What to watch for:
* diet and lifestyle changes demanding
* altered states, dreams, escape, boredom
* something comes to its conclusion or finish
* a wound or nagging problem that won’t go away, try as we may
* independence and the fear of commitment
* a new approach to an old system
* power struggles between the new and the old
* learning a new trade, craft, or skill
* understanding the history of someone or something important to us
* salvaging what remains
* starting over with renewed commitment and focus
* understanding power structures, learning strategy
* a powerful accumulation..something is building up, strengthening, gaining force or momentum
* facing something squarely from the past
* nagging self esteem issues, criticism, obsessive worry
* the drudgery of daily work, the feeling of being overwhelmed, tired, in need of an escape
* the need for collaboration, we can’t do everything alone
* this violence and tension is old, and why?
* seeing the big picture, standing back and taking stock
* simplification, simplification, simplification
* building something simpler, easier, earthier
* organizing as we build something new
* gender roles flip flopping, trying to build strength in what we perceive ourselves lacking
* sexual tension building
* creative resolution on the horizon
* hard to tell the difference between whats ending and whats beginning
* creative revisions and breakthroughs
* unexpected success
Is there ever any clear way of summarizing what’s happening in the sky? Does there need to be? Some voices and images in the sky speak louder from one person to the next, one group or culture to the next, one time and place to the next. I like to imagine the astrological themes like weather systems moving through the world soul. Knowing what the weather is looking like we gain a little more insight into ourselves and others, into the current moment, and like any other rainy, snowy, windy, grey or sunny day, our lives are shaped and we in turn shape by these subtle bodies. To ask “so what does it all mean or what are we supposed to do?” is like asking why it rains or snows and what to do about it. When we start with the imaginal and the eternal, then the real treasure is in the simplest reminders of eternity that these patterns give us. Of course there are always “practical” questions, but we seem to forget that practical is also a multi-faceted jewel in the night sky, a god like face or animal presence reflecting its own divine powers.
This is a good conversation to have under the Virgo/Pisces dynamic, where we can so easily polarize ourselves between what is real or practical and what is imaginal, forgetting that both are already eternal, practical, and imaginal.
Still we hear that voice, “What does it all mean? What are we supposed to do?” The strange truth is that necessity invents itself and only necessity can absolve itself of itself. If we stop and listen, in other words, then we usually know what we’re supposed to do, and we likely already know what’s going to happen when we do whatever we need to do.
Daily horoscopes are ways for any of us to simply see the various patterns and blind spots that are part of whatever it is that we’re currently doing. Sometimes the planets tell us what we’re missing, or they show us what we’re really doing that we don’t realize we’re doing, and other times by showing us the reflections of these divine patterns the planets release us from the idea that anything we’re doing really matters, that we don’t need to take ourselves so personally, and this is liberating (if not a little scary sometimes).
Again, all of this also reflects the conversation between the Virgo Moon and the Pisces Sun.
Prayer: My life is the reflection of eternity…already and always..from this place I look again at the question, “What am I supposed to do?” and now I find something slightly different.
Image by courtesy of Nasa, at creative commons image licensing