Before we get into what to watch for, it's important that we take note of the immediate presence of Saturn's retrograde into Scorpio. We've seen a racially motivated mass murder at a church service in the US, as well as the Pope's progressive global statements about climate change (remember that Saturn's entrance into Scorpio began with Hurricane Sandy). These are just two events that stand out in the headlines, but both reflect the very Saturn in Scorpio themes we looked at earlier this week when Saturn entered Scorpio again. It's likely that these themes will step up over the summer months, and so we should prepare ourselves to look inward once more with profound honesty.
In the meantime, here is what to watch for today, a very Leonic day, and a preview of Venus' approaching retrograde in the sign of Leo.
* A bold, strong, stubborn, proud, charismatic voice (Moon in Leo sextile Mercury in Gemini)
* A dramatic, showy personality or a know it all changes his or her mind, over and over (Moon in Leo, sextile Mercury and Mercury square to Neptune)
* Gaining confidence, growing happiness, good fortune, luck, success, victory, achievement, style, glamour, bigness, and dynasty (Moon/Venus/Jupiter in Leo)
* Money, finances, big spending, big purchases, the attraction to things that are out of our means or price range, the subject of living within our means, budgeting, but also having fun, going all out, letting loose, and living large (Venus/Jupiter conjunction in Leo)
* What we're attracted to and what we attract, what we value, our taste, style, and possessions (Venus approaching shadow period and retrograde)
* Fuzzy thinking, illogical logic, vacillating constantly, idealism clouding our judgment, torn between two options, feeling our way through the fog, trusting that something larger than our rational mind is at work in a decision or fork in the road (Mercury square Neptune)
* The sharpness of the mind, the fierceness of words, thoughts, and ideas, the irritability of the intellect, the need for mindfulness in words and speech (Mars/Sun conjunction in Gemini)
* The culmination of the season, the light reaching its peak moment, the feeling of a major turn of momentum or focus...thing finally starting to roll...gain footing, move forward more clearly (Sun reaching summer solstice this weekend)
As we approach the summer solstice and the light of the moon is waxing, we should find that momentum is picking up and we're turning an energetic corner. We will start to feel where things are heading and a clearer picture of the rest of the year will come into focus. Much of this summer will have to do with deeper changes of value or different aesthetic transformations happening in one area of life or another. This will clarify itself as the direction finally starts to clarify itself, so the two will go together.
Prayer: as the path forward becomes clear, a new vision, with a new look and feel, is establishing itself...help me to put each new piece, each new shining object, in its rightful place.