* The ride up to the full Moon is going to be toned by the Mercury/Saturn square, along with the Mars/Pluto conjunction. These two transits alongside the waxing Moon both point to dynamic levels of pressure at work, both personally and collectively.
* As Pluto is also turning retrograde right now we are seeing a shift or change in momentum taking place. Normally, Pluto's turns take so long that they aren't nearly as perceptible as this one is likely to be, and that is because just as Pluto is turning retrograde this week it will be triggered by the conjunction with the much faster and exalted Mars in Capricorn.
* For example, the most recent time that Mars conjoined Pluto just as Pluto was turning retrograde, it was March of 2001, and the Taliban had just taken tanks, missiles, and explosives to destroy statues of the Buddha that were carved into the face of a rock in the Bamyan valley of Afghanistan. On the day that Mars and Pluto conjoined the New York Times ran a story about the destruction of the statues, exploring the motivations of the Taliban, who had publicly stated that they decided to destroy the statues in response to the denial of foreign aid for starving children. When the foreign aid was offered only for the restoration of the statues, a cultural heritage project, the Taliban decided to destroy the statues. However, the Taliban did not comment on the fact that there was also an offer to purchase the statues, the money from which could have been used to aid the cause of the children. This event has been considered by scholars and commentators on the "war on terror" to be a critical turning point in the Taliban's history, one that was directly related to an increased level of aggression toward other public monuments or religious/cultural monuments. Mars then went retrograde (as it will do again this summer in the sign of Aquarius), and came back into close proximity with Pluto leading up to the September 11th attacks.
* I don't use this example to raise the alarm. I'm not trying to make any predictions about what will happen, either. But it's a very good example of a recurring planetary pattern and how momentum shifts with Pluto, being triggered by Mars, can show up in the collective.
* Notice how the conjunction of Mars to Pluto showed up as detonation, violence towards sacred things, sacrilegious or taboo topics, and a change of momentum or a turn of plot triggered by intense, cutting, confrontational events?
* Notice how the event reflected a serious and very public turn, an omen, if you will, of things to come? We should watch very carefully as the rest of this moon cycle unfolds. When Mars and Pluto conjoin this week, we may notice that explosive or pivotal events are taking place that reflect a larger plot turn in our lives. This turn will play out very powerfully over the summer months as Mars moves through a long retrograde in close conjunction with the South node and square to Uranus.
* Remember that if you look at the big picture of your life, some events, while big and important in their own right, are really signals of larger/longer changes taking place. It's a very good time to remember the forest for the trees, as Mars/Pluto has a tendency to push our "react/react/react" buttons!
Prayer: Give us faith. Give us trust. Remind us that nothing eternal can be destroyed. Remind us that we are eternal and everything of ultimate value is eternal. Give us the audacious courage needed to accept all of the circumstances of our lives.