Venus is cazimi today, which means she is exactly conjoined with the Sun, or "at the heart of the Sun." Meanwhile, Venus is also closing in on an opposition to Uranus by Halloween and Mercury is closing in on a conjunction with Jupiter.
Here's what to watch for:
* An empowered woman
* Getting right to the heart of the matter, to the heart of what needs changing, especially in terms of relationships, agreements, friendships, social circles, etc.
* The goddess empowered to speak
* A voice from the past, returning, empowered, issuing a statement, command, order, or encouragement
* A piece of good news, an enlightening communication, conversation, message or announcement
* A new deal, agreement, or purchase
* The wisdom of a teacher or sacred text
* Letting go of someone or something, with clarity, at last
* Changes in relationships that reflect inner changes of attitude
* Aesthetic or artistic innovation or change
* Redoing or remaking something in order to get a different message, idea, or mood across
* A dark message, an attractive messenger, a provocative or attractive communication
* Exaggerated emotional responses
* Shocking or disruptive changes or challenges in relationships
* The need for greater independence or freedom
* A wave of revolutionary activity, perhaps centered around or related to women
* Expanded wisdom and understanding, deep and intelligent oration, teachers and important teachings
* The message we most need to hear or share
It's an interesting day with a rare Venus/Sun cazimi by retrograde. We can take a big step forward today if we pay attention to what the goddess is saying, especially in our relationships and especially related to the emotional subtext of our exchanges. With the Moon about to enter the busy and social sign of Gemini, don't be surprised if the mood of the day becomes much busier, scattered, or communicative as the day wears on. There is a lot to say today, but also a lot for us to hear from others!
Prayer: May we hear your voice in the midst of all that is said and done today. May we learn to listen as you listen.
The Full Moon is coming through this Wednesday. What to expect? This full Moon lands in the sign of Taurus and conjoins Uranus while also opposing the Sun and Venus retrograde in Scorpio.
What to watch for:
* Themes of love, commitment, sacrifice, and freedom. Questions about the "cost" of compromise.
* A healthy exploration of differing values in relationships.
* Questions of stability vs. the need for healthy change.
* Questions of self-reliance vs. dependence.
* The need for greater freedom, sexual or creative independence or experimentation, and the desire to make sudden or provocative aesthetic changes.
* A revolution of personal values, tastes, or appearances.
* The feeling of being a beautiful misfit, as well as the way we build an ego around rejection.
* The idolization of that which we are not, or that which has rejected us, which may come out through anger, hatred, bitterness, rivalry, jealousy, or self-loathing.
* The breaking, amending, or radical revision of agreements, friendships, group policies, and partnerships.
* Issues surrounding gender, sexual identity, and the rights of marginalized groups of people or individuals.
* Artwork that inspires change.
* Artistic or creative or sexual or romantic catharsis.
* The need to change or the desire to change challenged by the impulses to maintain the "beautiful" status quo.
* Attempts to subvert change or save face through actions that merely "appear" appropriate (for example, a PR stunt meant to appear sympathetic or meant to save face or avoid financial loss).
* Women, the goddess, and themes of disruption, innovation, shock, power, and rebellion.
* An electrical Full Moon, erratic emotionality, brilliant but unstable moods and feelings.
* Remember that the Moon represents "the public" or "the people," and so we should be able to see Uranian themes expressing themselves very publicly throughout the course of this week, especially Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. In Venus' sign, with Venus retrograde and opposed, there should be some amazing Venusian/goddess tension and electricity in the air for this one. As always, remember, just because it's raining doesn't mean you have to go outside and roll around in it (though I'm not opposed to splashing in muddy puddles here and there!). We can always ask the question, "What is the message I'm receiving right now? How is the divine communicating with me right now, and what are some simple actions I can take to respond from my heart?" If we ask these questions, sincerely, rather than simply reacting to the Full Moon this week, we will stand to learn and grow far more than if we become passive, inert, or puffed up.
Prayer: Show us the great artwork of your love for us, and inspire within us a change of heart.
Mercury in Scorpio is now moving into a square with Mars in Aquarius, perfecting tomorrow.
