Here's what to watch for:
* As the late waning Moon moves into a trine with Saturn today we may find ourselves giving something up, cutting something back or trimming something down, or we might find ourselves narrowing an approach or sacrificing something for the greater good
* Similarly, today's astrology might feature the idea of gaining MORE by trimming down or reducing something, or gathering things together that have been discarded or cast aside by others
* Another possibility is that we are focused on how to gain more without draining or taxing others. Put differently, if we're dealing with a feeling of loss or lack of something, then how do we work toward increase without that increase coming at someone else's expense?
* Another possibility given the symbolism of the late waning moon, the Moon trine Saturn, and the element of fire combined, is the idea of gathering forces or rallying troops or refining differences down into unified and focused or disciplined "fronts" -- the element of fire has traditionally been said to "refine" and "unify," and so as the new moon
approaches there might be a reducing down to common threads or themes for the sake of unifying and concentrating power
* While today's Moon/Saturn trine features a cardinal sign and a mutable sign, we might find ourselves starting something new in the midst of an ongoing process. We may also find that today represents a critical moment of evaluation, or a hinge or turning point within an ongoing process.
* The upcoming new Moon in Taurus suggests that soon we will be entering a new month long phase whose intended results are more long term, stable, or lasting (the Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Venus will all be in a fixed sign at the time of the new Moon). However, the month of May also features the dynamic mutable qualities of the intensifying t-square between Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, and Neptune. We might expect to see a kind of push and pull between the temporal qualities of these signs, which might be rather dramatic given the emphasis on security and stability that the sign of the Bull invokes compared to the changeability of the mutable signs.
Prayer: Help us to feel the winnowing winds, a refining fire coming down from the heavens.