Venus is moving into a lesser-known traditional aspect, called an antiscion, with Neptune today.
Here's what to watch for (first a few technical explanations, which you can skip past if you already understand the concepts!):
* Antiscia are formed between planets in signs that carry an equal amount of light and shadow in the twenty-four hour day.
* Antiscia are formed between Cancer and Gemini, Leo and Taurus, Virgo and Aries, as well as Capricorn and Sagittarius, Aquarius and Scorpio, and Pisces and Libra.
* Antiscia require that the two planets degrees, within the pairings listed above, add up to 30 degrees. So for example, today Neptune is at 15 degrees and 32 minutes or so of Pisces, while Venus is at 14 degrees and approximately 17 minutes of Libra. This means that their total is nearly a perfect 30 degrees, which means they are almost perfectly forming the aspect. Venus is the faster-moving planet and will perfect the aspect when it reaches 14 degrees and 28 minutes. But you can notice the effects of antiscia within about 3 degrees before and after the exact aspect is made.
* It's important to remember that all antiscia, while formed between planets in signs of equal light/shadow, will always feature one sign that is moving toward "greater light" and one that is moving toward "greater shadow." For example, during the second day of Cancer season and the twenty-eighth day of Gemini season, there will be an equal amount of light and dark, but technically the light is still waxing in the solar year on the Gemini side of the Summer Solstice, whereas it is beginning to wane on the Cancer side.
* For this reason, the aspect features a kind of shadow complementarity, which is sometimes thought of as "secretive" in nature.
* So, right now, Venus and Neptune might be rather "secretively" offering some kind of complement or help to each other. Sometimes astrologers say that they are forming a "secretive conjunction."
* In order to understand this a little better, we thus need to qualify the relationship between Venus and Neptune. Venus in her own strength within the sign of Libra implies a balanced, beautiful, just, rational, and humane quality, potentially vain or selfish, while Neptune represents dissolution, merging, surrender, imagination, and potentially the qualities of illusion, intoxication, or deception.
* Thus, the two put together, somewhat secretively, in order to help or complement one another, or "merged/conjoined" with one another, might indicate...
* Secretive pacts made to look good on the outside or to cover up for something we don't want people to see
* Diplomacy and sleight of hand
* Taken by a sense of beauty, wealth, riches, sophistication, high class, etc.
* Imagining ourselves to be more beautiful, sophisticated, just, and interesting than we are.
* Finding subtle commonalities that may turn out to be bigger or more important than imagined.
* Falling in love, feeling high, romantic vibes swimming all around us.
* Drugging, poison, hypnotizing, seducing, gaslighting, and perhaps from someone "well dressed or well spoken."
* Healing in relationships, emotional sharing, and uncommon intimacy.
* The fleeting sense that all is more than okay in the world...but why? Don't know...
* The compromises we make in order to follow our dreams, surrendering our dreams for comfort or luxury, sharing our dreams with a partner or with others
* The goddess in her many forms
* A classy conversation, a high society event, near the lights and the deep blue of an exotic aquarium
* The addictive habits we try to hide behind appearances of wealth, intelligence, or beauty
Of course, there are many other ways one might combine the archetypal qualities of these two planets. Just remember to think of a somewhat secretive, complementary, offering between the two planets...a kind of conjunction behind closed doors!
Prayer: May we meet with you in the secret spaces of our hearts, may we sneak a glance at your wonders, and dare to utter your names whenever we find an empty hallway of space and time.
Happy first quarter Moon, and happy Jupiter trine Neptune day today. Plus, bonus material, Venus and Mercury are sextile today as Mercury is stationing to turn direct!!
Here's what to watch for, and then stay tuned to my YouTube channel today because I'm also providing a brief video blog covering the same transits:
* First quarter Moon's represent important turning points in each monthly lunation cycle. The first quarter Moon reflects a moment of "yang breakthrough," where the Moon is becoming lighter than it is dark. Of course, this means that some effort is required right now, and you might be facing some trials or obstacles. If we pay attention to the Moon's rhythms, we see that the same qualities appear each month at this time, and so we might learn how to handle things with more care and patience!
* This first quarter Moon has been in Scorpio, while the Sun is in Leo. Sometimes we mistake our ego's growth for spiritual growth, or sometimes we are challenged to give the ego a constructive role as we are growing spiritually. Power, motivation, intentions, domination, submission, loyalty and betrayal, manipulation and jealousy...these are just some of the powerful themes involved when Leo and Scorpio get together, most of which are complicated to deal with when we are trying our best to cultivate our consciousness and stay awake in the world!
* Meanwhile, Jupiter is perfecting its trine to Neptune. I discussed this at length in yesterday's video blog, but here are some of the highlights of this transit:
* Smoothness, grace, surrender, and fluidity.
* The appearance or arrival of teachers, gurus, etc.
* The dark or corrupt guru, the teacher seeking power, followers, fame, etc.
* The tendency toward inflation, grandiosity, idealism without grounding.
* The "effulgence" of spiritual culture...spiritual materialism, getting lost in the look or trend of spiritual life.
* The desire to make greater wholes, seeking unity, finding forgiveness, compassion, and charity.
* The biggest influences in our lives, who or what we associate with, and how it takes on a life or dimensionality of its own.
* Water, water, water.
* Emotional realizations, insights, projections, fantasies.
* The enlivening of our faith, belief, hope, or inspiration.
* Projecting ourselves to be something bigger or more magical, mystical, than we are.
* Dreams coming true, but maybe we realize we didn't want or need what we thought we did.
* The impulse to go big or go home.
* Seeing the divine in everyone and everything.
* Growth, growth, growth.
* Success but at what cost?
