Happy Monday! In case you missed my talk on last night's eclipse, here are the highlights:
* The effects of last night's eclipse will be present for many months to come. Sometimes I like to think of eclipses, especially if they are visible in your local area, like the flashes of somebody's headlights that you might see coming toward you while driving your car at night. I'm talking about the kind of flashes that might be warning you that one of your lights is out or that there is a camped out police officer ahead (so you may want to slow down!). The eclipse itself is almost always a sign of things to come. No matter how high or off or strange or altered your state might be during an eclipse, usually it's what eclipse signify "down the road" that we need to pay attention to.
* In this case, look at zero Leo in your birth chart, or the whole sign house of Leo. Consider that there is a very deep surrendering or letting go process that is happening in this area of your life.
* We can easily spiritualize a letting go process like this if, when things are taken away or being surrendered, we simply remember the source of all things, the eternal source from which all blessings flow and back to which all things return. If we take a moment of eclipsing as an opportunity to deepen our remembering or the source in our everyday lives, then the eclipse will automatically be the best gift we could have possibly received. But it takes a courageous heart to choose to see things this way. This is the heart of Leo!
* The eclipse, with the north node of the Moon (Rahu in Indian astrology) is also an indication of potential Lion-like hunger. We should be very careful that we are not allowing for seeds of great ego, pride, and delusion to be planted in our hearts right now. It does not matter who or what we identify with politically, socially, morally, or religiously, when we attempt to lord power over others through any kind of superiority trip, even if we feel we are in the "right," we become the "dark King."
* Eclipsing of the ego is natural during eclipses in Leo. Sometimes we get knocked down a peg, or something that has given us a sense of power or entitlement in the past is taken away or destabilized. If we are generous, and if we keep our hearts open and in remembrance of the fact that we cannot and do not, truly, own anything, then we can be like the noble King, who dies well and does not resist handing the crown over to the next in line...remembering very well to whom the real crown belongs and remembering very well that all Kings and Queens are but servants.
* Remember that the Sun and Leo go hand in hand. Remember that on the journey of spirit, we often get waylaid. Sometimes by ourselves and sometimes by others. We should try to avoid the temptation of a self-induced plateau: "I'm just fine where I am. Rather than grow beyond my current state, I will become a King or Queen of my own plateau."
* On the other hand, sometimes on our journey upward we are asked to pause and serve or remain in a position that feels as though it is below our ultimate ideal. Plateaus can be humble us in a positive way, as well.
* Whenever we get overly identified with a sense of pride and power in the material world, whether it is by means of our race, our nationality, our religion, our family, our political beliefs, our education, our wealth, our beauty, or anything else, even if it seems or appears very "good" or "noble," we are sowing the seeds of an eventual difficult death for the King or Queen. King or Queens that mistakenly assume themselves to be the source of the power fall hard...like any tyrant, the abdication of the throne is ugly at the end.
* Our hearts naturally seek connection with something higher. A lunar eclipse in Leo is an invitation to develop a higher taste, discarding the lazy, indulgent, power-hungry rulers that are constantly seeking to seize our attention and awareness.
Prayer: Give us a higher taste so that we be firmly established upon the throne of our heart, ennobled by the desire to serve you.
In the next several days, Venus in Sagittarius will move into a trine with Mars in Aries, just as Mercury is moving into a conjunction with Pluto in Capricorn.
Here's what to watch for:
* Don't be fooled. Although Venus and Mars are getting together right now, with Mars engaging with Saturn, Mercury moving into a conjunction with Pluto, and Venus and Mars both in fire signs, the picture of harmony we are witnessing right now has more to do with trying to force a positive resolution or conclusion in the midst of a period of exhaustion, pressure, and high-stakes individual needs.
* The 47th hexagram of the I Ching is often translated as "Exhaustion." And it depicts a time when resources have dried up and one is running on empty.
* When the sixth line changes it reads, "He is surrounded by tangling vines and besieged with weariness. He says to himself: “If I would be regretful for doing nothing or doing something, I might as well do something to take my chances of getting out of hardship.”
* With Venus and Jupiter simultaneously approaching a square to Neptune, we may be feeling especially desperate for relief. We can see the far shore, it's now within sight, but we need to call upon a deeper resource, a "next level," or a deeper truth or honesty to help us finish the last lap.
* Cutting corners won't work right now. But not doing something to alleviate the pressure may also bring misfortune.
* When the sixth line of hexagram 47 changes it leads to hexagram 6, which is called "Conflict."
* Doing the right thing, making the right choice, seeking the right solution, isn't easy. It requires sacrifice, and yet, even when we've "done the right thing," we may still face conflict.
* A delicate touch is needed right now, and yet we cannot be so delicate that we compromise what is most essential.
* A simple test of what is essential: does this action help to clear away an "unnecessary necessity?"
* Unnecessary necessities are those things we cling to out of a false sense of duty, obligation, or fear. When we let it go, it often comes with conflict, but having it gone it may lead to an increased commitment to our spiritual welfare.
* After things have grown beyond the limit, cutting back comes naturally. When cutting back involves shaping, pruning, and refining, then we reach a stage of realized growth. The growth extends beyond its own "form" and becomes a realized part of our conscious awareness. Then, even if the literal/material form begins to fall apart, the fruit remains with us and our understanding of the "Tao," or the flow of material nature can be perceived. The more we understand this flow, the less likely we are to take it literally and the more we naturally start to probe beyond its appearances, toward its source.
* The more we reach toward our divine source, the more that all these movements in the world start to shimmer with its presence. Love floods the heart.
Prayer: Help us to see you in the pressure, in the exhaustion, in the sacrifice. Let our simple vision of you in all things be the simplest solution to the most unnecessarily complex problems.
The Sun is moving into a conjunction with Pluto, just as Jupiter is moving into a square with Neptune.
What to watch for:
* Reaching a personal bottom line
* A change of thought, a change of mind
* The elimination of corruption
* The exposure of something that's been hidden or festering, can't avoid it any longer
* Scandals and changes forced by scandals
* Revelations of hidden information
* A transformation of heart and soul, the feeling that one cannot persist without eliminating something
* Death and the understanding granted by powerful endings
* Seeing what's below the surface, seeing people for who they really are
* The eruption of powerful/unconscious forces
* Wounds and the will to rise up from difficulties or sickness
* A renewal or rebirth related to a more mature, sober understanding of the situation
* Seizing power or the seduction of taking greater power
* Power, experience, wisdom, and the "dying old man" or "the corrupt old person"
When you pair this transit with Jupiter's square to Neptune, things get pretty interesting. This is a Jupiter/Neptune transit delivering a vast and exciting new image, idea, vision, or sweeping change, and yet it is coming in the midst of the undeniable heaviness of a month loaded with hard Capricornian energies. Our bottom line is our foundation right now. The elimination of whatever is unnecessary, as well as getting real with ourselves about what darkness is hiding behind the facade, is happening just as a new dream is presenting itself.
Prayer: Change us, inside and out, so that we might grow into the next phase of our lives, and make the foundation of this next phase a relentless desire to serve you and to serve each other, in love.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.