In the next several days, Venus in Sagittarius will move into a trine with Mars in Aries, just as Mercury is moving into a conjunction with Pluto in Capricorn.
Here's what to watch for:
* Don't be fooled. Although Venus and Mars are getting together right now, with Mars engaging with Saturn, Mercury moving into a conjunction with Pluto, and Venus and Mars both in fire signs, the picture of harmony we are witnessing right now has more to do with trying to force a positive resolution or conclusion in the midst of a period of exhaustion, pressure, and high-stakes individual needs.
* The 47th hexagram of the I Ching is often translated as "Exhaustion." And it depicts a time when resources have dried up and one is running on empty.
* When the sixth line changes it reads, "He is surrounded by tangling vines and besieged with weariness. He says to himself: “If I would be regretful for doing nothing or doing something, I might as well do something to take my chances of getting out of hardship.”
* With Venus and Jupiter simultaneously approaching a square to Neptune, we may be feeling especially desperate for relief. We can see the far shore, it's now within sight, but we need to call upon a deeper resource, a "next level," or a deeper truth or honesty to help us finish the last lap.
* Cutting corners won't work right now. But not doing something to alleviate the pressure may also bring misfortune.
* When the sixth line of hexagram 47 changes it leads to hexagram 6, which is called "Conflict."
* Doing the right thing, making the right choice, seeking the right solution, isn't easy. It requires sacrifice, and yet, even when we've "done the right thing," we may still face conflict.
* A delicate touch is needed right now, and yet we cannot be so delicate that we compromise what is most essential.
* A simple test of what is essential: does this action help to clear away an "unnecessary necessity?"
* Unnecessary necessities are those things we cling to out of a false sense of duty, obligation, or fear. When we let it go, it often comes with conflict, but having it gone it may lead to an increased commitment to our spiritual welfare.
* After things have grown beyond the limit, cutting back comes naturally. When cutting back involves shaping, pruning, and refining, then we reach a stage of realized growth. The growth extends beyond its own "form" and becomes a realized part of our conscious awareness. Then, even if the literal/material form begins to fall apart, the fruit remains with us and our understanding of the "Tao," or the flow of material nature can be perceived. The more we understand this flow, the less likely we are to take it literally and the more we naturally start to probe beyond its appearances, toward its source.
* The more we reach toward our divine source, the more that all these movements in the world start to shimmer with its presence. Love floods the heart.
Prayer: Help us to see you in the pressure, in the exhaustion, in the sacrifice. Let our simple vision of you in all things be the simplest solution to the most unnecessarily complex problems.
The Sun is moving into a conjunction with Pluto, just as Jupiter is moving into a square with Neptune.
What to watch for:
* Reaching a personal bottom line
* A change of thought, a change of mind
* The elimination of corruption
* The exposure of something that's been hidden or festering, can't avoid it any longer
* Scandals and changes forced by scandals
* Revelations of hidden information
* A transformation of heart and soul, the feeling that one cannot persist without eliminating something
* Death and the understanding granted by powerful endings
* Seeing what's below the surface, seeing people for who they really are
* The eruption of powerful/unconscious forces
* Wounds and the will to rise up from difficulties or sickness
* A renewal or rebirth related to a more mature, sober understanding of the situation
* Seizing power or the seduction of taking greater power
* Power, experience, wisdom, and the "dying old man" or "the corrupt old person"
When you pair this transit with Jupiter's square to Neptune, things get pretty interesting. This is a Jupiter/Neptune transit delivering a vast and exciting new image, idea, vision, or sweeping change, and yet it is coming in the midst of the undeniable heaviness of a month loaded with hard Capricornian energies. Our bottom line is our foundation right now. The elimination of whatever is unnecessary, as well as getting real with ourselves about what darkness is hiding behind the facade, is happening just as a new dream is presenting itself.
Prayer: Change us, inside and out, so that we might grow into the next phase of our lives, and make the foundation of this next phase a relentless desire to serve you and to serve each other, in love.
Mercury is moving into a square with Mars in the next 24 hours.
Here's what to watch for:
* Mercury and Mars represent the sharp mind and tongue
* Mercury and Mars represent mental agitation
* Mercury and Mars analyze, break apart, decode with great precision
* Mercury and Mars translate that which is complex into the simple
* Mercury and Mars bring organizational strategy, executive decision making power, and intolerance for that which isn't mature or well-planned or well thought out
* Mercury and Mars implement ideas
* Mercury and Mars argue, debate, boast, and confront
* Mercury and Mars destroys communication or negotiation
* Mercury in Capricorn helps Mars in Aries to become more careful, practical, methodical, and serious
* Mars in Aries helps Mercury in Capricorn to take action rather than being overly calculated or reserved
* Mercury and Mars break things into parts
* Mercury and Mars may represent violent or aggressive speech
* Mercury and Mars are declarations, well-argued, and the inevitable argumentative responses people will make
* Mercury and Mars tell us to get a strategy, to get organized, to make a plan, and to execute it without any further delay
* Mercury in Capricorn and Mars in Aries bring controlled and mature complaints, arguments, or gripes
* Mercury and Mars are impatient when it comes to frivolity, careless actions, or thoughtless or whimsical planning
* Mercury and Mars overestimate the importance of the details, the plan, the execution, and act both childish and overly controlling, throwing a tantrum when the plan fails or doesn't work out
* Mercury and Mars in Cap and Aries may forget the benefit of going with the flow, or the value of not having a plan or strategy but rather remaining open to intuition or quiet, gentle, inner guidance
* Mercury and Mars takes a knife to a coffee date
* Mercury and Mars insists that there is only one way
* Mercury and Mars thinks about nothing but its own plan, becomes too singular in its thinking and forgets others or the feelings and needs of others
* Mercury and Mars sometimes give us the illusion that we can arrive at spiritual life simply by philosophy, books, and ideas about spiritual life.
* Mercury and Mars may also be the tools of mental and intellectual understanding that aid us in spiritual development
Prayer: Help us to see the glitch in the matrix, and help us to take a few practical actions in order to start embodying the real again.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.