Today the Moon is in Cancer, just passing an opposition with Saturn and now moving toward a grand water trine with Neptune and Jupiter, and then an opposition with Pluto tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Mars is just finishing its first of a number of squares to Uranus in Taurus.
Here's what to watch for:
* The day begins with the aura of the Moon/Saturn opposition, both in their home signs, in each other's detriments, opposed as ever, reflecting the opposite themes of work or duty and home and hearth, obligation and responsibility vs. caring tenderness, maturity and old age vs youth and immaturity, devotion and emotional validation vs cold, unresponsive, stern or harsh. You may also notice themes of exclusivity, abandonment, harsh or severe vs compassionate instruction, neediness versus the need to grow up and take care of one's self, etc. It's also not uncommon to feel sad, morose, heavy, depressed, as well as guilty, ashamed, or burdened the reality of your own shortcomings. This transit is already lifting, but in case you woke up today with the "feels" for it, now you know! Remember, with knowledge of the transit comes the ability to find healthy detachment and healthy participation...we can "dovetail" all our daily experiences back into our devotional/spiritual life.
* Next, the Moon will be moving into a grand water trine with Neptune and Jupiter today, highlighting a very powerful window of emotionality, intuition, faith, and expansion or growth. On the other hand, we may swiftly find ourselves in over our heads, consumed, or overwhelmed by powerful feelings, tempting us to overreact, or we may also find ourselves flooded with relief, finding our inner sense of truth again after a period of feeling emotionally confused or deluded.
* The grand water trine may also emphasize themes of religion, purity, spiritual bliss, and transcendence. Just be careful because sometimes we take the call to spiritual life, or the thirst for transcendence, and turn it into an opportunity for selfishness or momentary distractions or indulgence. Look for the spiritual signal, guiding you back home to the recognition of yourself as an eternal spiritual being, servant of the whole, rather than chasing a mirage today.
* Finally, with challenging Mars squaring paradigm-breaking Uranus, you may feel like your fists are up and you're ready to fight, to take a stand, or to defy anyone or anything standing in your way. Be careful because the same general rules of life always apply: patience, peace, kindness, tolerance, and the recognition of God within all beings. At the same time, if you are being called to make important changes that help you further your spiritual life, and maybe some bold actions are required, then go for it! We are not here to live with spirits of fear. So we should remove the impediments to our spiritual blossoming without hesitation.
Prayer: Give us spirits of courage, hearts of gold, and never-ending faith.
**Uranus in Taurus, mini/personalized reports are still available. I've extended the deadline to order them, so check out the comments box for more info on how to order one for yourself!**
Happy New Moon Everyone! And happy Uranus into Taurus day. Remember, there is still time to pick up a Uranus in Taurus mini-report. See below this post for details!
The New Moon in Taurus gets the day started today, but of course, the big highlight is the entrance of Uranus into Taurus, something that hasn't happened since 1934!
Meanwhile, in the next 24 hours, the planet Mars is going to square Uranus just as it enters Aquarius. These are some big league transits!
Things you might be feeling, noticing, experiencing:
* The time for change is now...no more dancing around it, it's time to make this happen
* Forceful change, a breakthrough, a discovery or insight, a flash of brilliance
* Sudden, disruptive events that shock or challenge the status quo
* The ground is moving, the basics are shifting, my basic needs are resurfacing or transforming
* You are ready to cut back, cut out, simplify, reduce and evolve
* You are ready to initiate a process of transformation, you know it will be a process, but you are ready to start
* It's a new day, a new dawn, and you're ready to get on the horse and go!
* You are feeling forceful, defiant, and ready to buck the trend or break the mold
* You can feel the moment of transformation is at hand, but you have absolutely no idea what is coming or what is about to change or shift
* You need to confront something, take a stand, rock the boat, challenge the tradition
* You are ready for a new mission
The Uranus/Mars/New Moon combination added to the Jupiter/Neptune trine that is perfecting right now is creating an aura of imagination, faith, hope, transformation, and confrontation, all at once. It's a beautiful moment so be sure to celebrate today by listening and watching, noticing where you are being led. Look at how far you've come, and look at where you are going. We live for new days, and though every day is new, we often forget how to act like it.
Prayer: Give us a bold new spirit. Fill us with the courage of your love, the boldness of your creation, and the happiness that comes when we find our most integral form of service in this world.
Want your own Uranus into Taurus Mini-report?
1. Visit the "donate" button on my website and make a suggested donation of $40 to $75. If you can afford more it helps for those who can't afford as much. The link is in the comments section of this post.
2. Then email me your time/date/location of birth at email@example.com, as well as the email address you would prefer to receive your recording at
3. You'll then receive a brief, personalized audio/video recording of me offering you some insights as to how the shift of Uranus into Taurus will be affecting you personally over the months and year to come!
Today the Moon is moving into a square with Mars, just as Mercury and Uranus are conjunct and Mercury is changing signs into Taurus and just as Mars prepares to square Uranus.
Here's what to watch for (but first a few quick announcements):
* In case you missed it, this week I posted a three-part series on the entrance of Uranus into Taurus. It is on my youtube channel, linked here. I also gave a talk on the Esoteric Doctrines of the Planetary Dignities yesterday at Kepler College Online. If you missed that talk and would like to hear it, I will be posting it on my youtube channel today, as well.
