Having just left the via combusta, and finishing the first quarter with a series of difficult aspects, it's been a challenging couple of days. We're also in the middle of some of the most intense aspects of the summer season. In particular, today Venus is stationed and about to turn retrograde.
Here's a list of what to watch for:
* Changing hair, makeup, clothing, styles
* Changing image, changing look
* Changing furniture or changes in value/appearance
* Changes related to love, relationships
* Revising or revisiting something related to love, beauty, or appearance that has its roots in the past
* Dealing with self criticism, vanity, or criticism of others related to style, taste, hygiene, or appearance
* A romance or old flame returns from the past
* The relationship between self image and purity of heart/morality
* The deterioration or crumbling of a relationship
* The subjects of purity and intimacy versus lust in sexual relationships
* Craving a simpler way of living, simpler style, simpler appearance, simpler budget plan
* Purging, organizing, cleaning things around the house, the closets and drawers
* The desire to return to an old or vintage time period or aesthetic style
* Antiques, vintage furniture, vintage costumes, makeup, art
* An old form of music or art making a come back
As Venus is stationing in Virgo, the need to reevaluate our values, tastes, relationships, and aesthetic is very strong right now. The stationing phase can represent a kind of crisis moment, where a shift of momentum relative to any of the themes above is taking shape. The retrograde phase is often about the implementation of these changes after the crisis or breakdown of the stationing period.
In the meantime, here's a list of what to watch for from the Moon today:
* An opportunity for two people or two sides of an issue, both in difficult conditions, to flip flop positions, giving each other what the other needs or prefers (Mars trine the Moon in mutual reception)
* A moody/broody emotional outburst or irritable situation involving family, home, mothers, children, women, violence in the home, ancesetry, family patterns (Mars trine Moon)
* An emotionally charged atmosphere (Moon trine Mars)
* A big, dramatic, emotional climax or egoic display (Moon in Scorpio square Jupiter in Leo)
* Killjoys, pride, arrogance, false positivism (Moon in Scorpio square Jupiter in Leo)
Happy Venus retrograde everyone, and have a great Saturday!
Prayer: Goddess of love and beauty...as you begin to move backward, help us hear what you have to say.