Today the Moon is in Cancer, just passing an opposition with Saturn and now moving toward a grand water trine with Neptune and Jupiter, and then an opposition with Pluto tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Mars is just finishing its first of a number of squares to Uranus in Taurus.
Here's what to watch for:
* The day begins with the aura of the Moon/Saturn opposition, both in their home signs, in each other's detriments, opposed as ever, reflecting the opposite themes of work or duty and home and hearth, obligation and responsibility vs. caring tenderness, maturity and old age vs youth and immaturity, devotion and emotional validation vs cold, unresponsive, stern or harsh. You may also notice themes of exclusivity, abandonment, harsh or severe vs compassionate instruction, neediness versus the need to grow up and take care of one's self, etc. It's also not uncommon to feel sad, morose, heavy, depressed, as well as guilty, ashamed, or burdened the reality of your own shortcomings. This transit is already lifting, but in case you woke up today with the "feels" for it, now you know! Remember, with knowledge of the transit comes the ability to find healthy detachment and healthy participation...we can "dovetail" all our daily experiences back into our devotional/spiritual life.
* Next, the Moon will be moving into a grand water trine with Neptune and Jupiter today, highlighting a very powerful window of emotionality, intuition, faith, and expansion or growth. On the other hand, we may swiftly find ourselves in over our heads, consumed, or overwhelmed by powerful feelings, tempting us to overreact, or we may also find ourselves flooded with relief, finding our inner sense of truth again after a period of feeling emotionally confused or deluded.
* The grand water trine may also emphasize themes of religion, purity, spiritual bliss, and transcendence. Just be careful because sometimes we take the call to spiritual life, or the thirst for transcendence, and turn it into an opportunity for selfishness or momentary distractions or indulgence. Look for the spiritual signal, guiding you back home to the recognition of yourself as an eternal spiritual being, servant of the whole, rather than chasing a mirage today.
* Finally, with challenging Mars squaring paradigm-breaking Uranus, you may feel like your fists are up and you're ready to fight, to take a stand, or to defy anyone or anything standing in your way. Be careful because the same general rules of life always apply: patience, peace, kindness, tolerance, and the recognition of God within all beings. At the same time, if you are being called to make important changes that help you further your spiritual life, and maybe some bold actions are required, then go for it! We are not here to live with spirits of fear. So we should remove the impediments to our spiritual blossoming without hesitation.
Prayer: Give us spirits of courage, hearts of gold, and never-ending faith.
**Uranus in Taurus, mini/personalized reports are still available. I've extended the deadline to order them, so check out the comments box for more info on how to order one for yourself!**
Jupiter is preparing to trine Neptune again; the last time it did so it was the very beginning of December 2017.
Here are some things that happened, and some things to watch for again this time around:
The recent history...
* Nature magazine published an article recognizing Oumuamua as the first known "interstellar object." This is a significant Jupiter/Neptune theme. Jupiter is expansion, knowledge, and the spirit of discovery and Neptune is the unknown, the mysterious, the "deep space," and the "Interstellar." This article greatly excited the collective imagination and this is well-known Jupiter/Neptune theme: the exploration or discovery of distant worlds, the expansion of the imaginal, etc.
* "On November 22nd, the international court of justice found Ratko Mladic guilty of genocide committed during the Bosnian War, the worst massacre in Europe since World War 2." This is also a significant Jupiter/Neptune theme. Jupiter is justice and Neptune is related to cleansing as well as the attempt to dissolve or eliminate things thought of as unclean or impure. It may not sound like Neptune, but Neptune actually shows up frequently in relation to religious intolerance, or the desire to eradicate all that is "different" in favor of "sameness."
* Similarly, on November 24th, 300 + worshippers were killed by an extremist group at a mosque in Egypt. Similar themes as above (although there were, and always are, multiple planetary influences corresponding to events like these...but we can see Jupiter/Neptune involved here, nonetheless).
* Russia was banned from the 2018 Winter Olympics for state-sponsored doping. Here we see Jupiter (bigness, muscle, expansion) and Neptune (the drug and the chemical, the illlusion of greatness, the deception).
* Then, on December 6th, the US officially recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Here we have a big declaration (Jupiter) about a holy city (Neptune) and pilgrimage site (Jupiter/Neptune), but again the entire issue reflects the complications of religious/ethnic warfare and the desire to absorb differences into a singularity.
