Mars is square to Uranus today.
Here's what to watch for:
* You are feeling attracted to rebels, innovators, and iconoclasts, or you are considering whether or not you are one yourself.
* You are thinking about originality, bringing something old up to speed
* You are feeling the need to throw off constraints or to break from the normal routine
* You are drawn toward the controversial idea or position
* You are feeling rushes of yang, assertiveness, aggression, competition, or a desire to individuate or separate from the herd
* You are ready to push forward and you don't care for the word "no"
* Tearing, ripping, cutting, severing, or sudden separation
* Unexpected breakthroughs, disruptions, discoveries
* Resisting the way you are being pigeonholed digs you into a deeper hole; you are tempted to lash out
* You are going to say the more forceful truth that you believe in, and you don't care what others think about it
* You are trying hard to simplify but complexities keep coming up...you're getting closer to an outburst of energy
* You are trying to integrate a series of lessons related to anger, frustration, irritation, desire, and limitations
Notice that for as dynamic as this aspect is, it is also predictable. Even the moments that appear to be the most disruptive, erratic, and willful, are, in a sense, a part of the status quo in this material reality. We live in a place where even when we're feeling most defiant and "original," there is still, in a sense, nothing new and nothing so shocking under the Sun. Keeping this in mind we may temper the belief that all of our "yang enthusiasm" is as special and important as it would have us believe.
When we take a simple moment to view our experiences more objectively, which astrology was designed to help us with, we can also try to ask the question, "How may I use this moment to deepen my service to the divine source of which I am a part?" This question then brings us back into a more meaningful or conscious and personal experience of the transit.
Prayer: Shock us back to the question of service. How do I serve you just a little more personally? Become more personal to me.
Mercury is opposite Neptune today.
Here's what to watch for:
* The mind is tranquil, distant, in another world
* The mind is overwhelmed, dreaming of water, preparing for the flood
* I am not my thoughts, I am, thinking
* A message, an important piece of information
* A dream, a symbol, an omen speaking
* A mantra, a sacred syllable
* Mind in a fog, haze, daydream
* Deception, a manipulation of facts
* Distortion of information
* Loss of memory
* Inspired speech
* Fluidity of words, thoughts, and ideas
* Intoxicants, poisons, medicines
* Speaking the truth without necessarily speaking
* Mental or psychic manipulation or coercion
* The power of mental and verbal temperance
* Persuasion and rhetoric, the smoke and mirrors of a good argument
* The detail-oriented mind, what it can and can't accomplish
* Liquid and technology
* Brainwashing vs. brain or mind cleansing
* The need to surrender the intellectual mind
* The need to think carefully before committing to something or someone very powerful or persuasive
Prayer: Let only those words and sounds that speak the truth enter our ears, so that our minds and our hearts might be filled with the eternal vibrations of your love.
In the next twenty-four hours, Venus in Scorpio will oppose Uranus in Taurus. This is happening just prior to Venus turning retrograde next month, which means that we will have two more Venus/Uranus oppositions to come.
Here's what to watch for:
* While Venus represents the harmonization of things that differ from one another, Uranus represents a departure from norms or traditions. While Venus represents beauty, Uranus represents defiance and originality. While Venus represents love, pleasure, and desire, Uranus represents individuality, disruption, and unpredictable or shocking twists of fate or fortune.
* When two planets form an opposition, it indicates the potential for either creative tension, resulting in birth, or polarization, extremes, separation, and the abandonment of one thing for another.
* We are therefore going to be experiencing an extended period of the oppositional tension between these two planets. The first opposition is tomorrow, September 12th, the next is October 31st, this time via Venus' retrograde, and the final opposition will occur on November 30th (this time with Venus in Libra and Uranus in Aries).
* Remember, Venus in Scorpio is traditionally considered to be in her detriment or "exile," and this is due to the challenge that Venus has in being/doing Venusian things while hanging out in Mars' home place. This doesn't mean that synthesis isn't possible, but it isn't likely to come without some effort.
* Here are some of the ways you might see the themes relating to each other
* Ongoing challenges in relationships involving a reluctance to compromise one's individual desires, needs, or appetites.
* Sexual, stylistic, or aesthetic changes that are shocking, defiant, original, and sudden, but perhaps, also, misguided, too fast or impulsive, manipulative, passive-aggressive, vindictive, or rooted in some subtle element of conflict
* The desire to make a statement in a relationship overriding the health of the relationship
* Originality or experimentation at the cost of intimacy
* Sudden or shocking events involving relationships, love, romance, beauty, sexuality, creativity, etc.
