Meanwhile Mars is conjoining with Uranus in Aries as both simultaneously trine Jupiter in Leo and square Pluto in Capricorn.
Let’s do some explaining of these aspects and then look at a list of possible effects…
First off, whenever a faster moving planet conjoins Uranus we should expect the unexpected with regard to the qualities of the planet. For example, Mars is a planet of aggression, ambition, willfulness, muscularity, competition, and violence. What happens when these patterns of Mars take on the Uranian qualities of sudden shocks and disruptions, unexpected surges and emancipatory blasts of energy? Add to this the qualities of the south node of the moon, Pluto and Jupiter in the mix: the karmic past meets bigness, exaggeration, pride, victory, optimism, and cockiness, as well as depth, the mysteries of the unconscious, raw destructive force, regenerative power, and repressed or suppressed “stuff” potentially exploding to the surface. Sounds like a lot, right? But then we have to remember, even though this is an incredibly dynamic aspect pattern, it effects each person differently, some more dramatically than others. Sometimes aspects are felt more internally, psychologically, or even unconsciously, while for others the events are more external or even historical (being part of something very big happening in the collective that reflects the planetary patterns).
This is why knowing your birth chart can be so helpful when it comes to understanding in what areas of life we are each being effected.
For now, here’s a list of how the transits might be showing up:
* The past is calling to us…is the way forward somehow the way back?
* The desire for freedom or a new beginning is strong, possibly overpowering
* A sudden impulse leads to bumping your head, stubbing your toe, getting into a fender bender…surprise hiccups that say “wake up!”
* The exciting discovery of something deeply valuable that’s been hidden from plain sight (wills, legacies, inheritance)
* A stroke of good luck or unexpected success (winning something, a windfall, business suddenly booming)
* An old pattern is finally recognizable…its finally time to move past it..we finally see how strong its hold has been in our lives
* An inventive idea with a plan of action surfaces quickly
* Quirky health problems appearing out of the blue
* The dark side of our strategies are exposed…suddenly our ambitions look or feel fraudulent
* We want to move forward, but something keeps blocking us…what is it?
* Growing pains/labor injuries
* Impatience and impulse as major themes in relationships
* Ignorance or willful denial of the truth..playing it safe, keeping things superficial
* Forcing an issue without regard for others
* Selfishness as a major theme in relationships, the “unconscious” self centered person
It’s not that all of these themes will be happening for each person. Sometimes it’s only one theme taking center stage. We have to do a little reflecting to identify the planetary energies in our lives. From there the deeper question is always, “What is being asked of me? What are these patterns showing me about myself or my life? What gifts are being offered and what offerings are being asked for?”
Add into all of this that we have a Scorpio moon making some intense aspects today, and we’ve got a pretty gnarly looking sky right now. smile emoticon
My agenda for the day: take it slow and get more spring cleaning projects going…I’m going to utilize this energy for purging, sorting, and cleansing.
Prayer: Help us learn to feel the planetary patterns in our every day lives, and then help us to see both what they’re giving us and what they’re asking for.
Image by courtesy of torbakhopper, at creative commons image licensing