Late tonight, early tomorrow morning, the Full Moon is in Taurus. Meanwhile, Venus is opposing Uranus today.
Here's what to watch for:
* This full Moon is brought to you by Mars and Venus. The Sun is in Mars' sign and the Moon in Venus' sign. Meanwhile, Venus is in her own sign moving through an opposition with Uranus in Mars' sign. So the simplest message is this: watch for the tension between Mars and Venus today and over the weekend.
* The tension between Mars and Venus can be creative. Traditionally, planetary oppositions were thought of as relationships that reflected irreconcilable opposites. The opposites could be thought of as either tensing up or relaxing, depending on how planetary opposites were configured with each other. The tension and relaxation were thought to be generative in nature. They weren't to be "balanced," as much as they were productive of new creations, new beings, new things, or new events.
* So sometimes in my horoscopes I will write, "watch for the tension between Mars and Venus" and people will say, "sounds kind of heavy, what about Mars and Venus in harmony or balance?" Well, no, because which planet favors harmony and balance? Venus! So no, I'm sorry, but we can't make an oppositional quality between Mars and Venus all about Venus' preference here (even if it sounds really lovely!). At the same time, "tension," isn't the same as hostility or aggression, which would favor mars. Tension is just that, it's tension. Creative tension, sexual tension, anxious tension, it's all different kinds of tension between the two planetary archetypes. What are the planetary archetypes of Mars and Venus? In the simplest terms, Mars is division, conflict, strife, competition, and separation, whereas Venus is harmony, friendship, beauty, grace, and unity.
* Each planet also has its own virtues and vices. For example, Mars' might be violent, but Venus can be superficial and vain.
* Venus opposite Uranus has a lot to do with candor. Let's say you have something really provocative to do or say or announce or propose. Venus will tell you to do it the right way, through the appropriate channels, and Uranus will tell you to just do it your own damn way, regardless of appearances.
* Venus in Libra reflects something beautiful, friendly, and harmonious, and Uranus in Aries reflects something individualistic, aggressive, defiant, and forceful.
* Venus in Libra represents the acceptable, the socially pleasing, and Uranus in Aries represents the necessary changes that may disturb the social order.
* Venus is the goddess, Uranus in Aries is the disruption or the forceful challenge to the Goddess.
* Venus is the peace agreement, the negotiation, the deal, the accord, and Uranus is what is revolutionary, progressive, defiant, technologically advanced, impatient, and demanding.
* The Taurus Full Moon prefers something beautiful, full, solid, sensual, light, reliable, and rich. The Scorpio Sun prefers something deep, driving, penetrating, authentic, beyond appearances, invisible or dark.
Prayer: May whatever tension we're experiencing be put into the loving service of the divine.