* Secrets, longing, betrayal, jealousy, lust, suddenly coming to the surface, perhaps in an act of rebellion or sudden boundary-breaking disregard
* The desire to break free from oppressive emotional situations
* Inventive and original music, art, fashion, perhaps with a dark or exotic twist
* Shocking or subversive news, information, announcements, or even public breakups
* Women, feminism, controversies surrounding women in power
* Women's rights, women's independence
* A time where issues in relationships are coming to the surface and offering a liberation from suffering or troubles...the relationship fight or breakdown that leads to breakthrough
* A revising of one's personal values, struggles with self image, the desire to radically change or alter one's appearance
* Issues surrounding identity politics, changes or transformations of sexual identity, the collective relationship to sexual identity issues, in general
So there are a lot of different possible combinations to explore with these two planets over the next couple of months. Stay tuned for more!
Prayer: Show us the beauty of our eternal nature!
The New Moon in Virgo is just opposite Neptune in Pisces today.
Here's what to watch for:
* Remember that during a New Moon the Moon is invisible behind the Sun, emphasizing a seeding time. Meanwhile, the Sun rules intelligence, and the role of the intelligence in ancient philosophy is to select between things.
* The intelligence selects what it believes to be true and rejects what it believes to be false, just as the Sun divides the day from night.
* However, when we repeatedly select what we believe to be true, establishing our sense of truth in the world, two things may also happen. One, we may miss greater truths or we may miss other truths, or two, we may simply get it wrong. In which case, our destiny creates situations for us, over time, that allows for us to either eliminate falsehoods and come to the truth, or begin to see greater or more truths than what we are currently aware of.
* The intelligence of the Sun also refers to our focus or attention. We each come into this life with a destined sense of direction, focus, or attention, that has been built upon from our past karma. We have a sense of self, or ego, based upon how we organize all of our activities and perceptions into a more or less narrow focus: "this is who I am because this is what I do." But, as the saying goes, "the center cannot hold." And so we are constantly reorganizing, reframing, or redefining our sense of self as our center of activity or focus transforms.
* Destiny also has a way of providing us with opportunities to see what has been left or neglected due to the things we have focused on. Destiny also provides us with opportunities to see that we are more or less than what we have focused on.
* So in this way, our sense of self, our sense of focus, and our sense of truth are always being provided with opportunities to eliminate falsehood and come to the truth, or to see more of the truth than we are currently aware of.
* All of this begs the question, what is the total truth and what or who I am in relation to it? The answer to this question is of course that the total truth is our divine, original source, which is ever new and ever expanding, and we are each eternal souls, part and parcel of that source. Our relationship to the eternal truth is therefore eternal, and ongoing.
* Most of the time our sense of self, our sense of truth, and our sense of direction is based on the idea that this life is all that there is and that the material outcomes of this life are all that matter. In this manner, we may also explore the material universe endlessly, but under the ongoing spell of illusion. When we live in this illusion, we take big transits to the Sun as opportunities to refine or redefine ourselves or our sense of truth or life direction purely in terms of our material ambitions, temporary material designations, or material investments. In a sense, we miss the message. And we're allowed to miss the message because we have free will. So even though destiny is always providing us with opportunities to spiritualize our sense of truth, reality, self, and direction, which is the real use and purpose of our free will, we miss the moment.
* The New Moon opposite Neptune represents an opportunity to see more of the total truth, of which we are each a part.
* The New Moon opposite Neptune represents an opportunity to see what we've missed by focusing our attention in a particular way.
* The New Moon opposite Neptune represents an opportunity to buy into the illusion on an even deeper level, or to see through it and to start over without the same delusion having power over us.
* The New Moon opposite Neptune may cloud our sense of truth, may cloud our attention or focus, or may deceive or entrance us into a set of false ideas about ourselves or reality.
* The New Moon opposite Neptune, on the other hand, suggests that in relation to the total truth, we have only a limited, fragmentary or partial view, and yet from our limited view we may catch some glimpse of eternity. We may find or expand our faith.
* The New Moon opposite Neptune invites us to watch the dissolution, surrender, or depletion of solar figures in our lives: leaders, fathers, egos, etc.
* The New Moon opposite Neptune provides clarity or possibly confusion in relation to our family, our mothers and fathers, our backstory, and our "tribe."
* The New Moon opposite Neptune challenges us to redefine our sense of self, purpose, and truth, by confusing or dissolving falsehoods, deceptions, illusions, or mistaken identities.
Prayer: Show us something of what we have been missing. Free us from our delusions and from selfishness. Remind us of the profound beauty and love of which we are but small parts. Inspire us to serve you and your work in this vast and mysterious Universe.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.