Here's what to watch for, and then stay tuned to my YouTube channel today because I'm also providing a brief video blog covering the same transits:
* First quarter Moon's represent important turning points in each monthly lunation cycle. The first quarter Moon reflects a moment of "yang breakthrough," where the Moon is becoming lighter than it is dark. Of course, this means that some effort is required right now, and you might be facing some trials or obstacles. If we pay attention to the Moon's rhythms, we see that the same qualities appear each month at this time, and so we might learn how to handle things with more care and patience!
* This first quarter Moon has been in Scorpio, while the Sun is in Leo. Sometimes we mistake our ego's growth for spiritual growth, or sometimes we are challenged to give the ego a constructive role as we are growing spiritually. Power, motivation, intentions, domination, submission, loyalty and betrayal, manipulation and jealousy...these are just some of the powerful themes involved when Leo and Scorpio get together, most of which are complicated to deal with when we are trying our best to cultivate our consciousness and stay awake in the world!
* Meanwhile, Jupiter is perfecting its trine to Neptune. I discussed this at length in yesterday's video blog, but here are some of the highlights of this transit:
* Smoothness, grace, surrender, and fluidity.
* The appearance or arrival of teachers, gurus, etc.
* The dark or corrupt guru, the teacher seeking power, followers, fame, etc.
* The tendency toward inflation, grandiosity, idealism without grounding.
* The "effulgence" of spiritual culture...spiritual materialism, getting lost in the look or trend of spiritual life.
* The desire to make greater wholes, seeking unity, finding forgiveness, compassion, and charity.
* The biggest influences in our lives, who or what we associate with, and how it takes on a life or dimensionality of its own.
* Water, water, water.
* Emotional realizations, insights, projections, fantasies.
* The enlivening of our faith, belief, hope, or inspiration.
* Projecting ourselves to be something bigger or more magical, mystical, than we are.
* Dreams coming true, but maybe we realize we didn't want or need what we thought we did.
* The impulse to go big or go home.
* Seeing the divine in everyone and everything.
* Growth, growth, growth.
* Success but at what cost?
* Surrendering our desires and asking for guidance from people who know more than we do.
Finally, Venus and Mercury are sextile today, as Mercury is stationing to turn direct in Leo. Watch for:
* Harmonious communication
* Learning how to be more careful, thoughtful, diplomatic with words
* Learning how to be more balanced in speech
* An attractive person, a special piece of news, or announcement
* A positive reversal
* Coming to terms or reaching an agreement
* Recovering something that was lost
* Receiving criticism in a helpful/diplomatic way
* Offering apologies or compensation for an offense
* Justice, pride, fairness, balance, ego
* Explaining something carefully
* Revising a form or mode of communication, technology, teaching, or curriculum
The mood should brighten up and become a lot more buoyant in the next few hours, as the Moon enters Sagittarius and also moves to trine Mercury and sextile Venus.
Prayer: Give us the courage to hear your instructions, to check our egos, and to walk our talk. Teach us to be more than "right." Show us the path of your love.