What to watch for:
* An impulse from the past threatens to derail your progress
* An individual standing alone/against the group
* A challenge to the ego, a challenging ego, egos challenging egos
* A meddlesome personality
* A big announcement, a jeer from the audience
* Circulatory and heart problems, strange nervous symptoms
* The outsider communicates his point of view is shunned for it
* Standing up to bullies
* A bully seeing herself in the mirror
* Self centered communication
* The subject of censorship or what should and shouldn't be spoken or shared
* The desire to break new ground at all costs
* Something from the past says, "It's not time for me to leave just yet"
* Understanding someone's background/history more deeply
* The sacrifice of greatness..shortened years for heightened success...
* Carefully criticizing someone in power
* Sudden success or near miss victories or escapes
* An artist reveals a brand new and possibly controversial style or medium
* A challenge to a traditional way of viewing or seeing something
* The call to be more considerate/aware of others
* Marchers gather outside the palace gates
* A burly biker on a black Harley, wearing a pink dress
* An argument breaks above the noise of a busy restaurant
* A man distributes a pamphlet he wrote himself
* A woman talking to herself in a closet, doesn't realize she's alone
* Someone saying, "fuck it," as they reach for it
* A woman speaking on her cell phone loudly in a quiet library
* A martial arts studio on fire
* Creating a new rule for an old game
* Joining a new group
* Paying for someone's groceries
* A heated debate about welfare over an expensive dinner
* A wealthy white suburbanite wearing a "fuck the police" tshirt
* A fashion statement that's more statement than fashion
* Running loose, "I won't stop"
* "This is about me. I'll do what I want."
* A woman holds her head so high it pops off and floats away
* "Hold up, who said what to who?"
Prayer: may our pride be more than just a statement of opposition or proud invention...may it be a generous color unto itself