* As the Lion Moon is swallowed in darkness today, the dreams that we had of ourselves as something more than we truly are, or something more than we can or should be, is fading, or perhaps being forcibly usurped, by forces larger than we can control or comprehend. Our true size in the scope of something is being realized and the vision of ourselves as Kings or Queens is being replaced by the realization of impermanence. All power in this world is temporary, all events moving away from us just as soon as we try to grasp them, and all gains are eventually forgotten.
* The eclipsing of the King or Queen is the death of the hunger for power, wealth, and immortality. It is the end of a dynasty, the death of an era, and the end of a world, and to the extent that we are lost in the identification with a realm of imagined power, the loss may be the stuff of legends...a dark mass held for a personal myth.
* On the other hand, when the circus has gone and the ringmaster disappeared, and all that is left is the debris of an old dream, we may also find ourselves back in our true place. We may find ourselves wearing the always quieter crown...walking our path once more as a beggar King or wandering Queen.
* In separation there is great love. In every loss, and in every pain or death, there emerges a more acute longing for something that we cannot locate or name in this world. If we can take a moment to feel the beauty of this longing, if we can dare to surrender ourselves at its feet, the great paradox is that it becomes the balm to heal every wound, the answer to every question, and the truest response we've ever received. And when we stand up again, full in heart, all we can say, all we can declare, is "how can I serve this mighty love?" And this is what it means to be a King. This is what it means to be a Queen. This is always what it's meant to be of a royalty unborn and a royalty undying.
* So...may we have spirits of courage. Too heavy are these crowns we wear. Too much is the weight we bear. Teach us to walk with open hands, ready to serve, and with lifted eyes.
* On the other hand, when the Leo Moon is darkened, we may receive eyes to see what exists beyond or behind the pageantry and pride, beyond the demonstration and theater. Equipped with the truth, we may begin to depart or separate ourselves from something, or we may begin the preparations in our life for the start of something more authentic. However, we should be careful that we aren't simply swapping one delusion of grandeur for another.
* Be sure to look at the house Leo rules or at the middle ten degrees of Leo, specifically the 11th degree of Leo in your birth chart. The topics of that house or any closely aspected planets will be very active right now.
* Finally, remember that eclipses of the Moon are especially intense for the body, often for women, the mind or emotions, environments you spend a lot of time in, especially the home and family. So with this in mind, remember to lay low, be mindful of what you put into your body and mind, be mindful of how you communicate and do more listening.
Prayer: Show us our silent crowns and dare us to find our true longing again, glittering in the expanses between such great lovers.