Here's what to watch for given the tone set by this New Moon.
* The cycle begins with liberation and revolution, defiance, and breakthrough. Think the beginning of something new meets the choice to take a risk, to defy authority, to go against the set tradition, or to break the rules.
* The month ahead may also feature contention and radically opposed views meeting head to head in battle.
* It's also important to be on guard against the temptation to react, fight, and struggle for position or power. This cycle may easily goad us into expressions of anger, rebelliousness without a real cause, or overcompensation. For example, on my way home from taking my daughter to the Aquarium this afternoon a road raging man literally tried to pin me off to the side of the road because I wouldn't accelerate beyond 5 mph over the speed limit in a residential neighborhood. His anger tempted me to respond with the same belligerence, but thankfully I didn't.
* This cycle may also begin with shocking news, exciting news, liberating news, or disruptive news. This cycle is echoing the Jupiter/Uranus opposition very strongly, just as the seeds of the new cycle are being planted!
* As this month's cycle unfolds the Sun will shortly enter Scorpio and conjoin Jupiter. When the Sun is this close to a conjunction with Jupiter it means that Jupiter is near the end of his life. This symbol can be literal, and refer to Jupiter in Scorpio figures, older/wiser men/women or Jupiterian figures, or older/wiser Jupiterian figures passing away. But it can also represent metaphorical death within whatever area of your chart Scorpio rules or within whatever house you have the first few degrees of Scorpio.
* An old Jupiter in Scorpio is like drawing the death card along with the star card, applied to a particular area of life. There is death and endings and the pain of loss moving into this new cycle... but also miracles, clear messages, guiding lights and writing on the wall.
* Given all of the above, it's likely that we will also see these themes at play in the ongoing political and cultural battles in the US and abroad. We may see bigger political firings with this dying Jupiter in Scorpio, or important endings, or even the death of famous or historic people.
* With Jupiter and Mercury co-present in Scorpio and Mercury moving toward its evening star position we may also see the emergence or sudden appearance of important/hidden information. News, messages, or information that has been hidden or kept behind closed doors, may find its way into the public eye or may come into our conscious awareness as the month unfolds.
With Jupiter in Scorpio, it's incredibly important to remember that who or what we go to war with, even when our cause is "just," can easily become the source of self-righteousness, vindictiveness, anger, pride, and ego-inflation. Jupiter in Scorpio is sometimes the arrogant warrior or the streak of anger, jealousy, rage, and vengeance within a just cause. Even the wisest and noblest of warriors have to be on guard against the snares of the ego.
Prayer: Teach us the way of the peaceful warrior, the postures of the guardians of compassion. Teach us to battle with our own demons...and to name them with the same tone of voice that we use when we call them out of others.