Venus has just moved out of the enclosure between Mars and Saturn, and now Mercury is cazimi with the Sun. Meanwhile, Jupiter is just a few days away from entering Scorpio.
Here's what to watch for:
* A little technical astrology. Yesterday's brief enclosure for Venus may have been challenging, depending on where it fell in your chart. For example, using annual profections I'm in a first house (house of health) year ruled by Venus. Just as Venus entered the enclosure between Mars and Saturn I came down with a bad sore throat and aches throughout my body, as well as a light fever. Today, just as Venus has passed out of the enclosure I'm already starting to feel better. For those who have planets around the 20-23 degree range of the mutable signs, you may have experienced this brief window of difficulty. Another example, yesterday while traveling I hit a fallen tree branch on the road and will have to buy a new tire for my car. The enclosure also squared a planet in my financial house. This transit may have reflected a difficult little window of circumstances thanks, also, to the dispositer of Venus being combust the Sun.
Today the story changes as Venus has separated from Saturn and Mercury is cazimi. Given whatever happened yesterday you may see an interesting recovery today and tomorrow.
* Symbolically speaking, when Mercury is cazimi it is given the authority or power of the king, the ruler or authority (the Sun). During these brief windows it's common to see Mercury ruled things empowered: writing, communicating, strategizing, administrating, learning, translating, teaching, technical things, design, specialised skills, skill development, etc. Or sometimes it's as though Mercury has the ability to be more persuasive, luckier, or generally more effective. Watch for this today, with Mercury in the sign of the scales, as things may level or balance out in some unexpected ways, or as the sales tip from one extreme to the other, effectively bringing something into power that has been marginalized or left out.
* Whenever Mercury is cazimi I almost always receive an important insight, a unique piece of information or an important communication with someone takes place. But I'm careful to pay attention during these brief windows of time (cazimi lasts not much more than a day) because it's been the best way for me to personally come to see and understand the symbolism of cazimi.
* Last but not least, Jupiter is about to enter Scorpio. Jupiter in Scorpio will emphasize the themes of protection, defense, emotional security, depth, intensity of feeling, emotional catharsis, confrontation, exploration with themes of danger, growth with themes of depth and the unconscious, expansion and the feminine, etc. We will take a full look at Jupiter in Scorpio over the next week!
Prayer: Give us eyes to see the fingerprints of the planets in our day to day lives, so that our minds might be enlightened.
Both the Moon and the Sun are in Venus' sign this weekend as Venus moves into a square with Saturn.
Here's what to watch for:
* Challenges to women and women's health
* Younger women approaching older men
* Intergenerational love affairs
* Ideological conflicts within relationships
* Intergenerational dialogue, debate
* The subject of beliefs and how they spark or dampen the flame of love, romance, friendship, etc.
* Deepening commitment, fear of commitment, betrayal of commitments
* Refining one's lifestyle choices, sacrificing or eliminating unhealthy or unclean patterns
* Abandonment, being abandoned, abandoning others through neglect, preoccupation with one's self, cold-heartedness
* Picking things or people apart
* Separation, divorce, hard or difficult realizations about relationships of all kinds
* Being cornered, trapped, or pursued by someone or something that desires you but also wants to control you (Venus is currently "enclosed" by Mars and Saturn).
* Being put into a situation that is very difficult, where ethics, boundaries, or honesty becomes challenging, or it becomes challenging to hold one's ground, stay rooted in one's sense of truth, one's integrity, one's own views or independent thoughts, etc.
* Struggling to break free from opposing forces, one that is highly impulsive the other too rigid.
* It's also important to note that Venus is in her fall right now, in Mercury's sign, whilst Mercury is badly combust the Sun in libra. This Venus is sandwiched into a difficult situation and may find it difficult to speak, act, or think for herself, since her host Mercury, the mind, is being consumed by the Sun, the picture of a leader, man, judge, husband, elder, father, etc. Or Venus may feel triangulated somehow between two images of herself or two images of a significant other or of relationship in general.
* The important thing to remember is that Venus is seeking union between unlike things, and her pathway is to seek for unity or harmony rather than having to separate, divide, isolate, abandon or betray.
* However, sometimes Venus wants it all, and there are also important moral, spiritual, ethical, and integral decisions to be made right now. What is the truth? What is right? If we compromise these things just for the sake of looking nice or making other people feel nice about something, then we are potentially betraying ourselves, or betraying someone close to us.
The picture of Venus enclosed by the malefics, in her fall, with her host combust the Sun will turn as Venus passes through this gateway and Mercury becomes cazimi. She will become empowered and clear-minded, and soon will return to her rulership in Libra.
Meanwhile, let's also not forget that Jupiter is about to undergo a significant change. Jupiter will enter Scorpio as Jupiter also makes the transformation from evening star to Morningstar over the next few months. We'll look at this in the days ahead!
Prayer: Teach us the fidelity of mind, body, heart, and spirit, so that we might invite only those relationships or unions that support the increase and steady glow of divinity within.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.