The month of March, 2019, presents a variety of interesting transits...check them out!
What to watch for:
March 1st: Venus squares Uranus, bringing themes of shock, disruption, liberation, and revolution into a tense relationship with the Venusian themes of love, harmony, beauty, and the goddess.
March 6th: A New Moon conjunct Neptune while Mercury is also stationing to turn retrograde in Pisces brings a wave of other-worldly, transrational energy. The Moon cycle ahead will bring themes of imagination, mysticism, transcendence, and unity, along with the potential for deception, illusion, secrecy, fantasy and fanaticism.
March 6th: Uranus also enters Taurus, bringing the planet of emancipation and disruption, originality and defiance, out of the Mars-ruled sign of Aries and into the earthy, feminine, Venus-ruled sign of Taurus. It shouldn't surprise us to see some shock waves in relation to topics like the environment, women, relationships, and sexuality in the weeks to come. We will revisit this one in greater depth again once I'm back from India!
March 14th to the 19th: Mars will make trines to Saturn and Pluto from Taurus. This is an industrious and hard working period. The god of war, Mars, in the earthy/sensual sign of Taurus isn't perfectly comfortable, but with trines to Saturn, god of necessity, and Pluto, god of the underworld, there is an aura of productivity, steadfastness, and relentless will power that should it be put to good ends will deliver good results.
March 20th: the Sun moves into Aries for the Spring Equinox and immediately conjoins Chiron in Aries, just as the Full Moon is appearing in the scales of Libra. This year's equinox announces a moment of greater healing and transformation in relation to leaders, anger, war, violence, and masculinity. It might be said that this zodiacal year is toned by the need for direct healing contact with anger, aggression, willfulness, and the "yang" energies of the world. However, with the Full Moon in Libra, a Venus ruled sign, themes of justice, balance, beauty, and fairness will be equally pronounced.
Between March 24th to the 29th: Mercury will conjoin Neptune, turn direct, and then conjoin Neptune again by direct motion heading into April. This is a long time for Mercury, in its detriment and fall, to go through a conjunction with Neptune. We should anticipate a period of non-ordinary consciousness, synchronicity, and non-linear thinking to be pronounced. However, we should also be on guard against confirmation bias, wishy-washy thinking, a lack of rational discernment, or blurred boundaries.
I am off to India for a while, so I've put up March's overview and horoscopes early this month! See you all again soon!
Check out the Audio Editions of both the Monthly Overview for March
as well as individual Sun/Rising sign horoscopes on my Sound Cloud Page.
Check out the audio edition of today's talk on my SoundCloud Page.
Venus is coming into a conjunction with Saturn in the next few days, just as Mercury is moving into a conjunction with Neptune.
What to watch for:
* Love, age, wisdom, maturity
* When serious, sober, and mature look beautiful
* Pagan, dark, exotic, mysterious, cold and deep
* Commitment in relationships, defining parameters or boundaries
* A moment of finality in relationships and love, a defining moment
* Older women and the beauty of age and time
* Love is hard, love is real, love is sobering
* Lonely and in love
* The crone
* Iron hand in a velvet glove
* Pain and beauty, suffering and elegance
* Solidifying or crystalizing something, admiring one's work
* The mastery of a craft or art, an artful lover
* Attraction to earthy, pagan, alien, or outsider art
* The exclusivity of beautiful people, the exclusive, wealthy, and traditional
* The boundaries or walls that keep something beautiful but also repress or strangle it off
On the other hand, Mercury/Neptune...
* Lost in unreal thoughts
* Romantic reveries
* Whimsical daydreams
* Imagination and altered states
* Transcribing the ineffable
* Secrets and subtle energies
* Flow states
* Deception and intoxication
* Persuasion and mental/emotional manipulation
* The comprehension of vast or complex ideas in sudden, fluid openings of the mind
* The need of the mind to transcend the rational, mundane, or literal
The two sets of planets are also in a sextile with one another, which brings harmony to these combined planetary archetypes. This morning when I cast the I Ching about this complex sextile, I received the 35th hexagram of the I Ching, which is called "aspiration," and it depicts the gathering of forces in order to accomplish something that can't be done alone. The 50th hexagram is called "The Cauldron," and it depicts a beautiful sacrificial cauldron, that is used to honor the gods with sacrifices. The Cauldron is also an image of the venerating of people who manage to bring others together for a common purpose, aiming their minds at something higher.
The potential to build something beautiful, something of enduring, solid, earthly value is therefore pronounced right now. But we can't do it alone. We need the help of others. Venus/Saturn is the bond, the agreement, and the common goal among friends, colleagues or lovers. It is the solidness of the cauldron, and the religious and spiritual legacy it points us toward. Mercury/Neptune is the voice calling us to unite behind the common vision or to find unique ways of getting the work done. It is also the sacrifice and the Mercurial substance within the cauldron.
Prayer: Give us a taste for something higher, and help us find those kindred spirits who crave the same sweetness from you.
As Mars separates from its conjunction to Uranus, NASA announces that the Mars Rover is "dead."
While it's an incredibly literal example of the current planetary transits (Mars = the literal planet and Uranus = a sudden disruption to technical equipment that causes the death of the Mars Rover), it's also a great example of why we shouldn't take the cause and effect of transits too literally.
Here are some things to consider:
* The Mars rover has been "dead" or without communication since last June when Mars and Uranus were in a square with each other and a large dust storm on the planet Mars presumably destroyed or disabled the rover.
