A few things to watch for:
* Talking a big talk, maybe too big
* Analysis, skepticism, deconstruction, and doubt vs. coherence, affirmation, belief, faith, and trust
* The synthesis of intelligence and faith, right and left brain
* The apologist, the sophist
* The teacher and the student, the questions and the answers
* A big plan, mapped out down to the last detail
* Using reason to avoid a more committed, deeper emotional or spiritual examination fo something
* Using the "it feels better to not think too much about things" defense
* Using the "it feels better to have blind faith or confidence in something" defense
* Believing in something that inherently shut down to critical questioning or thoughtful examination
* A general and his strategist
* The message and the messenger, at cross purposes, working together?
* When the messenger betrays the message
* The heretic
* Translating something big into something manageable or accessible
Watch for these and other Mercury/Jupiter dynamics in the next twenty-four hours!
Meanwhile, Venus is approaching an opposition to Saturn by the end of the week...
* Feelings and needs vs self sufficiency and duty
* The end of a friendship or relationship
* Coming together in relation to a difficult topic
* Family feuds, civil strife,
* Orphans, abandoned children, grieving families
* The reduction or simplification of an aesthetic or style
* Cutting out what is unnecessary or superficial
* Trying to make a nice appearance or a display of emotion that isn't real or that covers up an indifferent, cold, or hard bottom-line
* Aged like a fine wine, time and beauty, a "classic"
* Vintage, youth and mortality set side by side
* Memory and ignorance
* Compassion vs. severity
* Family pride, tribal pride, ethnic or cultural pride, and the natural way in which any of it will exclude someone or something else...is all pride based on group allegiances bad? This and other questions.
* Something beautiful, sacred, familial, cherished, is lost, cut out, left behind, forgotten, buried, etc.
* Women and patriarchs
* The need for shelter, security, and safety, that sometimes comes at the cost of emotional or spiritual shelter, security, and safety
* The abandoned and vulnerable
* The snobbery and ironic coldness of romanticism, nostalgia, and "high art" or "legacies of beauty."
This and more...
We should remember that one of the truest marks of beauty is not found in what we accomplish or how many people like or adore us, of whether or not we have what we feel we deserve or whether or not things go as we plan or expect but rather in how attentive and present we are in each moment to exactly what is happening before us. In our simple attentiveness, along with our desire to give and share and reach out from our hearts to serve others and to serve the divine, we find that real beauty is timeless. It is in everything, though it is touched by nothing. It is remembered forever, though it is infinitely new.
Prayer: Show us to the place of your love, the place that is bigger and deeper each moment we give our attention and devotion to it. Help us to always remember you, and help us to never forget you.