Here is what to watch for:
Venus opposite Saturn:
* Conflicts in love
* Conflicts in friendship
* Separation or isolation
* Deepening commitments, devotion to something greater
* Conflicting ideologies
* Dogma vs open-mindedness in relationships
* Conflicts of faith and belief in partnerships
* Training the mind to keep its commitments
* Diversity vs consistency
* Loneliness on a spiritual path
* Hard differences on the best approach to something
* Negotiations breaking down
* Beautiful things vs materialism
* Being unfaithful, cheating, or gossip
* The opportunity for maturing or growing wiser in love and friendships or any kind of relationship
* Eliminating or simplifying something
* Simplification and subtle forms of beauty
* Reduction makes something more beautiful
* Narrowing our choices, tastes, interests
* Returning or giving back something we've purchased or been given
* Waiting for what we want or desire, being held back from what we long for
We will add more to this list in the next few days as the aspect perfects...for now please feel free to post your stories. How are you seeing Venus opposite Saturn appearing in your life right now?
Mars is also about to enter Leo today, where the dignity of Mars will shift out of his fall and into the rulership of the Sun. Mars was traditionally said to do better than most planets with combustion due to his own fiery nature, but the Mars/Sun combustion is still very challenging. Notice that for weeks we've spoken of the dying or failing or exhaustion of the masculine/Mars principle...a headline that mirrors this dynamic is the recent news of Senator McCain, a war hero, grappling with brain cancer. Another headline involves the drowning/suicide of a former NFL football player...James Hardy is one of several NFL players who have died under the combustion of this Mars in Cancer.
We don't point these out to win any accuracy points but rather to train our minds to notice the signs of the times so that we might recognize the planets in our own lives, and so that by recognizing them we might avoid the trap of being seized by them unconsciously. The more consciously we engage with these transits, the more the daily planetary weather provides us with opportunities for the continued development of our devotion to the divine...something that is always cultivated in loving presence and thoughtful attention.
Prayer: Teach us to hear the music of the sky, each and every day, so that we might learn to love you more, each and every day.