The Moon enters Leo today...
Here's what to watch for:
* Nothing but trines and sextiles from the Moon to Venus, Jupiter, Uranus, and Saturn for the next two days. It's a good time to take the noble path, to take the lead with dignity, and to move toward friendly resolution wherever an opportunity presents itself. The Moon's trine to Venus retrograde might bring up opportunities to mend a wound from the past, or to revise or reconsider something important. The trines to Jupiter, Uranus, and Saturn should bring confidence, innovation, and focus.
* With the Moon in the Sun's sign the next few days it's important to watch out for Mercury related issues. Mercury is combust again after being cazimi, and in the sign of its depression. Be careful that you have all the details correct, that you're communicating and thinking and planning carefully, that you take delays or setbacks in stride, and that you take time to read between the lines.
* Mercury under the beams of the Sun, in Pisces, also has an enigmatic way of leading us in the direction we need to go, one mistake or confusion at a time. The roundabout path isn't always the wrong path. Mercury in Pisces is a guide helping us navigate a minefield we're note even aware that we're walking through.
* Mars is about to enter the fixed earth sign of Taurus. Watch for issues related to the environment to possibly take a step up in the news over the next month or so. Remember that Uranus will enter Taurus next spring and begin a seven year stay in a sign that has deep ecological and agricultural symbolism. The political narrative in the next seven years is likely going to pivot toward the planet, toward issues related to environmental practices or technologies, and towards breakthroughs and paradigm shifts with regard to the environment. For example, the last time that Uranus was in Taurus it was the Dust Bowl era, a time period linked with powerful droughts and dust storms that were related to improper dryland farming techniques. More on this in a future post!
* Jupiter/Uranus/Pluto is still in full effect and though Jupiter and Uranus are separating, Jupiter is immediately applying back to the exact square with Pluto, which should bring up powerful themes related to justice, corruption in relationship to rules and codes, fairness, the courts, law, due process, checks and balances, and so forth. Pluto will add the depth, power, darkness, and death and rebirth themes, though there is also the feeling of an impending "judgment day," to this transit.
Prayer: Judge us fairly. Protect us from abuses of authority and power. Protect us from manipulations of the law.
The Moon is moving into a trine with the Sun and Mercury and then into an opposition with Pluto and square with Uranus and Jupiter.
Here's what to watch for:
* The Moon/Sun trine today indicates success, growth, and progress. Not everything that grows is "good," of course, but it's a day where efforts find allies, where doors may open, and where a general feeling of progress and development is in the air. This happens because the Moon is building in light and because it's connecting harmoniously with the Sun AS the light is growing.
* Mercury will shortly be separating from its exact conjunction with the Sun and once again we may find Mercury related subjects suffering. It's easy to forget the small things right now, to get lost in the fog, or to be deceived or fudge the facts. In the next few weeks, just after the Spring Equinox, Mercury will appear as the evening star again, and in the sign of Aries, which should herald a significant change for all things related to Mercury. Where there is currently confusion and a lack of clarity, there will once again be a sense of direction.
* Interestingly enough, just as Mercury is appearing as the evening star, Venus will be combust the Sun and her retrograde journey will reach a stage of acute tension and dynamism. We'll keep our eye on this!
* In just a few days Mars will enter Tarus, Venus' sign, with Venus in Aries, Mars' sign. This mutual reception by detriment may serve to bring unlikely allies together for the purpose of a single cause, or it may even unite enemies for a period of time. We may also see interesting role reversals in relationships, where the dominant partner becomes more submissive or yielding and vice versa. We'll also keep our eyes on this transit in the weeks to come.
* Jupiter/Uranus and Pluto are still very tightly engaged in a t-square right now. Turn on the news or read a facebook feed and see! :-) This dynamic will be intensified once again as Jupiter's retrograde takes it into an exact square with Pluto by the end of the month.
* Venus' retrograde through Aries continues right now, bringing an important period of change, introspection, and revisions or visitations from the past. It's worth mentioning that Venus isn't making any aspects to any other planets during her retrograde save a conjunction with Mercury around March 18th. It's likely that around that time we will see more of Venus' retrograde symbolism appearing thanks to the translating and message carrying of Mercury.
