As Mercury's combustion with the Sun in Scorpio is intensifying and as we are rapidly approaching the Full Moon, Mars in Libra is also separating from a square to Pluto.
Here's what to watch for:
* The potential for diplomatic, ethical, or philosophical conflicts of values, loyalties and priorities abound.
* Passive aggression, gossip, backstabbing, or pc violence.
* An aggressive concern with justice, truth, or equality.
* Ethical concerns masking personal agendas.
* Vanity and the anger associated with being socially embarrassed.
* Triangulation or trying to play people off one another due to an inability to directly confront someone or something.
* Flipping ethical or philosophical loyalties based on trends or based on the desire to be popular, liked, or successful.
* Being faced with the difficult reality of something that you have been pretending is beautiful, ideal, perfect, etc.
* Cloak and dagger tactics in the name of the good, the beautiful, the true, etc.
* Ruthless comparisons, cloaked jealousy and competition, self-serving do-gooders.
* Aggressive justice-seeking. Intolerance for bullies. Progressivism and advocacy, but also the potential for self-righteousness and arrogance mixed in.
These dynamics are especially strong right now and will be over the next few days heading into the Full Moon in Taurus, thanks to Mars separating from Pluto and the Moon approaching Aries, which will further emphasize the Mars in Libra themes mentioned above.
Now an I Ching Meditation on the upcoming energies of the Full Moon...
* The 43rd hexagram of the I Ching is sometimes called "resolute determination," and it asks a few key questions of us, "What do you stand for? Where is your place? Where do you need to make a clean break or clear proclamation of priorities or feelings?"
* Hexagram 43 is the "say how you feel or shut the hell up" hexagram. It has little tolerance for childish communication dynamics, or a wishy-washy set of priorities, beliefs, or values.
* Hexagram 43 says, "Sure, it might be risky to stand up for something, or to just clearly state and stick to your priorities or decisions, but doing so will also create the breakthrough you're looking for."
* This hexagram is in line with where the current astrological trends are carrying us between now and the end of the month. We are moving toward a moment of critical confrontation and breakthrough.
* Can we imagine that this moment of clarity, this breaking of the dense clouds, may only require an inner shift of perspective? Can we imagine that this proclamation doesn't NEED to shed the metaphorical blood of an opponent? Do others HAVE to be wrong for us to be right?
* Line 3 of Hexagram 43 says "To be powerful in the cheekbones brings misfortune."
* This line means, "don't be too much of a hard-ass." One translation literally reads, "You could be hard, rigidly unresponsive, concentrating on the face you present to others. This would repel relationships and lead to misfortune. Or you could decide like the noble one, who takes as stand as herself without wearing a mask of strength. Such supple authenticity opens the way for real exchange with real people: full, free, enriching and messy. Your dignity may not fully survive. But the rain released from such a mess will again make new things grow."
* Hexagram 17 results from the changing lines in today's first hexagram. It is called "Following."
* Where are we being nudged and guided along? Are we flowing with things or staying rigidly stuck somewhere? If we are growing, then we are being carried by something bigger than ourselves. If we think that by taking some kind of rigid personal stand that we are growing, we are mistaken. Rigidity is close to death, not life. So, how do we make a bold, striking change without doing so from a place of control or rigidity?
* The myth is that everything is always INTENSE and either fully in our control or fully out of our control. The myth is that we need this kind of drama to feel alive, but these extremes are actually the signs of an underlying numbness. They are the signs of a cold or anxious heart.
* The open and healthy heart, on the other hand, even when it has something big to say or do, even when something huge is at stake, is always listening, always open, always fluid, always moving, always open to feel and exchange with others. It is warm, protected, safe, intelligent, and generous at once.
* If we feel that our values, our insights, our opinions, are so important, so valuable, so right, so significant, but we do not have love, then nobody will be truly influenced by anything we have to do or say. Our proclamations, clarifications, bold value claims, will be the stuff of vanity karma...fashion statements presented to nobody that is really listening anyway.
* When BIG changes and clarifications are effortless, on the other hand, then every resistance we meet along the way becomes interesting, beautiful, and engaging.
* Hexagram 17 finally tells us that leaders come from those who have known what it means to follow and serve first.
* When we follow the humble heart, even when taking a stand for something, then we notice that other people follow our example and soon the world begins to reflect a higher order and a higher love.
* Hexagram 17 insists that how we do things matters so much more than what we do. And so, if we are trying to force anything right now, even if it's the "right thing," we will meet with misfortune.
Prayer: Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith. Where there is despair, hope. Where there is darkness, light. And where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console. To be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive. And it's in pardoning that we are pardoned. And it's in the dying that we are born to Eternal Life. Amen. (St. Francis)
Check Out My Monthly Astrograph Horoscope Column.
Click on the Glyph for your Sun/Rising Sign at the Top of the Page!
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.