The Sun is enclosed by the malefics, Mars and Saturn, through a square this week.
Here's what to watch for:
* The Sun in Aries is an exalted Sun. Youthful, charismatic, determined, action-oriented, brave, and potentially reckless, confrontational, or impulsive. Meanwhile, the Sun is being enclosed by the square rays of Saturn and Mars, god of war and warriors, and god of time, old-age, ignorance, but also discipline and commitment.
* The enclosure....
* Checks, restrains or blocks enthusiastic or youthful voices, messages, etc.
* Tries to stifle or contain a wildfire
* Encloses someone or something, likely a figure in charge or an authority, who is trying to hide or deny
* Amplifies the seriousness and commitment of a younger and charismatic voice or a powerful intention
* Provides a call to arms, develops both enthusiasm and commitment together, especially provoking a sense of urgency, pressure, or restraint, along with courage, and action
* Holds excessive enthusiasm in check
* Puts fathers, men, or authority figures into a difficult position, holds accountable those who have abused authority, moved too quickly, or forgotten their responsibilities
* One thing we have to be very careful of in this viral-media day and age is the temptation to persecute our persecutors. There is a subtle "eye for an eye" mentality, rather than a forgiving mentality that we easily assume when anybody in authority or higher power/fame lets us down or crosses a line or falls down in the public eye. For as brave as we are in speaking up or addressing things that need to change in the world, we are also sometimes too quick to air our dirty laundry publicly, too quick to shame and publicly humiliate, and too quick to jump on the public "disgust," gossip, and vitriol train. We sometimes think we are very enlightened people when the truth is that we are still just like villagers of old, gathering to throw tomatoes at someone as they walk through the streets of media punishment or virtual death. None of this is in line with what saints of all different religious traditions have told us about forgiveness, modesty, compassion, and the inherent dignity and equality of the soul. We like to think of ourselves as quite progressive intellectually, politically, and socially, and yet our behavior toward our enemies is often what joins us to and perpetuates a vicious cycle with our enemies. Self-righteousness, in other words, is always in the mode of forgetting that we are all, each and every living being, a child of God, unborn and undying, eternal part and parcels of the highest truth. We sometimes think that in order to fight against a particular enemy, whether it is a person, a practice, a policy, or an idea, that we have to hate our enemies, or that we have to assume a position of angry absolutism. Let us be clear that the only thing that is absolute is God's love, which we participate in reciprocally when we learn to see ourselves and others as eternal beings. If we don't believe that we can fight for the good without hating the bad, then our ideas about good and bad are ultimately the products of endless narcissism.
* Meanwhile, Venus is approaching a conjunction with Uranus, which we will explore in tomorrow's horoscope!
Prayer: Teach us to forgive and pardon so that we may be forgiven and pardoned. Teach us to hold ourselves to a higher standard before we point the finger at others. Bless us with the courage to be compassionate and devoted.
Happy Spring Equinox!
Today the Sun crosses over the zero Aries point, and we officially enter the light half of the zodiacal year.
Here is what to watch for:
* The Sun moving across the zero Aries point means the Sun is moving into the place of its exaltation. The Sun is especially powerful in the cardinal fire sign of Spring.
* Exalted planets are like honored or revered guests, or you might think of them like the owner of a business as opposed to the domicile lord who is like the everyday manager of the business.
* Exalted planets may also tend toward a kind of impossible idealism, and they are also associated with high standards, arrogance, and fame or stardom.
* The Sun in Aries is, therefore, an embodiment of executive and privilege and power, initiative and strength, new beginnings, action, and willful idealism. The Sun in Aries wants to mobilize and direct all of its energy toward a singular goal. The Sun in Aries wants the world to conform to its will and desire.
* Remember that fire is associated with purification, cleansing, and purging. Fire heals as it burns away impurities. It's a great time for "Spring Cleaning," closet and drawer clearing, or any kind of physical, mental, and emotional releasing. Whatever we're holding onto right now, the fires of zodiacal Spring offer us an opportunity to simplify and start fresh.