* On December 14th, Walt Disney absorbed most of 21st Century Fox, for 66 billion dollars. Here we have the themes of the film (Neptune) and a company greatly expanding (Jupiter) while simultaneously absorbing (Neptune) another large company (Jupiter).
* In the coming weeks we should expect to see similar mutual inflections and influence between these two planets. It will be especially interesting given the Uranus transit on the New Moon!
What to expect personally...
* Jupiter/Neptune trines can expand or renew your faith, wisdom, or commitment to something
* Jupiter/Neptune brings karmic justice
* Jupiter/Neptune is the desire to absorb or make differences into singularities (for better or worse)
* Jupiter/Neptune grows and expands things significantly, but may also overestimate its reach or underestimate the cost involved
* Jupiter/Neptune stimulates the imagination to grow and find or discover new worlds
* Jupiter/Neptune is the spiritual or religious impulse, as well as the desire to visit alternative dimensions of consciousness
* Jupiter/Neptune is the delusion of grandeur and the numbness of oneness
* Jupiter/Neptune forgets diversity
* Jupiter/Neptune may include more or incorporate
* Jupiter/Neptune is a bold, new vision, a statement of faith, a vow,
* Jupiter/Neptune in water signs deepens our emotional connections and inspires our devotion
* Jupiter/Neptune is the mood of compassion and global outreach
Watch the houses ruled by Pisces and Scorpio in your birth chart and see how these themes present themselves in the areas of life associated with those houses!
Prayer: Grow our faith. Grow our love. Show us to the endless valleys of singing and dancing. Hold our hands.
The next week of astrology is pretty nuts. We've got Jupiter moving into a very magical trine with Neptune. Mercury is stationing to turn retrograde in a very close conjunction to Saturn. Mars is going to oppose Uranus. The Full Moon is coming through. Venus is entering Sagittarius and Mars is entering Scorpio. And finally, Saturn is entering Capricorn after several years in Sagittarius. Most of that is happening in the next week!
Here are some big themes to watch for, given all that's happening at once:
* Challenges are coming but they will be met with faith, vigor, and responsiveness
* Significant changes of mind, philosophy, belief, and practice, perhaps due to unforeseen or sudden disruptions or challenges
* Mental AND emotional breakthroughs at once
* The culmination of a philosophical, emotional, and relational crises...something that has been building for a while, and the clouds that finally break around it
* Emotional and intellectual honesty
* The support needed to finally make a breakthrough
* The thing that breaks down is the thing that you're finally not going to try to fix any longer
* While some powerful opportunities open up you are finding that they require more responsibility, organization and mental toughness than ever
* Political and cultural rhetoric is likely going to amplify very powerfully in the next week, and it's also possible that we'll see more public violence/attacks, etc...I wish it wasn't so predictable, but Mars/Pluto and Mars/Uranus have been predictably signifying these kinds of events for years now... :(
* Accidents, injuries, or sudden and unexpected illnesses or other forms of misfortune are accompanied by angelic forms of relief, intervention, and grace or good luck
* Loyalty, oaths, vows, and commitments are challenged, replaced, given up, taken back up, etc.
* Careful speech, thoughtful or mindful communication, measured words, vs too much talking, too strict, too terse, too fierce, overly controlled or rigid, controlling or domineering language, and also the need to speak and listen from the heart
* Technology, infrastructure, how we organize and present things, the use of media and technology in our everyday lives or professional lives and the potential for major revisions or overhauls
* The rug, base, or foundation of something cannot hold...it is the beginning of the end
The end of the year isn't going out quietly, and really this Full Moon time, in general, is going to be facilitating the deeper changes of August's solar eclipse. The basic reason for this is that the next Moon cycle begins on the heels of all of these intense transits, just as Jupiter and Mars will be coming together to square the nodes. Though we said this all of August, it's easy to forget, the changes of a major solar eclipse like the one we experienced take time. They signify major changes and most major changes do not happen overnight. If you're wondering what area of your life might be most impacted by all of these transits, you can always look at their individual house placement in your birth chart, but you can also think more broadly about where the solar eclipse in late Leo landed in your birth chart last August!
Meanwhile, after a big fundraising day, we are closing in on the $15,000 mark, which will ensure that my 300+ daily horoscopes are supported at roughly $50 per day, which breaks down to between $15-$20 per hour. For me, this is a good wage, and once I meet this goal we will shift the focus of our fundraising to our community projects! :) Help me get there! Pick a reading and pitch in!