* For just two more days you can also order a short, personalized Uranus in Taurus report. See below this post for details on how to order!
* You may feel plugged in as Mercury and Uranus are just now separating from the conjunction they formed yesterday. Mercury/Uranus is electric, fast, innovative, surprising, sudden, quick-witted, eccentric, defiant, bold, impulsive, articulate, and mentally sophisticated.
* Mercury and Uranus and the Moon are all in the sign of Mars and Mars is moving into a square with Uranus. This adds the qualities of power, force, muscle, confrontation, hostility, bravado, machismo, incisiveness, cutting, dividing, bravery, and valor into the equation.
* Morning CNN Headline: New fissures open in Hawaii.
* It's possible to get on a high horse right now, to dissociate a little too much, to act too quickly or rashly, to be a rebel without a cause, or to be ready to make a bold and powerful move, ignite the change, or take a big step forward.
* Remember that the Moon/Mars/Uranus/Mercury dynamic today can be quite fiesty...so if you're celebrating mother's day, just remember "Mom is always right on Mother's day!" :)
* A simple spiritual truth is that we cannot truly gain anything unless we know how to receive. Knowing how to receive usually means knowing how to listen, how to submit and surrender the heart to others and to the divine, and how to be in need and search of correction, encouragement, revision, and help. We can't do those things if we are always "right" or if we are always competing, defending, or justifying ourselves. We have to learn to find and delight in the secret nectar of being wrong, of being mistaken, of needing love. The fact that we need love is the evidence that love is real, but we can't find either the evidence to lead us to love or the love God has waiting for us if we don't know how to surrender our mind, our thoughts, and our need to be right or in the lead all the time. So for as galloping and brave as today's astrology is, let's not forget to take delight and joy in others' victories, in the strength of our listening, and in the eternal beauty of our insignificance.
Prayer: Make our minds the instruments of your love. Bring us back to the temple of our insignificance, which is also our true home, a feeling not a number, our names and your names repeating, hand in hand, together in the halls of your eternal bliss.
Jupiter is preparing to trine Neptune again; the last time it did so it was the very beginning of December 2017.
Here are some things that happened, and some things to watch for again this time around:
The recent history...
* Nature magazine published an article recognizing Oumuamua as the first known "interstellar object." This is a significant Jupiter/Neptune theme. Jupiter is expansion, knowledge, and the spirit of discovery and Neptune is the unknown, the mysterious, the "deep space," and the "Interstellar." This article greatly excited the collective imagination and this is well-known Jupiter/Neptune theme: the exploration or discovery of distant worlds, the expansion of the imaginal, etc.
* "On November 22nd, the international court of justice found Ratko Mladic guilty of genocide committed during the Bosnian War, the worst massacre in Europe since World War 2." This is also a significant Jupiter/Neptune theme. Jupiter is justice and Neptune is related to cleansing as well as the attempt to dissolve or eliminate things thought of as unclean or impure. It may not sound like Neptune, but Neptune actually shows up frequently in relation to religious intolerance, or the desire to eradicate all that is "different" in favor of "sameness."
* Similarly, on November 24th, 300 + worshippers were killed by an extremist group at a mosque in Egypt. Similar themes as above (although there were, and always are, multiple planetary influences corresponding to events like these...but we can see Jupiter/Neptune involved here, nonetheless).
* Russia was banned from the 2018 Winter Olympics for state-sponsored doping. Here we see Jupiter (bigness, muscle, expansion) and Neptune (the drug and the chemical, the illlusion of greatness, the deception).
* Then, on December 6th, the US officially recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Here we have a big declaration (Jupiter) about a holy city (Neptune) and pilgrimage site (Jupiter/Neptune), but again the entire issue reflects the complications of religious/ethnic warfare and the desire to absorb differences into a singularity.
* On December 14th, Walt Disney absorbed most of 21st Century Fox, for 66 billion dollars. Here we have the themes of the film (Neptune) and a company greatly expanding (Jupiter) while simultaneously absorbing (Neptune) another large company (Jupiter).
* In the coming weeks we should expect to see similar mutual inflections and influence between these two planets. It will be especially interesting given the Uranus transit on the New Moon!
What to expect personally...
* Jupiter/Neptune trines can expand or renew your faith, wisdom, or commitment to something
* Jupiter/Neptune brings karmic justice
* Jupiter/Neptune is the desire to absorb or make differences into singularities (for better or worse)
* Jupiter/Neptune grows and expands things significantly, but may also overestimate its reach or underestimate the cost involved
* Jupiter/Neptune stimulates the imagination to grow and find or discover new worlds
* Jupiter/Neptune is the spiritual or religious impulse, as well as the desire to visit alternative dimensions of consciousness
* Jupiter/Neptune is the delusion of grandeur and the numbness of oneness
* Jupiter/Neptune forgets diversity
* Jupiter/Neptune may include more or incorporate
* Jupiter/Neptune is a bold, new vision, a statement of faith, a vow,
* Jupiter/Neptune in water signs deepens our emotional connections and inspires our devotion
* Jupiter/Neptune is the mood of compassion and global outreach
Watch the houses ruled by Pisces and Scorpio in your birth chart and see how these themes present themselves in the areas of life associated with those houses!
Prayer: Grow our faith. Grow our love. Show us to the endless valleys of singing and dancing. Hold our hands.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.