Happy Full Moon in Scorpio! Venus is also conjunct Uranus today. Let's do it!
Here's what to watch for:
* It's an interesting Full Moon. The Moon is in mutual reception with Mars in Cancer, which suggests an important emotional culmination this weekend.
* The potential to sever ties, to cut cords, or to release ourselves from different emotional bonds is pronounced right now with the Moon and Mars both debilitated, in their fall in Scorpio and Cancer. The good news is that their mutual reception by trine should make the process a little smoother, more productive, or generally beneficial, even if there are some difficult emotions involved in the process.
* On the other hand, joining forces, or uniting with someone, or something, complex, dark, heavy, but necessary, is also indicated.
* The combination of the Moon in Scorpio and Mars in Cancer can be seen, for example, in many of the complex antagonist roles played by the famous actor Alan Rickman (who had this combination in his natal chart). While there is a dark mood that sometimes surrounds Rickman's characters (think of Snape in Harry Potter), he is often a secretly sympathetic or nurturing character. For example, "Rolling Stone magazine called Rickman 'sublime at giving us a glimpse at last into the secret nurturing heart that Snape masks with a sneer."
* Similarly, this full Moon in Scorpio/Mars in Cancer, though it may look or feel a little heavy or even dark, has the potential to surprise us with tenderness, with heroic emotional dynamism, or with a drop dose of the poison that cures.
* At the same time, Venus' conjunction with Uranus signals a moment of dramatic change, revolution, independence, or inventiveness for all things related to Venus: love, relationships, beauty, art, aesthetic, style, friendships.
* I wouldn't be surprised for sudden changes, and perhaps even more difficult emotional exchanges in friendships, at work, or in our romantic partnerships to be surprisingly liberating, revealing, or relieving.
* Making strong declarative fashion, aesthetic or artistic statements are on the astrological menu, but it's likely to be filled with some emotional, or even ancestral depth today.
* Imagine for example making some kind of artistic or aesthetic change to your environment, very suddenly, after an argument with your spouse or mother or sibling. FINE! Then ten minutes later, your head has been shaved, your smoking a clove cigarette, wearing military boots, and painting the wall of your bedroom hot pink. It COULD be that kind of day. :)
* Whatever the case might be, let the shock and awe, let the changes, move your soul, and let your soul move the style and shape of your world. Allow yourself to be surprised by some dark mood that might just be here to love or support you.
* If we treat every wave of astrological energy like a friend, like a lover, like a mother...then our egos can become more complex or sophisticated antagonists, filled with a secret nurturing that will slowly start to show itself.
Prayer: Shock us into a deeper friendship with the world. Give us a glimpse of the heart, and the beauty, that we sometimes mask with a sneer.
Mars has just ingressed into the sign of Cancer and already we are seeing many events in the headlines related to the archetypal qualities of the God of War in the house of the Moon...
Here's what to watch for:
* When the God of War visits any sign, we can imagine it as though Mars is a house guest, temporarily having its needs met by the host of whoever's house Mars is visiting.
* As a house guest, Mars will always ask for, need, or even demand those things that are natural to Mars' nature.
* Mars asks for war, violence, blood, explosiveness, anger, wrath, and strife. Always. Mars severs, cuts, and divides.
* However, Mars may also ask for courage, nobility, knightly bravery, assertiveness, and protectiveness.
* Mars has traditionally been related to Martyrs, suffering saints, warriors or soldiers, as wells as thieves, mercenaries, surgeons, butchers, anyone who wields a weapon, and even mathematicians or those who have an incisive/analytical/cutting mental ability.
* Mars is always asking for or demanding or needing these things. When Mars is in its own sign, it's easier for Mars to get these things done, unimpeded by, or without the co-mingling of other planetary influences or archetypes. Mars will be more "yang" in nature when in Aries, and more "yin" in nature when in Scorpio. In these signs, or when Mars is in its own term, face, triplicity, or exaltation, Mars can do Mars with a little greater ease, or strength, or with less blended or mixed results.
* When Mars is in the home of any other planet, it will naturally be served by the archetypal material that is natural to its host.
* So, in the Moon's sign, Mars receives lunar things to satisfy its needs. This is a difficult placement and tends to indicates low points or fortune for Mars. Mars in Cancer is traditionally in its "fall." This often means that there are subjectively difficult events and themes related to Mars when Mars is in Cancer.
* Regardless of the moral implications, try for a moment to go beyond how you might personally feel about the headlines in the past few days. You are entitled to feel however you feel because you are a responsive, free agent. But for the sake of seeing the transcendental field, or the karmic quality of this time, simply observe the way in which Mars is being fed or supplied with his needs by the Moon right now.
* Two major headlines feature the brutal murder of a pregnant mother, from another mother who was jealous and wanted to take the unborn child for herself. And the other headline features the politics of abortion...bans on abortion, conversations about the attempt to overturn Roe v. Wade, and debates swirling around the rights of a woman to make her own decisions or choices regarding her own body, versus those concerned with trying to ensure the right to life for all unborn children. Again, my point is not about who is right or wrong, it's about simply recognizing the quality of the karmic moment.
* A CNN headline tells of a "cheap, brutally efficient grocery chain that is building a cult-like following and reshaping the grocery industry." So, grocery wars...Mars, god of War, in the sign of the Moon, who represents, among other things food and nourishment.
* A headline entitled "Lunchroom Battles at School," and a woman who let a student take lunch without paying, fired.
* These examples are all the low hanging fruit of Mars in Cancer, but there are many other general things that can be said.
* Watch for conflicts in the family, emotional outbursts, injuries or accidents or general strife related to women, children, the innocent or vulnerable, the environment.
* Watch for feeling emotionally provoked. Watch for severing or cutting ties or bonds that are deep, ancestral.
* Watch for challenges related to women, mothers, or women's health.
* Watch for the feeling or need to protect or defend someone that is innocent, vulnerable, etc.
* Watch for emotional assertiveness, a combative mood, or the rage, anger, or empowerment of the mother.
* Watch for danger related to the water, or to athletic events related to water. Wellness and water.
* Be careful of what you feed Mars right now. Know that you are likely to try to feed Mars with Lunar substance. Where is this happening in your chart? What whole sign house? Awareness helps!
* Try to envision or imagine positive or uplifting combinations of Mars and the Moon: a mother bear's protectiveness, emotional inspiration and courage, advocating for those who are innocent or vulnerable.
* Try to envision how this season of time might be seen from the perspective of eternity, from within the context of an intimate relationship with the divine. For example, sometimes we feel dejected, emotionally betrayed or abandoned, jealous, or hurt. Can we imagine that divinity enjoys hearing how we really feel? Can we imagine channeling those emotions into a deeper level of authentic prayer and sharing with the divine? Can we imagine that those feelings are rich and life-giving when we look for our soul, and the soul of our soul, in the mix?
Prayer: Guide us into the womb of your love, where we are always safe to be honest, and where all conflict has its soulful place, a soulful home that is always at rest in you, even as we are churned like the ocean.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.