Here's what to watch for:
* The Sun in Aries is an exalted Sun. Youthful, charismatic, determined, action-oriented, brave, and potentially reckless, confrontational, or impulsive. Meanwhile, the Sun is being enclosed by the square rays of Saturn and Mars, god of war and warriors, and god of time, old-age, ignorance, but also discipline and commitment.
* The enclosure....
* Checks, restrains or blocks enthusiastic or youthful voices, messages, etc.
* Tries to stifle or contain a wildfire
* Encloses someone or something, likely a figure in charge or an authority, who is trying to hide or deny
* Amplifies the seriousness and commitment of a younger and charismatic voice or a powerful intention
* Provides a call to arms, develops both enthusiasm and commitment together, especially provoking a sense of urgency, pressure, or restraint, along with courage, and action
* Holds excessive enthusiasm in check
* Puts fathers, men, or authority figures into a difficult position, holds accountable those who have abused authority, moved too quickly, or forgotten their responsibilities
* One thing we have to be very careful of in this viral-media day and age is the temptation to persecute our persecutors. There is a subtle "eye for an eye" mentality, rather than a forgiving mentality that we easily assume when anybody in authority or higher power/fame lets us down or crosses a line or falls down in the public eye. For as brave as we are in speaking up or addressing things that need to change in the world, we are also sometimes too quick to air our dirty laundry publicly, too quick to shame and publicly humiliate, and too quick to jump on the public "disgust," gossip, and vitriol train. We sometimes think we are very enlightened people when the truth is that we are still just like villagers of old, gathering to throw tomatoes at someone as they walk through the streets of media punishment or virtual death. None of this is in line with what saints of all different religious traditions have told us about forgiveness, modesty, compassion, and the inherent dignity and equality of the soul. We like to think of ourselves as quite progressive intellectually, politically, and socially, and yet our behavior toward our enemies is often what joins us to and perpetuates a vicious cycle with our enemies. Self-righteousness, in other words, is always in the mode of forgetting that we are all, each and every living being, a child of God, unborn and undying, eternal part and parcels of the highest truth. We sometimes think that in order to fight against a particular enemy, whether it is a person, a practice, a policy, or an idea, that we have to hate our enemies, or that we have to assume a position of angry absolutism. Let us be clear that the only thing that is absolute is God's love, which we participate in reciprocally when we learn to see ourselves and others as eternal beings. If we don't believe that we can fight for the good without hating the bad, then our ideas about good and bad are ultimately the products of endless narcissism.
* Meanwhile, Venus is approaching a conjunction with Uranus, which we will explore in tomorrow's horoscope!
Prayer: Teach us to forgive and pardon so that we may be forgiven and pardoned. Teach us to hold ourselves to a higher standard before we point the finger at others. Bless us with the courage to be compassionate and devoted.