Today the Moon will square Pluto and then start applying to a conjunction of Uranus and trine of Venus by late tonight/early tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Pluto has finally turned direct after a long retrograde period that began in the middle of April. Along with Saturn moving direct again, there might be a real feeling of momentum finally returning, or like the eclipse yesterday a process reaching completion or culmination right now. Pluto's movement is so slow, and so long, and the planet isn't visible to the naked eye. This makes his movements all the more dream like...as though far below where we can see, dwelling in the depths of the soul or the unconscious, tectonic plates are constantly shifting...moving things around until at last, in certain key moments, an eruption occurs and we are suddenly aware of what's been happening deep within the everyday events of our lives. Pluto is like this, but we're really lucky if we develop the ability with the outer planets to perceive the meaning of their changes in direction. Like yesterday's eclipse, it takes more than just the word "super" or "blood" to make the meaning of a celestial omen whatever it is. The question, "what does this mean for ME?" is so much more difficult to interpret than the question, "what does this mean astrologically." In the former we have to do the work of relating to spirit for a precise set of instructions or interpretations, in the latter all we have to do is throw out keywords like "transformation," or "energy," and it's as good as done.
So what does it mean that this morning the Moon is about to square Pluto? Not what will it cause to happen, but what does it mean to YOU, or to ME?
When we list potential themes to watch for, we're describing the style of symbolism that is present in the omens of the day, but the hard work is listening to these symbols and then discerning which of them is speaking to you..which is reminding you of the truth that only you know? Which of them is taking you back to your internal guidance, the voice of your conscience, the one that remembers the good list of things to do today, the one that knows who we still have to reach out to, what little things we can do to stay centered, what big things we might need to start in on so that we create those larger changes we wish for...the omens and signs of the sky aren't doing these things for us and they aren't doing things to us that we need to get alarmed about...at least from this astrologer's point of view...they are signs and symbols speaking through a glass darkly about this moment and it's possibilities and truths...about its fate and fortune...about its teaching and about its temptation.
What to watch for:
* A spirit of initiation, completion, finishing projects or conquering tasks (Moon in Aries square Pluto, just after full moon)
* The militant drive, task mastering, powerful expansion, growth, rewards, fast benefits, and small blessings (Mars applying to Jupiter in Virgo)
* The spirit of sacrifice, the pledge, the martyr, sinner, and saint (Mars opposite Neptune)
* The desire for moral or spiritual reform, integrity, wholeness, and the clarification of values and beliefs (Mercury rx in Libra, and square to Pluto, while Jupiter opposes Neptune)
* The impatient outburst, the needy or demanding child, and the impulsive streak sees an undeniable sign or symbol that says "stop, slow down, grow up, change your attitude." (Moon in Aries square Pluto direct in Capricorn)
* The tendency toward moral judgment or conservative extremism in the midst of a time of moral reform..where is the balance, forgiveness, and grace? (Mercury rx in Libra, Mars/Jupiter in Virgo opposite Neptune, Saturn in Sagittarius)
* The return of conservative or traditional ways of thinking, studying, perceiving, and the conquest of strict or focused spiritual teachings, lifestyles, or belief systems (Saturn in Sagittarius)
Prayer: Show us the way, one day at a time, speaking in signs and symbols we understand