Here's what to watch for:
* Increased mental acuity
* Verbal precision and depth
* Argumentation, debate, and criticism
* Verbal swordplay
* The cutting, deconstructive intellect
* Intellectual machismo, pride, or arrogance
* Clarity found through a more precise articulation
* Developing or honing a technical skill
* Chemistry, science, biology, technology
* The truth and the right way to share or speak the truth
* Mental powers
* Strained speech, forceful speech
* Mental exhaustion
* Mental or nervous overstimulation
* Empiricism and the "laws of nature"
* Verbal, emotional, or mental abuse
* Learning challenges or disabilities
* Words that heal, words that harm
* Winning the argument without fighting
* Mental cunning, deceit, manipulation
* Impersonal logic used for personal reasons
* The intellect used as a defense against one's true feelings
On CNN today one of the headlines reads, "There is no God, Hawking says in final book." He also says, "For centuries, it was believed that disabled people like me were living under a curse that was inflicted by God," he adds. "I prefer to think that everything can be explained another way, by the laws of nature."
This is, unfortunately, not a scientific "answer," but rather a personal opinion, coming from an ironically narrow understanding of the history of theology on planet earth, and yet because it is being given by a "credible scientific authority," many people will take Hawkings "final word" as the gospel. Another irony is that for as celebrated as Hawking's mind has been (in many ways literally celebrated as something detached from his body, speaking through a robotic channel) the unconsciousness surrounding Hawking's personal opinions and feelings about God, cloaked in the unexamined dogma of empiricism, just dying to get one last final word in about the negation of God, is a glowing example of how the mind becomes one's worst enemy.
When the mind relies only upon itself, when the mind refuses to see beyond its attempts to circumscribe God with reason, it becomes a black hole, a self fulfilling prophecy, perpetually zeroing itself out by its own unnecessary necessities, collapsing under the weight of its own stubborn futility, finally unable to hear or see anything but itself: a fading conceptual apparatus, just as limited and impermanent as the literal stuff of stars. People with difficult mental karma (and there are plenty of us) rely on the strength or power of the mind and identify with its literalisms above everything else. Dogmatic empiricism, in a sense, is a collective karma that reflects our alienation from each other, from the spirits of nature, and from the mystical cosmos we live in.
The mind as our enemy can't stand the thought that it is limited and that it exists ONLY in relation to eternity. The mind as our enemy can't stand the thought that it is a servant of the soul, not a master.
The mind as our friend sees that truth, science, mental exploration, and intellectual discovery are activities performed in service to the soul. The mind as our friend understands its own limitations and, intelligently, learns to sing, pray, and love. The mind as our friend is discerning but humble. The mind as our friend recognizes that it is just as natural, rhythmic, and changeable as the seasons. The mind as our friend knows that order, meaning, choice, consciousness, and divinity are unquantifiable because they are eternal, without beginning or end. The mind knows that it will someday end, and in this final knowledge, there is peace and surrender, the mind's most honest prayer.
Prayer: Put our minds in service to the soul, and bring our souls into loving union with you. In this way may our minds become houses of your timeless wisdom.
Mercury and Venus in Scorpio are conjoining today, just as the first quarter Moon is ramping up. More to come on the first quarter Moon, tomorrow. Meanwhile...
Here's what to watch for today:
* Depth and sensitivity in relationships
* Depth and sensitivity regarding difficult topics in relationships
* Desires and how they occupy our minds
* Positive and negative images or what we put in our mind and why it matters
* What we allow ourselves to hear or listen to or be persuaded by and what we should not allow in
* Subtle suggestions
* The truth as a defense against rumors, lies, gossip
* Speech and beauty, music and friendship
* The collapse of ideas, the beauty of a dying idea
* Revelation, disclosure, information coming to the surface
* A communication from the past
* Contact with a friend or lover from the past
* Recurring themes around speech, emotion, relationships and the mind...how do we work through them?
* An unavoidably "personal" conversation
* Insights and ideas that push or provoke the limits or status-quo
* Revising ideas, images, or aesthetics
* An unexpected piece of good news
* Those "ongoing" conversations in our relationships and how they eventually transform as we transform together
* Sensitivity training, vulnerability, and the recognition of what words and ideas can do to help or harm one another
* Technology in the service of beauty
* The goddess and the minister or messenger
* Women and the voices, ideas, inventions of women
* The desires, thoughts, and ideas that possess us
* Listening to the "other," really listening
* Technology and art
* Revising an agreement or revisiting vows, commitments, etc.
* New forms of partnering
With the Moon in Capricorn today, the mood is a mixture of practical and conversant, independent and rational but also vulnerable, beautiful, and emotionally charged. The strong presence of the element of water in today's astrology is calling for adherence, joining, or mingling, while the earthy Capricorn Moon will make sure that whatever is brought together right now is in service of "forward progress."
Prayer: May we hear your truth in the midst of our speaking. May we find new ways of speaking our hearts to you.
I've made four videos this week, while I'm out of town,
so check out my YouTube channel,
starting with this new Moon forecast!
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.