Here's what to watch for:
* Whenever a new moon cycle begins it takes roughly three days before we first see the Moon as a waxing crescent. This first reappearance of the Moon frequently coincides with its first harmonious aspect to the Sun since the start of the cycle. For this reason, the first sextile of a new moon cycle is an auspicious moment that may indicate any of the following themes...
* The first signs of something recovering after a period of obscurity, difficulty, weakness, or invisibility.
* The first signs of something growing and gaining momentum or energy after a period of dormancy or germination.
* The development of something thanks to forms of support or assistance appearing.
* The early returns on something.
* A good omen or sign that something in the future will be okay, or that an effort will find support.
* Today's Moon in Capricorn puts the Moon in Saturn's sign. Meanwhile, Jupiter and Saturn are entering into a harmonious sextile with one another and the Moon's next aspect is to Jupiter, albeit a square and from the sign of her detriment. One thing this complex dynamic brings to mind is the image of wrongs and injustices being addressed, or stagnation and decay being cleared out through a restoration or revitalization effort. We're setting the record straight, we're clearing out or repairing what's been damaged, and we're addressing something at the roots in order to make sure that it doesn't continue to proliferate and spread sickness or misfortune. This is also being done specifically so that we might take the next step forward in building something.
* The idea of being durable and dealing with setbacks and times of deprivation, loss, or decline is also a powerful theme right now. Today may signify a turn of momentum where we are able to address what's been holding us back, again through a restoration, repair, or revitalization effort.
* There is also a theme of fathers and sons in the Jupiter/Saturn dynamic right now, or the past and the future, or even generational dialogue in general.
Prayer: Help us to be durable, and help us to repair what's been damaged so that we might continue to move forward.