Happy Full Moon and Lunar Eclipse in Leo! It will be bright here in India tonight while it will happen very early in the morning in the US.
* As the Lion Moon is swallowed in darkness today, the dreams that we had of ourselves as something more than we truly are, or something more than we can or should be, is fading, or perhaps being forcibly usurped, by forces larger than we can control or comprehend. Our true size in the scope of something is being realized and the vision of ourselves as Kings or Queens is being replaced by the realization of impermanence. All power in this world is temporary, all events moving away from us just as soon as we try to grasp them, and all gains are eventually forgotten.
* The eclipsing of the King or Queen is the death of the hunger for power, wealth, and immortality. It is the end of a dynasty, the death of an era, and the end of a world, and to the extent that we are lost in the identification with a realm of imagined power, the loss may be the stuff of legends...a dark mass held for a personal myth.
* On the other hand, when the circus has gone and the ringmaster disappeared, and all that is left is the debris of an old dream, we may also find ourselves back in our true place. We may find ourselves wearing the always quieter crown...walking our path once more as a beggar King or wandering Queen.
* In separation there is great love. In every loss, and in every pain or death, there emerges a more acute longing for something that we cannot locate or name in this world. If we can take a moment to feel the beauty of this longing, if we can dare to surrender ourselves at its feet, the great paradox is that it becomes the balm to heal every wound, the answer to every question, and the truest response we've ever received. And when we stand up again, full in heart, all we can say, all we can declare, is "how can I serve this mighty love?" And this is what it means to be a King. This is what it means to be a Queen. This is always what it's meant to be of a royalty unborn and a royalty undying.
* So...may we have spirits of courage. Too heavy are these crowns we wear. Too much is the weight we bear. Teach us to walk with open hands, ready to serve, and with lifted eyes.
* On the other hand, when the Leo Moon is darkened, we may receive eyes to see what exists beyond or behind the pageantry and pride, beyond the demonstration and theater. Equipped with the truth, we may begin to depart or separate ourselves from something, or we may begin the preparations in our life for the start of something more authentic. However, we should be careful that we aren't simply swapping one delusion of grandeur for another.
* Be sure to look at the house Leo rules or at the middle ten degrees of Leo, specifically the 11th degree of Leo in your birth chart. The topics of that house or any closely aspected planets will be very active right now.
* Finally, remember that eclipses of the Moon are especially intense for the body, often for women, the mind or emotions, environments you spend a lot of time in, especially the home and family. So with this in mind, remember to lay low, be mindful of what you put into your body and mind, be mindful of how you communicate and do more listening.
Prayer: Show us our silent crowns and dare us to find our true longing again, glittering in the expanses between such great lovers.
In the upcoming weeks, we will have two eclipses. The first is a lunar eclipse in the sign of Leo, on January 31st, and the second is a solar eclipse in the sign of Aquarius, on February 15th.
Here's what to expect:
* The lunar eclipse on the 31st of this month follows on the heels of the total solar eclipse from last August. Here we are looking at the theme of culmination, closure, transition, or the beginning of the end of something.
* A lunar eclipse in the sign of the Lion brings an opportunity for a process that has been in the works to find completion, especially any process that may involve authority figures, paternal figures, paternal karma, etc.
* A lunar eclipse in the sign of the Lion emphasizes pride, arrogance, and ego and the downfall of the ego.
* A lunar eclipse in the sign of the Lion brings to mind the fall of the dark King or the burial chambers of old Kings from the past.
* A lunar eclipse in the sign of the Lion reaps a dark and golden, summery harvest, even in the depths of winter.
* A lunar eclipse in the sign of the Lion brings to mind the death of false pride or false power and authority.
* A lunar eclipse in the sign of the Lion suggests the end or nearing the end, of a dynasty.
* A lunar eclipse in the sign of the Lion is the weight of a legacy, its memory, and its royal burden.
* A lunar eclipse in the sign of the Lion brings to mind an archaic image...the betrayal of a King.
* Then, on February 15th, we have a solar eclipse with Mercury in the sign of Aquarius.
* A door is opening...a humane, intelligent, and communicative new beginning.
* The solar eclipse suggests a new beginning that starts with an announcement, a discovery, an invention, or a new way of communicating.
* The solar eclipse with Mercury suggests a new path of learning or inquiry.
* The solar eclipse with Mercury in the sign of the water-bearer suggests advocating for something that is highly intelligent but possibly marginalized, outcast, or outside the status-quo.
* The solar eclipse with Mercury in the sign of the water-bearer brings to mind the ancient marriage between mysticism and "science."
* The solar eclipse with Hermes in the sign of the water-bearer brings to mind a new way of communicating, using technology, or organizing something.
* The solar eclipse with Hermes in the sign of the water-bearer suggests the arrival of a messenger, as if from on high.
