Annnd the Moon is weaving its way through a square to Mercury, conjunction to Pluto and then conjunction to Mars today and into tomorrow, just as Venus is moving into a square with Neptune and Mercury is squaring Pluto.
Here are a few things to watch for today and over the next few days to come:
* Conflicts in communication, planning, strategizing, or organization
* Issues with technology
* Challenging words, conflicting ideas
* Hard/inflexible/harsh/severe thinking
* Information or messages erupting from a deep and potentially unseen place
* Hidden or secretive communication
* Confronting subconscious or hidden realities
* Courageous thinking
The Moon highlights these issues today as its waning light reflects the coming Mercury/Pluto square and as it conjoins with combative and brave Mars. More on Mercury/Pluto over the next few days.
Meanwhile, Venus is moving into a square with Neptune:
* Social stimulation and the substances involved
* Gossip and warping or perverting an original message, idea, or event (think of the telephone game!)
* Media, women, and glamour
* Film and fantasy, attractive or distracting
* Saying too much, loss or lack of filter
* Issues around friends, romance, love....add the element of water
* Making something out to be better than it is
* Beauty from another world
* Imagination, intellect, and friendship
* The urge or temptation to do something frivolous
* To chase a mirage
* To fall in love with your own image, thinking you're in love with someone or something else
* Siblings and karma surrounding siblings
* Cleaning out the mind and mouth
* Celebration, music, and the sacred
* Seeking sacred social connections
More to come...we also have the Sun opposite Jupiter to explore in the next few days. A fast start to May, and we're not even to the part where Uranus enters Taurus!!!
Prayer: Teach us to slow down and hear the words we're saying, feel the thoughts we're feeling, and gradually see our true selves beyond these temporary sanctuaries. From that holy place, remind us how to be your servants, fully occupied by your love.
Happy New Moon Saturday everyone! The New Moon is in late Pisces today, just days away from the Spring Equinox and making a trine to Jupiter in Scorpio. Meanwhile, Venus and Mercury and moving ever closer to a square with Pluto, and Mars is about to change signs into Capricorn this afternoon.
Here's what to watch for:
* A New Moon means a new beginning, and in the sign of Pisces with a trine to Jupiter, we are talking about a Jupiterian flavored new beginning, which means renewed faith and spirit, encouragement, optimism, confirmation, growth, proliferation, and enthusiasm.
* Look at the whole-sign house of Pisces in your chart, or the late degrees of Pisces (26-30) to find in what areas of life you will be experiencing this new beginning.
* Remember that while this combination brings a rush of Jupiterian energy to the forefront right now, it may also invite a certain level of pride, hubris, grandiosity, or inflated idealism. Remember that great enthusiasm runs out very quickly if we don't find ways of holding, circulating, and constantly tending/filling it within.
* More on the Spring Equinox in the next few days, but just remember that even though today is a New Moon we are in the equivalent of a breakthrough and new beginning within the solar year, as well, so this Moon cycle will be especially powerful on the waxing side of the cycle, as the Sun crosses the zero Aries point.
* Keep in mind that for the next week, as Mercury and Venus continue traveling close together in the fierce, Mars ruled sign of Aries, they will also be approaching a square to Pluto. The tensions and stakes are rising higher right now for these two planets and will soon approach a place of critical mass, climax, and catharsis.
* While Mercury is a planet related to the mind, speech, technology, communication, information, and the intellect, Venus is the planet of love, relationship, harmony, beauty, sensuality, and desire. With both planets transiting the Mars-ruled, masculine fire sign of Aries, we should not be surprised if our inner life (our thoughts, feelings, and inner world) is pretty heated at the moment. The same goes for our relationships, jobs, and general social life. Harmony is there to be found right now, but now without some degree of confrontation, passion, and vigor.
* As these two planets reach a square to Pluto in Capricorn the tension will mount and we will finally reach a point of breakthrough. The breakthrough may resemble a death, an eruption of force, a release of pent-up energy, or the purging of something toxic and the cleaning and healing of a wound.
