Happy New Moon!
The Moon is in Gemini today, while Mercury is in Cancer, creating a mutual reception between the two planets.
Here's what to watch for:
* Themes of emotional intelligence, the union or dissonance of the heart and head, the need or desire to bring empathy, compassion, and embodied wisdom into intelligent communication, reporting, writing, teaching, talking, planning, organizing, technology, etc.
* The opportunity for a reorientation of the mind toward the needs of the body, family, heart, community, etc.
* The need to remove unhealthy sounds/words from one's ears or vicinity.
* Recognizing one's needs, as though hearing a voice or request for the first time, though it's been there a long time.
* The symbolic attitude, symbolic mind, symbolic thinking.
* The need or desire to communicate with love and sweetness.
* Being stimulated by friendly, exciting conversations.
* Emotions mistaking themselves for critical thoughts, critical thoughts mistaking themselves for emotions.
* Writing a good letter, receiving a nice message, fluid speech, memory, and exchanges.
* Technology used to enhance emotional connection or quality of life.
* Health/family medicine or science.
* Siblings, exchanges with siblings, etc.
* Nervous/emotional stimulation that can easily lead us into a trance, a lull, or a daydream.
* The essence of what we are saying.
* Forgetfulness and remembrance.
Consider this...the quality of our mind and moods, at any given point in time, is determined in no small part by what we have put into our mind, ears, body, and heart, at some point in the past. Sometimes it's the distant past and sometimes the recent past, but either way, we can always begin to change the future state of our mind and moods by choosing different content to take into our ears, minds, body, and heart. It doesn't usually work right away. It takes time. Just like the light from stars travel so many countless miles even beyond their deaths, so too the vibrations of our thoughts and moods originate from events long ago and far away. But if we have even the slightest sense that all of this is true, if we can hear even the faintest sound of the soul's ancient history living within us, then we cannot lose faith in the importance of what we put into our minds and bodies right now, at this moment, today, and the next, and the next, and the next, until we begin to hear the sounds of the sacred syllables vibrating continuously in the temple of our bodies, upon the altars of our minds.
Prayer: Fill our minds, hearts, and bodies with the sacred sounds of your loving presence. Help us to filter out the static and find your signal, and then teach us to live there.
The Sun/Mercury square to Neptune is fading now, and Mars is applying to the south node of the Moon.
Here's what to watch for:
The lingering qualities of the Sun/Mercury to Neptune square are still in the air...
* Mental agility
* Dispelling illusions or delusions
* Mental or intellectual arrogance
* Fault finding, blaming, or avoidance through daft mental maneuvering
* The desire to surrender the mind, or the inability to do so
* Intuition and insight that comes without trying
* Mental or communicative fog, haze, manipulation, deceit, etc.
* Poison or altered states
* Confusion, letting go, surrendering...clears the confusion
For more see yesterday's video blog where I explored the Mercury/Sun square Neptune transit at length!
Meanwhile, Mars is now within just 1.5 degrees of a conjunction to the south node. Watch for:
* Being taken to task or held accountable, perhaps for past misdeeds, arrogance, carelessness, or issues surrounding insubordination
* Confrontation or chastisement that educates, enlightens..."this hurts me more than it hurts you."
* The desire or temptation to display wisdom in a forceful or competitive manner
* The penalty, be it big or small, is also beautiful if we can stop resisting the correction it offers
Remember that the south node of the Moon generally indicates diminishment, loss, detachment, and decline. Mars, God of War, conjoining this point can easily take false pride, prestige, or power from us right now, or we can take some initiative and lay down our swords in advance. If we can gladly and joyfully accept the correction offered by this transit, we will find that our disappointment or frustration quickly becomes our joy and a new and improved sense of valor. Mars loves valor, but, as Shakespeare once wrote, "Discretion is the better part of valor." This Mars transit reflects a moment of potential maturity for the warrior inside of us.
Prayer: Help us to find the bravest, strongest, and most audacious use of our free will right now, which is always surrendering our will in favor of placing your loving service first in our lives.
Between now and Wednesday morning, Venus is opposing Pluto.
You may notice:
* Whining is at an all-time high and yet being told you are whining by a masochist with a bull-whip doesn't help anything
* You are feeling damp, needy, wet-blankety, and ready to make a bad choice...
* The politeness that comes before the brass knuckles come out
* Relationship meltdowns
* Women's health, women and power, women and corruption
* Sexual or relational healing, or the makeup sex that only masks the deeper issues again
* Feeling controversial...go ahead...say that thing you want to say...or maybe you better not... :)
* Intrigue, gossip, betrayal, manipulation, coercion
* Issues of cleanliness, dirtiness, beauty and ugliness, vanity and modesty...what makes something truly, actually beautiful?
* Sharing that appears vulnerable, kind, or sensitive but is motivated by a subtle selfish desire or intention
* Diplomatic meltdowns, deals breaking
* Dirt exposed, disclosures, scandals and the attempt to smear someone or something
* Attacks against or the general vulnerability of women, children, families, homes, cultural groups (think Venus in Cancer things being challenged by Pluto in Cap things)
* An attempt at peace or diplomacy butting up against the "letter of the law" or the way a rule or principle or technicality might be used to block a good-natured effort to do the right thing
* The transformation of style, aesthetic, or taste...
* The dark/erotic/subterranean energies of Pluto mingling with those of Venus, in general
Prayer: Plant within our hearts the seed of real love. Show us the real intrigue...the drama of an everlasting devotion.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.