Mars has finally turned direct after spending most of the Summer retrograde, and it is doing so right as the Moon moves into Aries, one of the two home temples of Mars.
Here's what to watch for:
* The feeling of having turned a corner
* Ready to march forward
* Ready to go
* I've got a plan
* I'm finally ready to implement that idea
* Give me the to-do list, I'm going to kick its butt
* Competitive juices are no longer crazy and frustrated
* A period of delay or frustration winding down
* Will, volition, power, anger, and aggression have all leveled up, and you are feeling more mature, less reactive, and ready to meet new challenges in your Mars 7.0 software
* The need to be productive
* Overestimating the importance of one's work
* Getting back to work
* What was lost is being regained
* Putting someone or something to work, being put to work
* What you want or desire has changed, evolved, matured
* You are ready to "Bite through," speak up, or accept responsibility for yourself or your actions at a higher level
Remember that Mars will soon enter Aquarius and then square Uranus again by September 18th. So the implementation of many of the lessons learned during this recent Mars retrograde period will take a while to play out. Look specifically at the houses of Capricorn and Aquarius to see where Mars has been transiting to find where your lessons and personal work has been most present, and then remember that there is some good integration to come!
Prayer: Give us the strength to accept, integrate, and implement the lessons you have given us so that our will is but an instrument of your loving work.
The Moon is in Taurus today, applying to an opposition with Mars in Scorpio. Meanwhile, Mars is direct today!
Here's what to watch for and then an I Ching reading for today's astrology:
* Reversals of circumstance or changes of mind and heart may bring up challenges or opposition within relationships, work places, and families.
* The shedding or eliminating or rejecting of something (Moon opposite Mars just turned direct)
* The disruption to the status quo, or a rain on the parade (Moon in Taurus opposite Mars just turned direct)
* The body, health, purification, elimination, resistance to change
* Leaving a conflict behind and starting something new
* Invasive actions that may offend or upend something older, more conservative, stable, etc
* The restoration of confidence, vitality, and vigor
* Learning to live within a situation in which we don't have as much power as we would like...having to make strategic decisions in order to keep the peace
* The subject of women, violence, women's health (Moon/Mars opposition)
Just as Mars turns direct, the late waning Moon is opposing Mars from her exaltation in Taurus. This is a fast moving transit, but it's worth considering. This morning I threw the I Ching for this transit and the sequence came back: a loveless marriage changing into critical mass.
Briefly, the story of this sequence shows a person stuck in a subordinate or compromised position. One line says "this is a marriage of convenience at best." The changing line shows someone entering into a situation that is FAR too compromising of their integrity (an even worse compromise than the original hexagram), but nonetheless the situation provides some kind of basic shelter that is needed. The second hexagram shows a ridgepole sagging under too much weight. It's about to break and the advice is to undertake changes to alleviate the burden.
A simple translation: we may currently find ourselves in necessary but compromised positions...however they are untenable and it's going to be necessary to do something in order to alleviate the pressure that is building up. A change is in the works, and now that Mars is direct we should be feeling the pressure to make certain changes sooner than later!
Prayer: Help us know how, when, and where to remove ourselves from untenable positions.
Happy Mars Direct day everyone! In the next 24 hours Mars will begin to move forward again through the zoidac. Meanwhile the Moon has entered her exaltation in Taurus. Woohoo!
Here's what to watch for:
* What has been severed or taken apart may start to come together again
* A revision or deconstruction process is nearing completion, or nearing an important turning point
* What has been blocked, stuck stubborn, and willfully defiant will now start to turn around
* A conflict from the past starts to resolve itself
* Something is ready for implementation
* Frustration and irritation is lessening
* "No" might be turning into a "yes" or a lack of motivation is turning into renewed interest and enthusiasm
* Something that was broken down is being built back up
* A renewed sense of purpose, meaning, or mission
* Beginning to dig ourselves out of a hole we recently dug for ourselves
* Feeling recharged, reborn, and raring to go!
* Beating an end level boss
* Regression ready to turn into progression again
Meanwhile, the Taurus Moon brings a moon/venus atmosphere into the mix today and tomorrow, which is like an olive branch in the midst of the Mars turnabout. Eventually the Moon will oppose Mars, but for today the Moon is applying to sextiles with the Sun and Venus. Because the Moon will be in a mutual reception with the Moon and Venus it's a great day for compromises, sweetness, and beneficial exchanges that coincide with the Mars direct conditions above.
Prayer: Unify what has been divided, heal and join together that which has been cut apart, and renew within us the health of our purpose and passion in life.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.