* Sometimes we try to soften the blow of Pluto by saying that Pluto provides regeneration and rebirth. This is true, but it's also important to recognize that often Pluto represents nothing more than force, depth, and power, and not necessarily the good kind, just as Mars is sometimes about violence and not courage. For Pluto to be constructive in our lives we have to learn how to see every breakdown as something that could have, or maybe should have, been worse, as something that is offering us a lesson, and as something that is offering us an opportunity for healing, transformation, and reform or spiritual growth. If we don't learn to see things in this way, then generally speaking our experiences of Pluto is no guarantee. A Plutonian transit may literally be nothing more than one more traumatizing experience after another...until at some point we are forced by the pressure of our own pressurized black hole to become a star again. So, with Pluto, it's so much easier when we recognize in advance where the fault lines are forming and where the steam is coming up from the cracks. It's so much easier with Pluto if we learn how to say "yes," and submit ourselves to a transformational process.
* Finally, today Mars moves into Capricorn where it is exalted. Yesterday I covered this and other topics in depth in a Video Blog. Check it out on the home page of my website. This is a very productive sign for Mars, but Mars with Saturn and Pluto will also be intensifying the Saturn/Pluto dynamic quite a bit. Look to the whole-sign house of Capricorn in your birth chart for a deeper look at what areas of your life are receiving these influences.
* Remember, that while there is tremendous progress, work, discipline, and industry in Mars' transit of Capricorn, it is also possible to get a little Machiavellian during this time (the ends justify the means). If it's worth putting your full focus and determination into something, then it's also worth doing in an ethical, considerate, and patient manner. Shortcuts aren't shortcuts if they complicate things or cost you more time and energy in the long run. And remember, while this Mars is incredibly hard-working it is also very shrewd and can teach us a lot about how to make progress through better mental/spiritual discernment.
* Finally, remember, that all of these transits reflect a world that is always, in a sense "transiting." So the point of all of this astrological mapping is to help us find contentment. When we know these forces are working their way through us, we may also foster a healthy distance from them. Astrology helps us to become steady, bright Moons, full of the reflective knowledge of the heavens that allows us to pass through this world with less manic reactivity. But reading astrology alone is not enough. Contentment is dependent on "content," as one of my teachers likes to say. If you're not putting good content into your mind and body, regularly, then you won't find contentment. Astrology should be just one small portion of your spiritual diet, so to speak.
Prayer: Help us to restore and renew our faith and devotion, each and every day. Where there is conflict, bring us home to your peace. Give us eyes and ears to see the suffering in the world around us, so that we might speak only words of love and compassion.
Venus is combust the Sun, moving through her retrograde into a conjunction with the Sun.
What to watch for:
* It's fascinating that as Venus is disappearing into the underworld, Mercury is appearing as the evening star. There are a number of images that come to mind.
* An appearance dies, a messenger appears
* Revelations appear as relationships break down
* Speaking the truth, whistle blowing, calling something out, leads to a breakdown in diplomacy, trust, or negotiations
* A failed attempt to convert someone or something to your position leads to a new strategy
* Can't do it by yourself, a call for help
* Saying whatever an authority figure wants you to say
* Standing up to an authority figure, separating ourselves from the demands of someone placing pressure on us
Meanwhile, Mercury is closing in on a square with Pluto at the same time Jupiter is closing in on a square with Pluto...
* A message, revelation, disclosure, or announcement that tips the scales, illuminates something that has been hidden, or confronts or makes demands without regard for due process...
* Shocking and important news or discoveries
* A powerful move, voice, or demanding position
* A contest of wills, careful decisions, and bending the rules or changing our approach to get our own way, perhaps in spite of rules or considerations of fairness
* In order for one person to win another must lose, versus compromises
* Argumentation, anger, yelling, confrontation, and demands for justice, fairness, equality, and due process
* Empowering our voices and our minds
Prayer: Teach us to let go of setting our intentions and instead allow for a divine intention to set us.
Happy Full Moon everyone!
Late tonight the Moon will conjoin Uranus as it becomes full. Meanwhile, at nearly the exact same time Mercury will be square to Pluto. Here's what to watch for...
* Truth and disclosure (Mercury/Pluto)
* Revelations and propaganda (Mercury/Pluto)
* Disinformation, spin, and manipulation of facts (Mercury/Pluto)
* Media meltdowns (Mercury/Pluto)
* Empowered speech (Mercury/Pluto)
* A big announcement (Mercury/Pluto)
* Important information received (Mercury/Pluto)
* Secrets and spying or monitoring (Mercury/Pluto)
* Covert tactics, agreements, deals (Mercury/Pluto)
* Conspiracy and the paranoia of conspiracy (Mercury/Pluto)
* The unconscious speaks (Mercury/Pluto)
* Speaking the truth after holding it in (Mercury/Pluto)
* Transformation or challenges related to transit, vehicles, traffic (Mercury/Pluto)
* A major transformation of circumstances related to the Mercury ruled areas of your chart, or the places ruled by Capricorn and Libra.
