The Sun/Pluto opposition brings up the complexities and shadows of the national unconscious here in the US.
Here are some of the complexities at play, and I take these from the narrative I've witnessed in my facebook feed over the past two days from all different kinds of people who read my horoscopes:
* The subjects of gun ownership, gun carrying, gun possession
* The subjects of police brutality, bias "training," and racism
* Addressing race without further polarizing racial tensions
* Ignoring race and further polarizing racial tensions
* Anyone not with something is inherently against something else
* No, we can be both against certain aspects of something while for other aspects of the same thing
* Anger, blame, and self righteousness regarding the group we most identify with or support
* Avoidance, denial, and suppression of the group we are least willing to identify with or support
* Calling for all kinds of love and compassion while neglecting the simplest or smallest acts of love and compassion in our day to day lives
* Not using our voices to call for action in the world, despite the amazing amount of attention and time we give to our kids, or our friends, work, etc.
* Silence is accused of racism
* Accusation is accused of racism
* The sins of previous generations...a real thing
* The sins of previous generations...a story that keeps us stuck in the past
* Anger is healthy and real
* Anger needs to be channeled and used constructively
* Anger divides, we need peace, patience, kindness
* Movements have to be more than just trendy hashtags
* No, movements in this day and age are made and advanced through ideas and the war of ideas in the media
* White privilege is real and here is how to talk to someone about their white privilege
* Talking to someone about their white privilege will only polarize things further
* Forgiveness means forgetting
* No, you can forgive but not forget what's important
* Compassion and patience is a weak response
* No, compassion and patience is the only way anything substantive gets accomplished
* We are more than race
* We can be more than race AND be defined by our race
* This is not my responsibility, I did not do anything
* This can be both not my responsibility and my responsibility
* Anti everything attitudes and conspiracy theories
* Delusional positivism and naive trust
* The problem is more systemic than it is racial
* The problem can be both systemic and racial
* No, the problem is racial, and until we start there, nothing will change
* The system is rigged by the 1%
* The word rig is rigged unconsciously
and last but not least...
* Pokemon Go is consuming your news feed almost as much as everything above...
Prayer: Help us to see diversely. Teach us to listen to each other.