* It's also a good time to renew or double our efforts, spiritually speaking. It's very easy to misapply the Arian qualities by simply chasing after more of our own selfish ambitions. If we can remember that we are spiritual beings, here with a spiritual purpose, then the zero Aries point becomes a moment of remembering and reapplying ourselves to our spiritual mission with renewed enthusiasm and vigor.
* Remember that it's easy to overpower others, and it's easy to get overpowered during Aries season. Steady as she goes!
* As the Sun enters Aries today it will immediately enter into a square with Mars, who is overcoming the Sun. This square thus features both an exalted Sun and an exalted Mars. So we have two very exalted figures squaring off today and tomorrow.
* Watch for...
* The "King" and the "Military" at odds
* The King overcome or overthrown by a Mars figure
* The leader or ego overcome by a hard but true critique
* Faithful stewards whose measures further public welfare
* Truth to power
* Accountability of powerful people or the need for oversight
* The collaboration of powerful forces, actions, and willpower toward a common goal
* A willful or egotistical person, a show of force or power, a misuse of authority, a check on someone or something's power
* Overall, the Mars/Sun square can again be an incredibly useful transit for the advancement of noble or virtuous causes and goals, and it can be especially useful for accelerating or inspiring our spiritual practices or helping us to dovetail other areas of life with our spiritual values, but we also have to be aware of the tendency of these planets to get into puffed up contests of will or pride.
* On a mundane level, we should note that the Sun is about to enter into what is called a besiegement. As it crosses the square to Saturn it will immediately find itself contained on either side by squares to Mars and Saturn, without any other planet intervening. This is the picture of a Solar figure or person stuck between a rock and a hard place. We should not be surprised to see powerful men or powerful leaders being called out, falling down, suffering or struggling.
* As the Sun is often related to the ego or the gravitational center of meaning in our lives, we also should not be surprised to see some significant challenge to our pride or ego or the "central narrative" of our lives over the rest of this week as the Sun finds itself hemmed in between the malefics for a while. These challenges are to some extent destined, and we will only make things worse if we try to fight the inevitable or avoid the humbling experience of this transit.
* When we add to this malefic besiegement of the Sun the fact that Venus is also heading toward a square with Pluto, it's safe to say that gender dynamics, issues with authority figures, and relationship challenges overall are going to figure prominently into this week's storyline.
As ever, we study these transits not to get lost in the dramas and not to amp ourselves up about anything, but to take this heavenly knowledge and its goodness with us into the continued unfolding of life in the material world, so that we may pass through the various seasons of life with a deeper sense of peace, patience, and understanding.
Prayer: Hold us in check, and don't let us forget the source of all power in life. Where there is the need for greater humility, let it be our happiness. Inspire within us the desire to let your will and direction be our greatest treasure.
Venus has just moved out of the enclosure between Mars and Saturn, and now Mercury is cazimi with the Sun. Meanwhile, Jupiter is just a few days away from entering Scorpio.
Here's what to watch for:
* A little technical astrology. Yesterday's brief enclosure for Venus may have been challenging, depending on where it fell in your chart. For example, using annual profections I'm in a first house (house of health) year ruled by Venus. Just as Venus entered the enclosure between Mars and Saturn I came down with a bad sore throat and aches throughout my body, as well as a light fever. Today, just as Venus has passed out of the enclosure I'm already starting to feel better. For those who have planets around the 20-23 degree range of the mutable signs, you may have experienced this brief window of difficulty. Another example, yesterday while traveling I hit a fallen tree branch on the road and will have to buy a new tire for my car. The enclosure also squared a planet in my financial house. This transit may have reflected a difficult little window of circumstances thanks, also, to the dispositer of Venus being combust the Sun.
Today the story changes as Venus has separated from Saturn and Mercury is cazimi. Given whatever happened yesterday you may see an interesting recovery today and tomorrow.
