Here's a list of what to watch for:
* The anonymous tip, the unasked for piece of advice, the "suggestion," or "humble opinion," (Venus in Scorpio/Mars in Libra)
* Gossip, deception, betrayal, lust, dirty secrets, flirting with the dark side, or sexual magic (Venus in Scorpio)
* PC hostility, political agendas, vanity and arrogance, indecisive selfishness, helpfulness that's really about something else (Mars in Libra)
* Note that when Mars/Venus are in each other's signs they also can act in cahoots with each other...since both planets are debilitated this could indicate some shady business, or at the very least some attraction to darker and more complicated themes in relationships...for example, right now though my wife and I are doing well, we are completely enmeshed with the new season of the Affair...it took me a while to realize that part of the compulsion to watch this show was the Venus/Mars mutual reception by debilitation...a small example, but see if you notice the somewhat corrupt or scandalous Mars/Venus qualities somewhere in your life
* Attraction to the past, to old or traditional knowledge, to ancient or timeless images (Saturn in Sagittarius)
* The intensity of beliefs, the traps of ideology, conflict and hostility related to religion (Saturn in Sagittarius)
* The martyr or religious zealot, the savior and sinner, the ideal versus the real, human frailty versus divine grace (Saturn square Neptune)
* Note that when Saturn and Neptune are in square to one another the themes of natural and supernatural come out in full force. Under this transit we may be forced to consider more directly than ever before the reality of "good and evil" spiritual forces at work in the world, or we might be forced into considering our beliefs more acutely because various situations demand a more careful examination of our values or ideas. Additionally the idea of commitment and faith, of devotion and discipleship all come to mind under this transit. Where do we find ourselves wanting to commit more deeply or "walk our talk" more devotedly? These are all good Saturn/Neptune subjects.
* The change of heart, change of mind, or sudden illuminating of something that was prior to unseen or unrecognized (Mercury moving from a conjunction with Pluto into a square with Uranus)
* Note that Pluto/Uranus will be within 1.5 degrees from another exact square by the end of this month. As the Full Moon is happening on Christmas day, it's unfortunately possible that this holiday season yields some of the darker Pluto/Uranus elements. Add Saturn/Neptune to the mix and it's possible that we see more displays of public violence or religiously fueled acts of terror. I feel sad that I've come to expect some of these things...but I've seen the astrology accurately predict these outbursts too many times to not at least mention it. Regardless, on a much simpler level, watch for unnecessary outbursts, debates, or conflicts this Christmas. The Full Moon will engage the Pluto/Uranus square, and with the Moon in the sign of Cancer it's possible that some elements of family drama (at the very least) might rear their head if we're not especially mindful of how we communicate with each other.
Last but not least, it's important to note that Jupiter in Virgo will soon be stationing to turn retrograde. At the same time, Mercury, the planetary ruler of Jupiter in Virgo, will also turn retrograde and move backward through Capricorn. This might mean various delays, temporary setbacks, or unexpected changes coming in the first month of the year...though it's possible that these setbacks or delays are actually helpful in some unexpected way since Mercury will trine Jupiter both during his retrograde and again when he turns direct.
Prayer: In the darkness, a secret, in anonymity, the deepest giving and receiving, in listening, learning...thank you