Prayer: Help our hearts to welcome these rising tides.
The Moon is in Libra today, and quickly applying to pass over the eclipse points from last month. It's a big day of momentum building and transition as we approach the full moon this weekend. Mercury is about to enter its home sign of Gemini where it will quickly enter the shadow phase of its upcoming retrograde.
What to watch for:
* Suddenly the mind feels ready to get moving again (Mercury entering Gemini)
* The slow mind begins multi-tasking (Mercury entering Gemini)
* A sudden curiosity or fascination with new subjects, people, or ideas (Mercury entering Gemini with Venus in Gemini)
* The attraction to words and language (Venus in Gemini)
* Building bonds of affection (Moon in Libra/Venus in Gemini)
* An attraction to wealth/class/status/sophistication/image (Moon in Libra)
* Intelligence is sexy (Moon in Libra/Mercury and Venus in Gemini)
* Moving aggressively still isn't working quite right but we've learned a lot by having to slow down (Mars in Taurus)
* Committing ourselves to a spiritual, academic, or philosophical path of study (Saturn retrograde in Sagittarius)
* Returning to something we've learned or believed in the past (Saturn retrograde in Sagittarius)
* The slow and steady building back up of confidence, trust, faith, and hope for the future and love of ourselves (Jupiter finally picking up speed direct again in Leo)
* The way words can hurt and the way words can heal (Venus in Gemini square to Chiron in Pisces)
* Gossip..a poison (Venus in Gemini square Chiron in Pisces)
* Reaping what we've sown (Moon in Libra)
* An aura of productivity (Sun entering the second decan of Taurus)
* Forced to consider something at a much deeper level than we anticipated, quicker than we anticipated (Pluto retrograde and heavy/slow/not moving much)
* Pride/ego/productivity/luck/desire/success/cravings/status/stature (Sun in Taurus squaring Jupiter in Leo)
As the Moon is covering the eclipse points from last month, the ramifications of the last cycle might be coming into clear view for the first time. Steps of clarity are part of the process of transition. As we approach Mercury retrograde again the transition will go through a good 3-5 more weeks of clarifying itself. In the meantime much is still falling out and shifting from the last Pluto/Uranus square and last months eclipses. It's hard to be precise about what's happening right now because we're still seeing after shocks from the big astrology of the past month or two, but we're also in the midst of a very bustling time of multiple transitions where nothing is moving super quickly or directly.
For example, Pluto is retrograde, Neptune is slowing down to station, Uranus is still moving along, but Saturn is retrograde, and Jupiter is still slow (but finally picking up speed). Meanwhile three inner planets are plodding along through Taurus and otherwise Venus is in Gemini. All of this, and YET we're coming off two eclipse cycles that engaged the last exact square of the Pluto/Uranus square.
Aftershocks and otherwise slow/steady or transitional types of energy.
Prayer: Transitions take time, and aftershocks are a normal part of the process
The Moon is in Cancer today, applying to trine Neptune as it squares the nodal axis later this afternoon. Then it will move into the Pluto/Uranus square by opposing Pluto and squaring Uranus. A busy day of aspects.