* If you have knowledge of your birth chart, check the Aquarius/Leo whole sign houses or the 11th degree of Leo to the 15th degree of Leo and the 25th to 27th degrees of Aquarius. Take note of the topics of both houses right now, as well as the tensions between them (for example 10th and 4th house as work/family or public/private distinctions, or 1/7 as self/other).
* If you don't have knowledge of your birth chart, then check astrograph.comtoward the end of the month for my monthly Sun-sign horoscopes, which may at the very least give you some idea of how the eclipses are moving through your solar chart.
* Look back to January 2008 to July of 2009 for the last time we had eclipses forming in Aquarius/Leo. And look back to September 1998 to April of 2000 for the last time the north node was in Leo and the south node in Aquarius. We are completing a nodal cycle right now that began between 1998 and 2000. The halfway point of which was the January 2008 to July of 2009 period.
Prayer: Eclipse all in our lives that does not bear the conscious reflection of your love. Hold us up to the light, so that we may see by means of the light, in us and through us and all things.
Happy Lunar Eclipse Day Everyone!
Top reasons to be excited about the astrology right now...
* Change is constant, but we forget this and we tend to live our lives as though our ideas, our beliefs, our relationships, our talents and abilities, are capable of lasting forever...the truth is that with Mars coming through and igniting Pluto/Jupiter and Uranus in the weeks ahead we are about to be reminded, powerfully reminded, that change occurs everywhere, running through everything, and however destabilizing this might be, its blessing is that it awakens us to the flow of energy and life all around us....it reminds us that we are part of the flow of life and that we are being lived by powers of life that both animate and destroy every last thing that we believe ourselves to be or that we believe reality to be..rather than curse this, we can say yes to it and trust beyond rationality that this change is necessary....not necessary because of an end goal we need to figure out or will eventually reach, but necessary simply by virtue of it happening at all....
* Practically speaking, this is a fantastic time to allow our power or authority to be checked and balanced by others...to come into a much deeper understanding of our responsibility as we recognize more fully the diversity surrounding us. A powerful person is one whose direction of energy incorporates and empowers the passions, talents, and experiences of others. A powerful person is one who trusts others authority and others inner resources and vision. A powerful person is one whose power stems from their total confidence in the abdication of their power. A powerful person recognizes the effectiveness of other people's power AS a function of their power too. A powerful person is one who recognizes that all power is in some ways impersonal...they recognize that great character and tremendous personality emerge like a strange flower in garden that absolutely does not belong to them.
* This is a day to watch as circumstances change, as doors close, and as portholes to new ways of being present themselves all around us. Which one will we step through today? Where do we place our hopes and which particular fear will we start to recognize as nothing more than a joyous invitation to the inevitable?
* This is a good time to remember that we live on a planet where each day we perceive two equally sized lights in the sky, despite the fact that they are radically different distances away from us. These two lights predictably eclipse one another. If we think about this long enough, with open hearts, these basic symbols tell us everything we need to know.
So hey guys....let's kick the shit out of this eclipse day. Or let's welcome it slamming us on the nose or whatever else it wants to do. Let's dare to say, "more please," as though all this craziness is one big, never ending "yes." Why not?! Once in a while, why the hell not?!
Prayer: Eclipse us!!!! Woohoo!!!!
We are now in the orb of the full moon and lunar eclipse.
What to watch for:
* Ivanka Trump's clothing, half off, brought to you by her not at all disinterested father! :-) HAH! Jk. bad joke.
* The Moon will make a trine to Mars this afternoon, effectively bringing Venus and Mars together as the lunar eclipse move into town. Here is an attempt to get two things together that perhaps shouldn't be put together...or perhaps otherwise wouldn't be able to get together.
* The fading opposition from the Moon to Mercury may be something like unsolicited advice, or the intervention of someone carrying a vital piece of information, someone revealing the bottom line, or someone abusing or misusing their position in order to influence a situation to their preferred outcome despite the harm it may do to others.
* The eclipse pits the water pourer against the lion, with shadow falling over the Moon in the lion. Sitting with these images in prayer and meditation gives us something special...
* Lunar eclipses often bring about significant changes of circumstance that alter the plans, visions, and goals we are working toward or intending...as the Moon is a planet related to the wheel of fortune, lunar eclipses often bring significant changes of fortune, and with the sign of the Lion being eclipsed we might see changes of circumstance related to Kings, leaders, rulers, authority figures, pillars of wisdom or knowledge, higher principles or ideals, or our sense of purpose and destiny in general.
Events that happen under eclipses might best be described as "fated," and so it's important to acknowledge in this particular eclipse where we do and do not hold power...or where our personal power and control of a situation begins and ends.
Stay tuned for more tomorrow!
Prayer: Show us where our control and power begins and ends.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.