* Symbolically speaking, when Mercury is cazimi it is given the authority or power of the king, the ruler or authority (the Sun). During these brief windows it's common to see Mercury ruled things empowered: writing, communicating, strategizing, administrating, learning, translating, teaching, technical things, design, specialised skills, skill development, etc. Or sometimes it's as though Mercury has the ability to be more persuasive, luckier, or generally more effective. Watch for this today, with Mercury in the sign of the scales, as things may level or balance out in some unexpected ways, or as the sales tip from one extreme to the other, effectively bringing something into power that has been marginalized or left out.
* Whenever Mercury is cazimi I almost always receive an important insight, a unique piece of information or an important communication with someone takes place. But I'm careful to pay attention during these brief windows of time (cazimi lasts not much more than a day) because it's been the best way for me to personally come to see and understand the symbolism of cazimi.
* Last but not least, Jupiter is about to enter Scorpio. Jupiter in Scorpio will emphasize the themes of protection, defense, emotional security, depth, intensity of feeling, emotional catharsis, confrontation, exploration with themes of danger, growth with themes of depth and the unconscious, expansion and the feminine, etc. We will take a full look at Jupiter in Scorpio over the next week!
Prayer: Give us eyes to see the fingerprints of the planets in our day to day lives, so that our minds might be enlightened.
Both the Moon and the Sun are in Venus' sign this weekend as Venus moves into a square with Saturn.
Here's what to watch for:
* Challenges to women and women's health
* Younger women approaching older men
* Intergenerational love affairs
* Ideological conflicts within relationships
* Intergenerational dialogue, debate
* The subject of beliefs and how they spark or dampen the flame of love, romance, friendship, etc.
* Deepening commitment, fear of commitment, betrayal of commitments
* Refining one's lifestyle choices, sacrificing or eliminating unhealthy or unclean patterns
* Abandonment, being abandoned, abandoning others through neglect, preoccupation with one's self, cold-heartedness
* Picking things or people apart
* Separation, divorce, hard or difficult realizations about relationships of all kinds
* Being cornered, trapped, or pursued by someone or something that desires you but also wants to control you (Venus is currently "enclosed" by Mars and Saturn).
* Being put into a situation that is very difficult, where ethics, boundaries, or honesty becomes challenging, or it becomes challenging to hold one's ground, stay rooted in one's sense of truth, one's integrity, one's own views or independent thoughts, etc.
* Struggling to break free from opposing forces, one that is highly impulsive the other too rigid.
* It's also important to note that Venus is in her fall right now, in Mercury's sign, whilst Mercury is badly combust the Sun in libra. This Venus is sandwiched into a difficult situation and may find it difficult to speak, act, or think for herself, since her host Mercury, the mind, is being consumed by the Sun, the picture of a leader, man, judge, husband, elder, father, etc. Or Venus may feel triangulated somehow between two images of herself or two images of a significant other or of relationship in general.
* The important thing to remember is that Venus is seeking union between unlike things, and her pathway is to seek for unity or harmony rather than having to separate, divide, isolate, abandon or betray.
* However, sometimes Venus wants it all, and there are also important moral, spiritual, ethical, and integral decisions to be made right now. What is the truth? What is right? If we compromise these things just for the sake of looking nice or making other people feel nice about something, then we are potentially betraying ourselves, or betraying someone close to us.
The picture of Venus enclosed by the malefics, in her fall, with her host combust the Sun will turn as Venus passes through this gateway and Mercury becomes cazimi. She will become empowered and clear-minded, and soon will return to her rulership in Libra.
Meanwhile, let's also not forget that Jupiter is about to undergo a significant change. Jupiter will enter Scorpio as Jupiter also makes the transformation from evening star to Morningstar over the next few months. We'll look at this in the days ahead!
Prayer: Teach us the fidelity of mind, body, heart, and spirit, so that we might invite only those relationships or unions that support the increase and steady glow of divinity within.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.