What to watch for:
* Contentious discussions about values, plans, resources, goals, finances, and the future (Mars/Mercury conj in Taurus)
* Inflamed or aggressive communication dynamics (Mars/Mercury conj in Taurus)
* Financial hardship (Mars in Taurus)
* Hard work pays off (Mars in Taurus)
* Slow/dense pace makes ambitions feel frustrated (Mars/Mercury in Taurus)
* Flirtacious communication (Venus in Gemini)
* Teasing, options, vacillating, two options or choices, information as sexual stimulation (Venus in Gemini)
* The attraction to talking, chatting, visiting, researching, reading, and writing (Venus in Gemini)
* The gift of words (Venus in Gemini)
* Youthful, sensual, flighty, hard to pin down (Venus in Gemini)
* Lush, sensual, slow, secure, relaxed, trusting (Sun in Taurus)
* Springtime desires, fertility, and abudnance (Sun in Taurus)
* Controlling, hoarding, greedy, lustful, selfish (Sun in Taurus)
* Living beyond our means, or comfortably within? (Sun in Taurus)
* Revisiting, revising, or reflecting upon our beliefs, philosophical assumptions, or the meaning of our lives and our purpose (Saturn retrograde in Sagittarius)
* Returning confidence, faith, optimism, excitement, pride, dignity, and loyalty (Jupiter finally picking up speed in Leo, direct)
* Forging ahead in new directions, dynamic new intentions and creative plans, but also plans that require major growth, maturity, and structural transformation (Uranus in Aries square to Pluto in Capricorn)
* Looking at home, family, what nourishes us, and choices related to the establishment of these values in more regular/everyday ways (Moon in Cancer today, square the nodes of the Moon)
* Compassion, empathy, sweetness, imagination, daydreams, and emotional neediness (Moon in Cancer trine Neptune in Pisces today)
* Facing something from the past, growing up, family/home/domestic/inner/private/ancestral karma, eruptions from the unconscious, and dynamic moments of change and transformation related to all of the above, especially through relationships (Moon opposite Pluto and square to Uranus)
Over the next few days not only will the Uranus/Pluto square and the eclipse points from last month all be triggered, but then we'll be moving into our first quarter square of the moon cycle. Simply put: whatever came up last month, whatever the "big stuff" is for you right now, an important "next step" or next crisis of action and response is going to come through over the weekend. Things should be clarifying themselves, but the big work is still structural overhauls and the long/slow transformation from one era to another. It's challenging because the transformation or the future toward which we are moving is more or less clear, and yet the pace of Taurus season demands that we relax and ease through each and every step. This moon cycle is offering us rest and stabilization...a bit like the first hour of the morning..when the animal inside of us is stretching, waking, and loosening up into the new day. But even beyond this phase of recovery, we're also gathering resources and stabilizing ourselves for a concerted effort that will take place over the summer months. This strange push and pull can make critical moments like the ones we're looking at over the next 3 days feel anticlimactic. As the IChing says "Little things: good fortune."
Prayer: Help us to take stock, gather, and focus on the small things we can do to aid in the larger changes that are as of yet still beyond our control.
image courtesy of creative commons:
The Moon is in Scorpio today, applying to oppose Venus in Taurus before going void of course.
What to watch for...
*Rebellious/eruptive/sudden/unexpected/inventive/exciting breakthroughs or outbursts, discoveries or revelations...especially in communication, writing, talking, emails, texts, etc (Mercury/Uranus/Sun conjunct in Aries, square to Pluto in Capricorn).
* Challenging ideas, debates, discussions (same)
* Competition, legacy, history, protest, personal rights (same)
* Beginning a project of creative self expression (same)
* Sexual tension/excitement/desire/erotica (Moon opposite Venus)
* Foreplay, extravagance, decadence, and desire (same)
* The feeling that everything should be handed to you or that everything should happen easily or naturally, without any work (same)
* Moodiness that destabilizes relationships or rains on a parade (same)
* A quickie (same)
* Conversations about finances, resources, time/energy management (same)
* Feeling sick and tired of feeling sick and tired (same)
* Lazy and sexy taking a naked nap (same)
* Violence and celebrities (Mars square Jupiter)
* Violence in the media/film/tv (same)
* Religious violence and holy crusades (same)
* Machismo, muscle, warriors, athletes, masculinity, testosterone, steroids, gangs, money, power, cowboys, and the violence only money can buy (same)
* Aggrandized egos, spending, poor winning/losing (same)
* Bull headed egoism (same)
* Accepting a challenge, pushing through to victory (same)
* A philosophical dilemma, weighs on the mind (Saturn barely moving/retro in Sagittarius)
* A revision of past beliefs (same)
* A new course of study or inquiry (same)
* Disillusionment with something once believed (Saturn square Neptune)
* Bridging the real with the ideal (same)
* Time/space/fantasy/illusion/imagination/science fiction (same)
* Divine discontent..boredom, longing, dreaming (same)
Whenever we read a list of so many different possible qualities happening all at once, we naturally ask ourselves, "How can they all be happening at once? Is there some way of summarizing it all? Some overarching purpose to all the different qualities?" And the answer to these questions is that the psyche is multifaceted. The solar system as a reflection of psyche is like a vast temple with many different sanctuaries, or a vast mansion with many different rooms. Some of these themes will be dramatically pronounced for some people while others will be for others. There's also always the possibility that despite whatever weather is going on around us, we're simply not seeing/feeling it that intensely. We make a mistake in thinking that astrology is "determining" things. The sky is more like a reflection of what's arising..the many different facets of psychic life currently expressing themselves and interacting with each other. But it's always "through a glass darkly" that we come to astrology. Knowing the weather patterns of the psyche, we can take comfort, feel the divine intelligence (even if it's still deeply mysterious), and make soulful choices.