* A revolution in the home (Uranus/Full Moon)
* The people stand up, stand against, unite toward (Uranus/Full Moon)
* Political, social, cultural revolution, or the foreshadowing of one (Uranus/Full Moon with Jupiter/Uranus coming in December)
* Issues with paternity, creative ownership or responsibility, fathers, or traditional authority figures (Sun opposite Uranus)
* A burst of powerful creative or innovative energy (Sun opposite Uranus, Full Moon with Uranus)
* Shocking or unpredictable events in public (Uranus/Full Moon)
* Events beyond our control that serve to shock, inspire, and evolve our lives rapidly
Prayer: Help us to remember the emptiness in the midst of this fullness.
The Moon is nearly full. Mercury will square Mars today and then apply to a square with Pluto. The Full Moon will include a conjunction to Uranus from the Moon. Get ready for a big astrological weekend.
Things to watch for:
* If you look back at my earlier horoscopes this week, we've been predicting more "media bombs" in the US election, and sure enough yesterday as the Mercury/Mars/Pluto square is tightening we saw numerous women step forward alleging sexual assault from Donald Trump of the exact kind that he had described in the access Hollywood video. You can't make this stuff up. We are in the midst of a Mercury/Mars/Pluto square as the Full Moon also engages Uranus...
* Expect more of the same over the weekend. The war of words, war of media disclosures and revelations, secrets and scandal will likely reach a fever pitch in the days to come, starting today as Mercury perfects its square to Mars.
* Once again be careful of accident prone, impulsive, irritable, and contentious thoughts, words, and actions today...the old advice "if you don't have something good to say don't say anything at all," might be the best for this transit!
* Technological meltdowns or challenges are possible with Mercury making a square to both Mars and Pluto...also, be careful while traveling...avoid crazy drivers, people in line, etc.
* Challenges to authority and authority figures or conventional wisdom are pronounced right now as the Sun opposes Uranus. Also the subject of paternity, fathers, and creators and creative ownership or responsibility in general.
* The Moon's next aspect is to Venus by trine, which means we should have a good window tonight and tomorrow for successful or positive business in general...though with Venus in Mars' sign and Mars wrapped up in the drama of the day we should be careful that we're not making deals with the devil or somehow selling ourselves or others short of something's actual worth.
This weekend's full Moon promises to be a significant one involving all of the themes above, especially the increase of Uranian themes over the weekend. More on this to come!
Prayer: Calm our minds, ease our thoughts, and speak to us in words that heal as they reveal.
The Moon is in Capricorn today, squaring Mercury retrograde in Libra. Meanwhile, Pluto is slowing down to station and turn direct and the Sun is about to enter Libra and cross the Fall Equinox point.
Again with the Moon engaging Mercury and Pluto today we might see the effects of justice, fairness, executive power or authority front and center. Something overdue, or something that has reached its expiration date is now clear and the contract is up. Sometimes this means that wrongs are being righted, and other times this means that a fundamental change of thinking, perception, policy, or organization is taking place for the better. This might mean that someone is losing a job, or that relationships are ending or the terms of an agreement are changing, but the change is for the better. Because Venus is the ruler of this Mercury retrograde, and because she's moving direct again in the sign of the Lion, it's likely that whatever arrangements or agreements are changing or expiring, the benefits are to the advantage of those who have been generous, loyal, trusting, and perhaps somewhat unrecognized or not given enough thanks or appreciation.
One very powerful image might have to do with what is given or passed down in death or change. The subject of inheritance, birth rights, and gifts in death or endings that go to someone modest and deserving versus someone power hungry or greedy.
Here are other images to consider with our Mercury Rx/Pluto square:
* Execution of wills
* Negotiation, renewal or termination of contracts/agreements/arrangements
* Restructuring or reordering a system of negotiation or relationships
* Deeds, taxes, fines, loopholes, hidden benefits
* Righting a wrong or vindicating someone who suffered under an unfair decision or action
* Moral pronouncements, judgments, calls to wake up and change or rethink something
* Going back on our word, betrayal, karmic consequences for actions not in alignment with important principles
* Revisiting or revising an old way of thinking or relating or communicating
* Symbols and Omens speaking powerfully about an approaching transition or change, something that may level the scales and bring deeper harmony or balance
Prayer: A veiled god, walking backward, down a dark hallway, underground, torch in one hand, scales in the other...all the saints gathered around to help the prayer along.
