Happy Solar Eclipse in Cancer Today!
Things to watch for:
* Cancer is a feminine, tropical, water sign.
* Cancer is the domicile of the Moon.
* Solar Eclipses are like very powerful versions of a New Moon.
* This Solar Eclipse is with the North Node of the Moon.
Let's put it together:
* A powerful new beginning
* In a feminine sign, this implies that it will take a while to gestate, reach out, and grow. It is more relational, instinctual, and will weave its way into your life slowly over the next 3-6 months, and beyond due to another round of eclipses coming in Cancer and Capricorn this winter.
* In a tropical sign, this new beginning may also represent a significant turning point in a particular area of life, a dramatic shift of plot, more sudden or cathartic due to Cancer's tropical nature (remember, the word "tropos" is related to something turning).
* In a water sign, this eclipse may touch your life in a more vulnerable or emotional manner.
* Water signs are fertile, look to themes of growth and birth.
* The sign of Cancer was originally related to the birth of the cosmos and the descent of spirit into matter.
* With this eclipse taking place in the domicile of the Moon, and the Moon related to the memory of or longing for our divine source, the need or desire for home, family, safety, security, or some connection to the past, or to our cultural or ethnic roots, or to some spiritual sense of home, may be pronounced.
* Look to the whole sign house that contains Cancer in your birth chart to see what topics might be wed to this eclipse!
What NOT to do: with the north node's desirous impulse featured prominently, be careful of making emotionally impulsive decisions. Be careful of doing something that is nostalgic, romantic, and rooted in the ideal of some happily ever after situation. Be careful of thinking that a new home, a new family, more kids, etc., will solve your problems. Be careful of trying to create a feeling of "at-homeness" through big investments that will be very difficult to maintain. Be careful of trying to address insecurities, hopes, and fears through emotionally or spiritually regressive solutions. Be careful of "running back to the past," or of trying to return to an idyllic childhood feeling or situation.
What TO do: ask yourself, what can I do, what can I create, so that more of my soul, more of my true self, is served and nourished. How can I create a house of the holy? How can I create a warm nucleus for my soul? How can I feel more at home inside my heart and mind? How can I make my body a little more of a temple for the in-dwelling spirit?
Remember, the changes we make right now, will flow forth from the way in which we direct our attention. A gentle walk by a river, lake, or ocean, spent in prayer, will go a lot farther in the long run on a day like today than we might imagine!
Prayer: Walk with us in the cool of the evening. Show us to the river of soul. Be the future that we trust, each nurturing step of the way.
The dark Moon is about to enter Cancer, where it will soon conjoin the Sun and oppose Pluto, forming a solar eclipse.
Some initial things to think about:
* The Sun represents clarity, illumination, knowledge, and higher intelligence, and Pluto represents the rumblings and stirrings of the unconscious, of the underworld, with themes of catharsis, purgation, depth, and transformation. When you put the two of these planets together, opposed, you may find that...
* Your higher intelligence is more capable of recognizing the stirrings and emergence of what are usually unconscious patterns. For example, you may start to unconsciously reach for a soda, the remote control, or you may start writing that email or text or social media post you really shouldn't write, and, suddenly, you will recognize, in a moment of clarity, that the motivation for doing this isn't clean, clear, or pure. It's simply not a good idea! But then, you may have to engage in a battle between your higher intelligence and your lower urges, desires, and the power of your unconscious. Even if you lose, a struggle out in the open is a step toward greater consciousness in this scenario. Just try again if you fall down. Don't give up! Count even the smallest awareness of your challenges emerging right now as a great victory, as mercy, and pray that you might be empowered to do something constructive with the insights you are gaining from within!
* On the other hand, the Sun represents authority, rank, power, fame, status, and visibility, whereas Pluto represents the will to power, the iron hand in the velvet glove, or the intensification, depth, and an almost nuclear level of drive and desire. When you put these planets together, opposed, you may find that...
* Your desire to exert yourself, express yourself, or do whatever it takes to be seen, to be powerful or recognized, to be in control or to be dominant, is incredibly strong. Or, you may find that people with this kind of drive and hunger are peppering your porridge at the moment. :)
* Fathers, leaders, CEO's, people in the spotlight, may also experience a fall, might be outed or exposed, betrayed or called out. Corruption and general yucky people or things might be revealed or brought to the sunlight for a bath of honesty and humility, or...revenge and public humiliation/shaming.
Prayer: Bathe us in the warmth of what all of this looks like, the light and dark, the good and bad, the clarity and ignorance, from 100,000 feet above the constant circling of these wandering stars.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.