Summing it all up is the great red herring of astrology...a wild goose chase of prophets and their v-formation followings. As long as we know that, then we can be creative with our summaries rather than prescriptive. So here's one of mine, but look at the patterns above and try one of your own!
A Prophetic Summary: We are rising to the challenge of a series of unexpected twists and turns. The invisible seamstress of fate has recently turned the plot inside out (to some degree), and now we're evaluating, taking stock, plotting a new course, gaining confidence and excitement, and gradually working our way out of the muck. This new vision will take time, though we'd like for it to be here now or we'd like for it to take care of itself without our hard work and effort. The new vision might be simpler in some ways, but we're considering the idea that despite it simple appearance, it's also the best thing that could have happened for us. We might still feel a little unsure, worried, skeptical or uneasy about the future at this moment....but we're working that out...one plodding day at a time.
Prayer: The invisible seamstress of fate...looking pretty good lady.
Image by courtesy of Hernan Pinera, at creative commons image licensing
Was sitting down to write my horoscope this morning and BOOM, the power went out. I sat there and suddenly it occurred to me, "Oh yeah, the Sun just conjoined with Uranus in Aries."
So if you're having a "Bam!" kind of day...then that covers it.
Otherwise here's some themes to watch for:
* Eruptive communication dynamics..power struggles, asserting ourselves, control issues in communication, communication and authority figures (Mercury conjunct Uranus/square Pluto)
* The feeling of a large creative shift or surge coming on..regaining our confidence, getting ready for a dynamic time of creative expansion, good feelings, expanded insight and wisdom (Jupiter stationing in Leo about to turn direct)
* The feeling of lethargy...lots to do but feeling heavy about it when maybe the work should be easier/lighter/freer (Mars trudging along in Taurus, though Venus is also in Taurus)
* Concerns/conversations/organization around finances/resources/home or family planning, time management, work loads, etc (Mars/Venus in Taurus)
* Conversations about values in relationships (matching/clashing--Mars/Venus in Taurus)
* The feeling of being sick of something, or just plain sick (Moon in Scorpio)
* Looking at sub or unconscious "stuff" (Moon in Scorpio)
* Secretive desires creeping into the mind/body (Moon in Scorpio)
* Family/ancestral/past karma related to finances/resources/health or lifestyle (Moon in Scorpio)
* A philosophical change underway (Saturn still very slow in Sag/retrograde)
* A new learning challenge (Saturn still very slow in Sag/retrograde)
* Revising or revisioning our spiritual outlook, teaching method, or course of study/discipline/practice (Saturn still very slow in Sagittarius/retrograde)
* The growing feeling of masculinity, achievement, muscle, pride (Mars applying to square Jupiter)
* Interest or fascination in machismo, alpha males, farmers, hard work, simple minded chauvinism or heroism, etc (Mars applying to square Jupiter)
* A growing or swelling pride/irritation with/testosterone/adventurousness/imperialism/conquest motif (Mars applying to square Jupiter)
So, if any or all of this sounds familiar, know that you live in a universe where part of everything is beyond your control, while the rest is a choose your own adventure game that never ends.
Prayer: fall on your knees in fear and overwhelm (turn to page 46), Climb a star tree to get a better view and then eat a sky apple and feel better (turn to page 101). CHOOSE 101!!!!
Image courtesy of creative commons:
Full Moon and Lunar Eclipse today!
