Mercury is stationing as it is also forming a conjunction with Mars in Leo, and both planets are in a close square with Uranus in Taurus.
Here's what to watch for:
* Retrogrades bring reversals, delays, significant turns or twists of fate or circumstance
* Retrogrades often indicate that what was gained is being given back or taken back
* When a planet stations, just prior to turning retrograde, it's also as though the planet is saying "Look at me!"
* With Mercury stationing in a conjunction with Mars, in the sign of the Lion, we should be extra careful with our words, thoughts, and communication, as there may be a temptation to be domineering, overpowering, bullying, proud, controlling, or authoritarian right now.
* On the other hand, challenges to tradition, authority, and power, may be inevitable, as both Mercury and Mars also square Uranus, the rebel, the defiant liberator.
* Disruptive and potentially violent energies may be unleashed in the next few days as Mars works its way through the square to Uranus, so we should also take extra care when doing anything risky. It's not a good time to get into an ego battle on the freeway!
* It's also a good time to pursue interesting or innovative ideas, technological devices, revolutionary thinkers or teachers, or for the development of a new system of thought or a new strategy.
* Be mindful of the voice in your head that says, "Nobody but me knows what is right or good or true." The truth is that most of us need teachers, mentors, counselors, objective listeners, friends, and lovers to keep our head screwed on straight, what to speak of the need for spiritual guides if we are hoping to grow closer to the divine in this lifetime. This transit may also tempt us to reject any and all forms of help or assistance because we feel threatened, jealous, or insecure about having to admit that we need help or that we do not know everything or are not in control of everything.
* On the other hand, if we have a pattern of giving all of our authority or inner truth away because we lack confidence, this transit may help us find the strength to make a decision for ourselves or to distance ourselves from an authority or institution that has trespassed or regularly tries to take more power or authority than it should.
* Also, again, remember that volatile tempers, moods, conversations, etc., can easily escalate given the Mars/Uranus dynamic. Pushing the envelope can be healthy but pushing a stranger in a grocery store can lead to a fist fight in the snack aisle. ;)
Prayer: Help us to find the pride of quiet strength and humble service.
Happy Solar Eclipse in Cancer Today!
Things to watch for:
* Cancer is a feminine, tropical, water sign.
* Cancer is the domicile of the Moon.
* Solar Eclipses are like very powerful versions of a New Moon.
* This Solar Eclipse is with the North Node of the Moon.
Let's put it together:
* A powerful new beginning
* In a feminine sign, this implies that it will take a while to gestate, reach out, and grow. It is more relational, instinctual, and will weave its way into your life slowly over the next 3-6 months, and beyond due to another round of eclipses coming in Cancer and Capricorn this winter.
* In a tropical sign, this new beginning may also represent a significant turning point in a particular area of life, a dramatic shift of plot, more sudden or cathartic due to Cancer's tropical nature (remember, the word "tropos" is related to something turning).
* In a water sign, this eclipse may touch your life in a more vulnerable or emotional manner.
* Water signs are fertile, look to themes of growth and birth.
* The sign of Cancer was originally related to the birth of the cosmos and the descent of spirit into matter.
* With this eclipse taking place in the domicile of the Moon, and the Moon related to the memory of or longing for our divine source, the need or desire for home, family, safety, security, or some connection to the past, or to our cultural or ethnic roots, or to some spiritual sense of home, may be pronounced.
* Look to the whole sign house that contains Cancer in your birth chart to see what topics might be wed to this eclipse!
What NOT to do: with the north node's desirous impulse featured prominently, be careful of making emotionally impulsive decisions. Be careful of doing something that is nostalgic, romantic, and rooted in the ideal of some happily ever after situation. Be careful of thinking that a new home, a new family, more kids, etc., will solve your problems. Be careful of trying to create a feeling of "at-homeness" through big investments that will be very difficult to maintain. Be careful of trying to address insecurities, hopes, and fears through emotionally or spiritually regressive solutions. Be careful of "running back to the past," or of trying to return to an idyllic childhood feeling or situation.
What TO do: ask yourself, what can I do, what can I create, so that more of my soul, more of my true self, is served and nourished. How can I create a house of the holy? How can I create a warm nucleus for my soul? How can I feel more at home inside my heart and mind? How can I make my body a little more of a temple for the in-dwelling spirit?
Remember, the changes we make right now, will flow forth from the way in which we direct our attention. A gentle walk by a river, lake, or ocean, spent in prayer, will go a lot farther in the long run on a day like today than we might imagine!
Prayer: Walk with us in the cool of the evening. Show us to the river of soul. Be the future that we trust, each nurturing step of the way.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.