, maybe we're starting to understand the need for it now...it's not enough to simply think of those who are different from ourselves as "odd, strange, weird, not together, over the top," or whatever else.
A short list of what to watch for today:
* Communicative standoffs or shutdowns or blockages
* Unclear or withholding information
* A messenger asking for something that somebody else doesn't want to give or provide
* Not getting the best out of each other
* Heart centered communication, requests for clarity, honesty, openness
* The tide is slowly turning..momentum building, a feeling of "can do it" coming back
* A royal congregation, entourage, an intervention
* A messenger or diplomat acting on behalf of a reasonable request, the message is received, and blockage or denial isn't as strong...more is coming
* Change of style, aesthetic, or approach under way
* Revisiting or revising relationships from the past
* The old man who refuses to die or relinquish power or control, inflicts his issues on others...another "50 something white man attacks movie theater"
Prayer: Heart, strength, courage, and faith...this is my prayer, in the secret, this is my practice