Here are some of the extraordinarily complex themes at work during the recent activation of Pluto/Uranus by the transiting planets in Cancer:
* Diplomacy, rage, maturity, and vulnerability trying to work together constructively
* Witch hunts and trials of public opinion/perception
* Facts vs. Narratives
* Distortion of facts and information to suit an agenda
* Use of facts to deny or suppress a real narrative
* Blame and victimization, healthy or not healthy?
* Identity labels of any kind...real and healthy, or an unhealthy illusion? Both?
* Bandwagon issues for the ego's vain glory, or excuses from the ego to avoid joining something bigger?
The combination of these questions and debates in the collective right now is like a minefield on a thoroughfare. You can't walk through it without triggering someone or being triggered. It's not safe, and yet there is no other way but through. Any particular issue, no matter its superficial virtue, can become violent or highly transformative, and any particular virtue, regardless of which side of which issue it falls on, is capable of harming others as well. Withdrawing can become denying, and yet engaging can become dissociative.
But what about personally? Outside of the collective theater, how might these transits be effecting us individually? The answer is that all the same complications might be present in terms of our work, our friendships or relationships, our family, our faith, our health, and our livelihood.
A question we might ask ourselves right now, personally, in any area of our lives is this..."Do I understand why I'm making the choices I'm making? Have I taken the time to understand my reactions or responses to what is happening in any area of my life?"
This morning as I was about to go into prayer a book fell off my shelf: "Black Elk Speaks." I turned open to this quote "randomly": It is from understanding that power comes; and the power in the ceremony was in understanding what it [the ceremony] meant; for nothing can live well except in a manner that is suited to the way the sacred Power of the World lives and moves."
Prayer: Help us to reflect upon our choices and decisions. Help us to slow down and better understand the life we're living, so that we might recognize the way of the sacred power, moving through everything, always.