Here's what to watch for:
* Frugality or the need to make more out of less
* Learning to take pride in being quieter
* Working within limitations or setting boundaries without an authoritarian attitude
* A period of recovery or liberation that comes only after learning how to live with and accept dry spells or natural periods of decline or decrease
* The difference between discipline and boundaries and authoritarian or dictatorial attitudes
* What we can call our own, learning to share, and setting aside pride or vanity to share the credit or reward for something
* Setting good boundaries leads to breakthroughs and liberation
* Patience and hard work
* Persistence, belief, and sticking with something even when its difficult
* Not making excuses, not blaming or complaining, taking personal responsibility, modestly accepting circumstances, leads to a deeper and more profound experience of freedom
* Principled flexibility rather than trying to do everything with uncompromising principles
The Leo/Taurus combination features both the fiery authority of the Sun in Leo as well as the solid and conservative earthiness of Taurus. Last quarter Moons often represent breakdowns and/or breakthroughs...releasing, letting go, relinquishing, and completing come to mind during last quarter Moon periods. With this particular last quarter Moon we therefore might see the releasing of stubborn principled dogmatism, which the Leo/Taurus dynamic often signifies, or we might see the establishment of better principles or structures leading to success or liberation.
Leo/Taurus was one of the strongest signatures in my grandfather's chart. He was an incredibly hard working man whose motto was, "You've gotta be tough." He also liked to joke that, "If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much." He was a real character! His life was in many ways defined by principled, hard working, conservative values. He was a combat veteran and his pride and joy was the work he put into his 80 acres of country land. However, as he aged and as I had the opportunity to live next door to him for a year and a half of my life, I watched some of his principled and proud attitude soften into a more yielding, modest, and even gentle demeanor.
Leo/Taurus at last quarter Moon is the picture of that principled, hard working pride and authority finally softening, releasing, or leading to a breakthrough...it all depends on our ability to stay conscious and present to the dynamics unfolding around us, and inside of us.
Prayer: Teach our principles to be flexible, yielding, generous, gentle, and kind. Teach us the value of hard working compromises.