* The 11th hexagram of the I Ching is called "Peace," and it says, "The small departs, the great approaches."
* Hexagram 11 reminds us that by eliminating our willful appetites and ambitions, we align our will with the natural progression of change, and peace arises.
* Hexagram 11 is also an image of all yang pushing up and slowly causing a standstill or period of stagnation to transform. When one's desires are satisfied, there is a period of peace. However, the more we try to identify ourselves with this period of peace, the more we will be disappointed with, hurt, frustrated, or spun back into the same old cycles when peace alternates again to discord, difficulties, standstills, and so forth, all of which are natural to the material world we live in.
* Mars and Jupiter moving into a square reflect a dynamic period of activity, ambition, growth, action, expansion, exaggeration, hope, conquest, and excitement.
* Mars and Jupiter moving into a square reflect a militaristic, brave, and even impulsive desire to move forward, or to seek justice or fairness, or to balance the scales.
* Mars in Cancer is combust right now and will be gradually consumed by the Sun over the month of July before starting a new cycle and being "reborn." Given this symbolism, we might suggest that the current astrology also reflects the need to surrender some of our ambitions and consider instead the hidden gifts of failure and surrender.
* Juxtaposing hexagram 11 with the Mars/Jupiter dynamic, we see an image of yang pushing up to obtain an ideal state, a state of completion, victory, or harmony. But it happens naturally and gradually. Standstills and stagnation don't clear instantly. Let the change happen without becoming willful and pushy, otherwise whatever is achieved will be part of what eventually, and all the more quickly, exhausts us again.
Prayer: Teach us to watch success come and success go. Teach us to live in the ambitionless rivers and the radiant fires of your perfect will.