In the next several days, Venus in Sagittarius will move into a trine with Mars in Aries, just as Mercury is moving into a conjunction with Pluto in Capricorn.
Here's what to watch for:
* Don't be fooled. Although Venus and Mars are getting together right now, with Mars engaging with Saturn, Mercury moving into a conjunction with Pluto, and Venus and Mars both in fire signs, the picture of harmony we are witnessing right now has more to do with trying to force a positive resolution or conclusion in the midst of a period of exhaustion, pressure, and high-stakes individual needs.
* The 47th hexagram of the I Ching is often translated as "Exhaustion." And it depicts a time when resources have dried up and one is running on empty.
* When the sixth line changes it reads, "He is surrounded by tangling vines and besieged with weariness. He says to himself: “If I would be regretful for doing nothing or doing something, I might as well do something to take my chances of getting out of hardship.”
* With Venus and Jupiter simultaneously approaching a square to Neptune, we may be feeling especially desperate for relief. We can see the far shore, it's now within sight, but we need to call upon a deeper resource, a "next level," or a deeper truth or honesty to help us finish the last lap.
* Cutting corners won't work right now. But not doing something to alleviate the pressure may also bring misfortune.
* When the sixth line of hexagram 47 changes it leads to hexagram 6, which is called "Conflict."
* Doing the right thing, making the right choice, seeking the right solution, isn't easy. It requires sacrifice, and yet, even when we've "done the right thing," we may still face conflict.
* A delicate touch is needed right now, and yet we cannot be so delicate that we compromise what is most essential.
* A simple test of what is essential: does this action help to clear away an "unnecessary necessity?"
* Unnecessary necessities are those things we cling to out of a false sense of duty, obligation, or fear. When we let it go, it often comes with conflict, but having it gone it may lead to an increased commitment to our spiritual welfare.
* After things have grown beyond the limit, cutting back comes naturally. When cutting back involves shaping, pruning, and refining, then we reach a stage of realized growth. The growth extends beyond its own "form" and becomes a realized part of our conscious awareness. Then, even if the literal/material form begins to fall apart, the fruit remains with us and our understanding of the "Tao," or the flow of material nature can be perceived. The more we understand this flow, the less likely we are to take it literally and the more we naturally start to probe beyond its appearances, toward its source.
* The more we reach toward our divine source, the more that all these movements in the world start to shimmer with its presence. Love floods the heart.
Prayer: Help us to see you in the pressure, in the exhaustion, in the sacrifice. Let our simple vision of you in all things be the simplest solution to the most unnecessarily complex problems.
Venus and Mars are both moving into a square with Saturn over the next few days and the Sun is moving into a square with Pluto.
Here's what to watch for:
* Refining your taste
* Commitment phobias
* Deepening our commitment
* Boredom in love
* Sexual frustration
* Sexuality and ideology
* Sexuality and confinement
* Sex and harshness
* Lust and restraint
* Desire and the word "no"
* Teasing, tempting down the walls or barriers to love, affection, sex, either appropriately or inappropriately
* Betrayal, infidelity, adultery
* Cementing the legacy of a relationship
* Maturity and love, age and love, generational lessons and love
* Loneliness and lust
* Restraining our appetite
* Saving rather than spending or the battle between the two amplified
* Purity and cleanliness vs obsessiveness and self-harm
* The structure or form of art, literature, film, etc
* A creative project taking shape
* A new style or design crystalizing
* Hard work and discipline
* Impulse and restraint
* The drive to finish, achieve and focus
* The frustration of our will
* Actions and consequences
* Taking responsibility for actions
* Gutting it out
* Refining our actions
* A strategy, a plan, serious, and sober
* Muscle, war, competition, bravery, meets maturity, wisdom, conservatism
* The aged warrior and the young warrior
* The young recruit
* The picture of someone old or set in their ways being forced to consider something different by someone younger, faster, more impulsive, etc
* Explosiveness due to energy trying to be contained or controlled
* Men, leaders, and the underworld
* The death or downfall of men or leaders or fathers
* The dark lord exposed, called out to the light of day
* Judgment and justice with volcanic force
* Eruptions of unconscious material
* The scales tipping the other way
* Karma and the undeniable connections of karma made manifest in strange ways
* What is simple, beautiful, sophisticated, wealthy or luxurious in appearance is exposed for something deeper, darker, more obsessive or dangerous on the inside
* A powerful and regenerative turn of events
We will keep our eye on all three of these transits over the weekend!
Prayer: Bring us back to what matters. If we've lost our way, if we've strayed from the path, if we can't find the strength to bring ourselves back, then help us do what we cannot do alone.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.