Things to watch for:
* Cancer is a feminine, tropical, water sign.
* Cancer is the domicile of the Moon.
* Solar Eclipses are like very powerful versions of a New Moon.
* This Solar Eclipse is with the North Node of the Moon.
Let's put it together:
* A powerful new beginning
* In a feminine sign, this implies that it will take a while to gestate, reach out, and grow. It is more relational, instinctual, and will weave its way into your life slowly over the next 3-6 months, and beyond due to another round of eclipses coming in Cancer and Capricorn this winter.
* In a tropical sign, this new beginning may also represent a significant turning point in a particular area of life, a dramatic shift of plot, more sudden or cathartic due to Cancer's tropical nature (remember, the word "tropos" is related to something turning).
* In a water sign, this eclipse may touch your life in a more vulnerable or emotional manner.
* Water signs are fertile, look to themes of growth and birth.
* The sign of Cancer was originally related to the birth of the cosmos and the descent of spirit into matter.
* With this eclipse taking place in the domicile of the Moon, and the Moon related to the memory of or longing for our divine source, the need or desire for home, family, safety, security, or some connection to the past, or to our cultural or ethnic roots, or to some spiritual sense of home, may be pronounced.
* Look to the whole sign house that contains Cancer in your birth chart to see what topics might be wed to this eclipse!
What NOT to do: with the north node's desirous impulse featured prominently, be careful of making emotionally impulsive decisions. Be careful of doing something that is nostalgic, romantic, and rooted in the ideal of some happily ever after situation. Be careful of thinking that a new home, a new family, more kids, etc., will solve your problems. Be careful of trying to create a feeling of "at-homeness" through big investments that will be very difficult to maintain. Be careful of trying to address insecurities, hopes, and fears through emotionally or spiritually regressive solutions. Be careful of "running back to the past," or of trying to return to an idyllic childhood feeling or situation.
What TO do: ask yourself, what can I do, what can I create, so that more of my soul, more of my true self, is served and nourished. How can I create a house of the holy? How can I create a warm nucleus for my soul? How can I feel more at home inside my heart and mind? How can I make my body a little more of a temple for the in-dwelling spirit?
Remember, the changes we make right now, will flow forth from the way in which we direct our attention. A gentle walk by a river, lake, or ocean, spent in prayer, will go a lot farther in the long run on a day like today than we might imagine!
Prayer: Walk with us in the cool of the evening. Show us to the river of soul. Be the future that we trust, each nurturing step of the way.