* Surrendering our desires and asking for guidance from people who know more than we do.
Finally, Venus and Mercury are sextile today, as Mercury is stationing to turn direct in Leo. Watch for:
* Harmonious communication
* Learning how to be more careful, thoughtful, diplomatic with words
* Learning how to be more balanced in speech
* An attractive person, a special piece of news, or announcement
* A positive reversal
* Coming to terms or reaching an agreement
* Recovering something that was lost
* Receiving criticism in a helpful/diplomatic way
* Offering apologies or compensation for an offense
* Justice, pride, fairness, balance, ego
* Explaining something carefully
* Revising a form or mode of communication, technology, teaching, or curriculum
The mood should brighten up and become a lot more buoyant in the next few hours, as the Moon enters Sagittarius and also moves to trine Mercury and sextile Venus.
Prayer: Give us the courage to hear your instructions, to check our egos, and to walk our talk. Teach us to be more than "right." Show us the path of your love.
The waxing crescent Moon is in Libra today, moving into a conjunction with Venus, which you should be able to see for a brief while in the western sky tonight, just after sunset, and above Venus and the Moon, Jupiter! When these three are close together, it's really a beautiful thing to see, so don't miss it. You'll also be able to see Saturn and Mars in the eastern sky tonight, so it's going to be quite a lineup.
Meanwhile, Jupiter is closing in on a trine to Neptune, perfecting over the weekend.
Here is what to watch for:
* The waxing crescent Moon in Libra reflects budding relationships, friendships, or business agreements, negotiations, compromise, and harmony, as well as finding general agreement, help, or allies. This is an empowered Venus right now, in her own domicile, and so she is ready to give her assistance to a young or new cause (reflected by the young Moon in Libra).
* A waxing crescent Moon with a conjunction to Venus in her own sign represents a very auspicious development in the journey of the month ahead. There is an aura of help, ease, refinement, grace, beauty, agreement, and harmony available today. I do not often talk about fast-moving, daily lunar connections, but they are sometimes very strong and can be incredibly important when tracking daily astrological changes. Today's conjunction suggests that whatever you might be working on or in the early stages of development with will find some strong form of help or confirmation.
* Of course, this does not make the transit inherently "good," in a spiritual sense because, as we know, "bad people" find success in this world all the time, and "good people" often build their egos on "good deeds."
* Similarly, one of the main reasons we study astrology, one of the main benefits of tracking the transits or seeing the planets reflected in any kind of event, however moral or immoral, minor or major, public or private, is that it reminds us that there is a greater universal intelligence guiding and directing everything. It reminds us that nothing escapes the vision and direction of the divine. So, seeing astrology reflected in the day to day events, it should not further entangle us in the drama and gossip, or the idle spectacles of the world, but rather astrology helps us to see everything in the divine and the divine in everything. If we do this carefully, in the right mood and spirit, then astrology may actually help us to gain some healthy distance from the streaming tickers and dramas of the world and return to a life lived in service to the divine whole, of which we are a unique part.
* If we take this insight and bring it back to the astrology of the day, described above, then we are left with a simple idea. As things are developing, and there is some Venusian agreement, help, or support to be found under this early waxing moon, then we might ask ourselves one question, "How can I use whatever support is presenting itself right now to serve the divine source of which I am a part?" Or, "have I taken a moment to recognize and thank the divine source for whatever support I am receiving since nothing really belongs to me?" Either question, if we dare to ask it sincerely, may lead us to slowly learning how to use the planetary transits in service to our original divine source, which can only enhance and deepen our spiritual lives.
Prayer: May we use whatever momentary good fortune that comes our way for your service. May we learn to feel the excitement of giving back to you, directly, from whatever we are given!
Mars has left Aquarius and entered Capricorn through its retrograde, meanwhile, Saturn and Uranus are in a tight trine with each other.
A few things to watch for:
* The sudden emphasis on "earth" is notable, especially as Leo season is now winding down and Virgo season is upon us.
*Because Virgo season marks the preparation for the harvest and the entry into the yin/dark half of the year, it is a good time for making many nuts and bolts changes, checking items off the "to-do" list, and essentially readying ourselves for larger or more sweeping and systematic changes we'd like to make to close out the year.
* Think of cleaning, preparing, organizing, and the gradual implementation of an entirely new structure.
* Saturn and Uranus together in a trine feature both conservative and progressive, even defiant, tendencies coming together, for good or bad.
* For example, Saturn and Uranus reinforcing the worst in one another can lead to hard clashes of ideology that result in stalemates, fingerpointing, and rhetoric cage matches, or, reinforcing the best in one another might lead to nuts and bolts, systematic changes that help create or implement an important new way of doing something or being in the world.
* Saturn and Uranus is about conservative empowerment, where the word "conservative" is an energetic and highly flexible word prior to it ever being a political word.
* How do we maximize our output, gains, or results, for example, while conserving our energy, time, or resources? Or, how do we build the structure to sustain or support a creative enterprise that may also suffer from too much rigidity, control, or structure?
* With Mars retrograde in Capricorn right now, Mars is back to its exaltation, signifying that there is more constructive Mars energy to be found right now. However, with Mars retrograde, we are still being asked to surrender, revise, reflect, or endure a period of prolonged waiting or delays, frustration or prohibition, at least temporarily until just after the Full Moon.
* Considering that Mercury also turns direct on August 20th, we can expect that late August, and most of Virgo season, will be a prime time to begin implementing the changes that have been building over the summer.
* For more on these energies, check out today's video blog on my youtube channel. Link in the comments section!
Prayer: Help us to create the kinds of material changes that will reflect and enhance the changes we've been experiencing on the inside.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.