* Now, as Mars conjoins Uranus and begins a new cycle, Nasa says that the rover is "dead." They pronounce it dead. But they also say that they will continue to launch more rovers in the years to come, and one spokesperson says, "Rovers resonate with people. It’s as if you were walking on the surface. It has that kind of perspective, and it’s not a particularly alien landscape.”
* Well, we should consider that people like astrology for basically the same reason. The planets are like rovers. Cast a chart asking about whether or not a plane will be delayed and the planets become rovers, showing you the icy weather coming your way. Cast a birth chart, and look at what all the planetary rovers tell you about distant or remote places that you've yet to visit, technically called "your future."
* Just because the future doesn't appear to exist doesn't mean that it isn't already there. It's also "not an alien landscape."
* If the past, the present, and the future, are all part of an ever-present circle that never stops turning, that doesn't have an ultimate beginning or ending, then the planets are like rovers, traveling through the landscapes of too many dimensions to be named, too many times, places, people, and circumstances to be named. They see, and they show, and they speak, and we like that because, then, it's as if we are walking on the surface of the places that we can't see but that we know, know deep down in our heart, and in the far outreaches of our mind, to be "already present."
* With astrology, the world, the cosmos, becomes less alien to us, even as we constantly search, probe, and reach for a feeling of at-homeness.
* Mars/Uranus is the picture of a Mars rover that got blasted by the winds, literally on Mars, but the winds were not literally caused by Mars nor were they caused by Uranus. The etymological roots of the word cause go straight down to the idea of an "origin" or "source." But what can be said about the origin of an eternal circle? What can be said about the starting point of an eternal round? The word "Om" may be the only and finally real rover available to us when it comes to understanding eternal causes or origins.
* But, we like and need our rovers. We need to get around. We need to move through times and cycles and circles.
* Finally, a rover dies. The roots of the word rover include a sea-robber or pirate, a robber, predator, or plunderer, to spoil or plunder. Then, finally in 1970: a remote-controlled surface vehicle. Just when we start to understand the word's true meaning, we also start to distance ourselves from it by making it into a machine.
* But let's not forget. Rovers have been around for a long time. The planets are rovers, and so are we. They rove within us, using us to look out and about, and we use them too for the same basic reason. This has always been our relationship with the gods. When it is a relationship of reciprocation and respect that we share with the gods, when there is healthy differentiation, we find that the cosmos is singing with OM, and all rovers become holy rollers, battery packs glowing by means of the original light.
* The idea that Mars and Uranus "conjoined" and knocked out a robot on Mars, to us, is a message. A spoken word. An utterance. Cause? What cause? We are robber pirates, all of us. We are material rovers, causing madness and looting one another of our essential dignities until we once more hear the sound of our maker. Until we once more start to hum and shake with the primordial cause, hearing it rise once again: AUM...the all seeing Rover whose sole intention is to steal back our hearts and souls from the wasteland of our wanderings.
* As it was spoken in the Gita: Isvarah sarva-bhutanam, hrd-dese rjuna tisthati, bhramayan sarva-bhutani, yantrarudhani mayaya, which means, "The Supreme Lord is situated in everyone's heart, O Arjuna, and is directing the wanderings of all living entities, who are seated as on a machine, made of the material energy."
* On a lighter note, one has to wonder whether to use the conception or birth date for the Mars rover when generating its chart...are robots born in the mind of man or in the hands of man? And, then, what kind of awful transit was that poor Mars rover getting when Mars/Uranus decided to end his life. Was it his karma or the karma of his maker? Don't you go stealing my idea for an amazing sci-fi novel about the karma of robots... :)
Prayer: Rove through our hearts and knock down the false signals broadcasting from so many false towers. Bring us back home to your heavenly planet.
In this second episode of my exploration of the Hermetica, I explore the topics of Prophecy and Initiation.
Check out the audio version here!
Mars is in Aries, about to conjoin Uranus, and Mercury is about to enter Pisces where it will stay for a long time, in its fall and exile, hopping around back and forth a whole bunch with Neptune...
(What the bored astrologer considers writing before creating a very spiritually centered post):
* I'm going to say and do some stupid stuff in the next few days. Everybody is.
* I don't like anyone on social media right now. We're all completely insufferable.
* If anyone tries to pick an online fight or have a debate, we can at least trust that nobody will have the facts right and that stupid people will be gathering very quickly like a flash mob.
* We're about to behave like a two-year-old but our words might resemble a 6-month-old.
* Well, someone's going to get electrocuted.
* Crashes, injuries, sudden violence...and then a frenzy of aimless political spin? Okay, I can't write that, it's too dark and it doesn't really sound like any other day of the week...
* There is a Skid Row concert happening in the sky in the next few days, but they'll be performing on the backs of Star Ponies.
* Every time a mystical moment occurs or synchronicity happens in the next few days the gnarly guitar notes from Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure should ring out in the air...
* People will experience major personal breakthroughs...MAJOR BREAKTHROUGHS...that are. not. real.
Okay, but for real, it's an electric, fiery, unpredictable and erratic meeting between the God of War and the God of Revolution, so watch yer butts. Mercury's change of sign also suggests that we may not be seeing everything clearly, so be discerning and patient in the days ahead. The potential for emotionally impulsive and erratic "activities" is upon us...but so too is the potential for some interesting epiphanies and originality!
Prayer: Well, give us a sense of humor along with the patience, discernment, and courage needed to bear with ourselves.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.