Prayer: Prepare our hearts to say "yes" to whatever may come. Be our reform. Be our mindful speech. Be where we place our attention, in all things.
A few exciting announcements today, and then the daily horoscope.
My next online astrology immersion course, "Ancient Astrology for Modern Times" begins next Tuesday night. If you'd like to check out a Nightlight class for free, join me tonight for the second of a two-part series on the topic of essential dignities. Just private message me for the login information. We begin at 7:00 pm eastern time.
Next, my annual daily horoscope kickstarter begins shortly. I will be raising money to support the writing of 300+ more daily astrological forecasts in 2018. I hope you will chip in to support me reach my funding goals for another trip round the Sun. Stay tuned!
Now, what to say about today's astro-weather:
* We're just into a New Moon cycle that began in the late degrees of Scorpio, just as Mars squared Pluto.
* Meanwhile, Jupiter is approaching a trine with Neptune, right around the time of the Full Moon.
* This lunar cycle has likely planted the seeds of: a spiritual healing crisis, a forced change, a transformation of circumstance beyond our control, a catharsis, a total reevaluation, a bold new decision, a forced compromise, a confrontation with our own darkness, the beginning of the end of something.
* We say this because the late degrees of every sign generally belong to Mars or Saturn, the malefic planets, whose nature is more about decline, loss, disintegration, or destruction. This late New Moon in Scorpio took place in Mars' sign, just as Mars moved into a square with Pluto. So the "seed" of the new cycle begins with the themes above and will carry over throughout the month ahead.
* Mars' next opposition to Uranus, which will happen right around the Full Moon will bring the seeds that have been planted into clear view, and many of us will begin to see the first fruits of the cycle. We may experience the Mars/Uranus opposition as a breakthrough of sorts, but remember, we are still in the wake of the major solar eclipse of August, which brings major new themes into our lives while also potentially eclipsing us. This is a cycle that has that feeling of the eclipsing...the forced changes or the big decisions.
* The blessing in the midst of these upcoming planetary transits is the fact that Jupiter is making a trine to Neptune, which may come as a blessing in disguise, a renewal of faith, an excitement or deep sense of trust despite the chaos or pain of catharsis.
* Finally, though I didn't include it in today's forecast, Mercury will be stationing and turning retrograde around the full Moon as well, in a conjunction with Saturn, no less! So this is going to be quite a powerful Moon cycle. As we go toward the darkest point of the year, and as we welcome the return of the light, the pivot is going to be quite intense for many of us. But, that's life, especially as we are coming off from such a powerful eclipse season this summer!
Prayer: Prepare our hearts and minds for the changes ahead, and give us the trust and confidence to accept our destiny.
Things that come to your mind when Mars is squaring Pluto but Venus and Jupiter are trine to Neptune:
* I might actually really love this person I also hate right now
* This is awful...and, maybe exactly what I needed?
* Jesus...do. not. mess. with. the. ladies. right. now....RISEEEE UP!
* I'm a horrible human being...god, I'm relieved to know for sure, feels like I can turn over a new leaf now that it's official
* People are really out to get others right now, I might want someone to get me, too? Does that even make sense?
* I have the desire to go nuclear on facebook about something, but maybe I'll just visualize it instead and then eat something ridiculous
* You just wait....you think you've just taken me down (whoever you might be), LIKE OBI WAN YOUVE JUST MADE ME STRONGER FOOL
* Inner voice after seeing latest headlines, "God, you can really just set your astrological clock to these public shootings and sex scandals these days. It would be so much cooler if it didn't keep involving assault rifles and murder, though."
* I actually don't believe that anything is progressing or evolving...it feels good to say it...in fact, it might be the most evolved thing I've thought, like ever....now, should I eat something chocolatey or does this new realization mean I should stop eating sugar?
* We're all feeling so inspired and positive that I think we could have a real throw down and all come out happy about it right now, right?
* Everything good that's happening is totally just setting me up for a sucker punch. Well, at least I'll see it coming. Wait, so astrology can actually help you see a sucker punch? Hmmm. Is it possible to punch back?
* God, I keep almost getting into accidents or shitty situations but then magically getting saved at the last second. I think God definitely plays dice with the universe. God, if you're there, I'm good to cash out whenever.
Prayer: Give us a cosmic sense of humor. Teach us to punch back with laughter, trust, and faith.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.