We’ve finally made it to the peak of our eclipse cycle. A full moon that features near exact alignment with the Pluto/Uranus square. This cycle has not been messing around, and most of us have felt it in one way or another. With a constellation of Arian planets around the south node, and with our eclipse season opening with a strong equinox solar eclipse, there are very strong (much stronger than usual) new beginnings happening right now. The Arian energy brings the qualities of birth, rebirth, strong new openings, new phases or seasons of life, new jobs, new relationships, new lessons and learning, all with secondary adjectives like: speed, adrenaline, courage, confrontation, impulsiveness, willfulness, recklessness, and independence.
With all the Arian planets being ruled by Mars, and with Mars in Taurus right now, we are looking at what resources we have to work with, what we desire to gain or earn, and how we meet the hardships associated with survival (bills, food, clothing, income brackets, taxes, social class concerns, welfare, wealth, etc). This new beginning might have something to do with these themes, or it might be specifically qualified by these concerns somehow.
With the south node of the Moon in the mix with the Arian stellium, there is also the distinct feeling of “having been here before,” though we might be feeling a little wiser this time around. Is there something about everything happening right now that feels like a blessing or challenge from the past…ancestral, karmic, unconscious, historical or cultural? Meditating on this deeper layer of the story might help us reach an important level of clarity regarding next steps or how to proceed wisely.
In the meantime, our Libra Moon and the north node in Libra are symbolizing an oppositional tension that is pointing us toward relationships, negotiation, and complex levels of discernment or judgment that are needed in the mix of an otherwise very fiery and exciting time (a time where impulses are running high). Relationships and the subject of independence or freedom are critical right now. It’s important that we have these conversations and that we do the difficult work of sorting through the past, honoring the free spirit in each of us, while also carefully discerning the most compromising and harmonious picture of the future.
With the north node and the Moon both in Libra, we have to take a look at the planet Venus to understand what’s happening a little more precisely. Venus, like Mars, is in Taurus (her rulership!). She has a kind of secret rulership over Mars right now, as well, since Mars is in her sign (and therefore in his detriment).
In the third decan of Taurus, Venus is in the face of Taurus traditionally given to Saturn. This face of Taurus is a bit like the phrase “the lord giveth and the lord taketh away,” or like the IChing talking about times of plenty leading to times of scarcity, and vice versa. The wisdom of scarcity should be with us during times of abundance, as well as the knowledge of abundance not forgotten during times of scarcity. How do these teachings permeate the atmosphere right now?
Additionally the last decan of Taurus suggests that preservation and careful maintenance of “the goodness of the work” (whatever that might be for each person), requires careful planning, stocking, organizing, and downsizing. This advice is most important when we’ve reached a stage of abundance, or it comes as a reminder right now because we’re looking back seeing where we didn’t do this when we should have.
There is also a secret warning in the mix of our doubly Taurus themed rulers of this eclipse weekend…BEWARE or rushing to completion. Though there is a new beginning or powerful new directives coming through, and though we might see clearly what we want or where we’re going, implementation is calling for lots of TLC right now.
Imagine: before making the decision, clean every room in the house from top to bottom, organize and downsize, trim the fat, and get your life in order. Then, wait until the next new moon. Then wait some more and as the next moon cycle waxes, you will have put your house in order to receive the correct instructions.
We so quickly rush past the ceremonial and aesthetic aspects of change. Just because the gods are here banging down the door, doesn’t mean they don’t appreciate us saying, “I see you’re here. Let me put my house in order and make it beautiful so to receive you properly.” In fact, it’s in the way we structure our receiving of these times that we create ceremony, and from ceremony its so much easier to know how these big changes should implement themselves, step by step, and not just the steps but “how” they are being done..what kind of atmosphere we create around them….(that’s also Venus’ request from her rulership in Taurus right now!).
Prayer: the prayer is so often found in the way we prepare the temple for the god to come and speak…not in what we ask for, or what words we say, but the simple preparations we make…
To learn more about the Nightlight Astrology School, or to follow Adam Elenbaas:
Image by courtesy of Paolo, at creative commons image licensing
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.