The Moon is in Scorpio again today, about to sextile the Sun in Virgo and then square Mars in Leo before finally becoming void of course. Meanwhile Saturn has just entered Sagittarius, and Mercury is about to turn retrograde.
Here's a list of what to watch for today, and as Mercury turns retrograde:
* A strong sense of productivity, gaining strength or momentum, and handling each new challenge as it pops up throughout the day (Moon sextile to the Sun)
* Emotional moodiness, feeling betrayed or embarrassed, loyalty and jealousy, emotional confrontation and hostility (Moon in fall square to her ruler, Mars in Leo)
* A change of mind, perception, thinking, or approach on its way (Mercury stationing to turn retrograde)
* A renegotiated contract, change of address, official documentations and records, new organized appearances or careful new strategies of organization (Mercury turning retrograde in Libra)
* The leveling of the scales, the redistribution of wealth or power, the righting of wrongs or the doling out of consequences or punishments (Mercury turning retrograde in the sign of the scales, square to Pluto)
* Last wills and testaments, what is said from beyond the grave, from the spirit world, Jacob Marley come to warn (Mercury turning retrograde square to Pluto)
* Impending judgments, powerful messages or diplomatic/political statements, decrees of change or transformation, communications of great power that awaken or compel people to change their minds or hearts, that call for rebalancing of power or responsibility
With the Pope set to visit the US capital next week and Saturn having just entered Sagittarius it should be a very interesting couple of weeks ahead. Look for this retrograde to very powerfully effect our sense of morality, justice, and ethics, as well as carrying a tone of judgment, karmic leveling, and the deep transformation of our sense of what is right or fair.
Prayer: The Autumn equinox is almost here. Help us to complete the work of our year.
The Moon is about to enter her fall in Scorpio this afternoon, still moving through the via combusta for another day or so. Meanwhile Mercury is about to turn retrograde, Saturn is about to enter Sagittarius, Pluto will soon be stationing to turn direct, and Venus is finally gaining steam moving forward again.
The simplest thing to say when so many simultaneous changes of direction are happening in the sky, during an eclipse season, at the time of the Fall Equinox, is that we are turning an important corner. It's a transitional time we're experiencing right now.
Continuing our Autumn astrology preview, let's take a look at Pluto turning direct and then we'll close with a few insights surrounding the total meaning of all the changes happening at once as we cross the fall threshold.
As Pluto is stationing to turn direct in Capricorn, Mercury is stationing to turn retrograde in a close square to Pluto from Libra. Here are some combinations of themes to watch for:
* The end of an era coincides with the signing of a document
* The purging of an old pattern is sealed with an official/organizational change
* The transformation is achieved through finalizing a negotiation, through the receiving of an important piece of news, a contract, or a revised set of terms
* The end of an era or theme is achieved by the leveling or balancing of the scales of justice and truth...diplomacy by karmic, rather than personal, intervention..an event completes something
* The revelations of death begin a process of reorientation, reconsidering our place in the order of things
* An unexpected piece of news returns us to an unsettled or reappearing subject
* A significant time of releasing or letting go of the past coincides with waves of simple changes in perception, communication, or strategy
Looking now at the implications of the entire season ahead in light of Pluto's turn direct.
When Pluto turns direct it's as though an invisible energy field of great depth and intensity is lifting and the inner work of a long period of time is beginning to complete itself. Some of the most powerful, final changes may come during this moon cycle as this change is happening at the gateway to the Fall season..a time of harvesting and releasing.
Keep in mind the Libran scales...the leveling out, balancing out, coming clear or clean, receiving the grace of a clean slate, and renewing our faith and trust in the invisible powers that permeate our lives. Some of this leveling out may be incredibly painful while others may experience this time as profoundly positive and uplifting or helpful. How we handle success is just as important as how we handle setbacks, disappointments, and suffering.
Prayer: The holy messenger, standing still now in the halls of justice and truth, holding the scales. Help us to listen and learn.
Was sitting down to write my horoscope this morning and BOOM, the power went out. I sat there and suddenly it occurred to me, "Oh yeah, the Sun just conjoined with Uranus in Aries."
So if you're having a "Bam!" kind of day...then that covers it.
Otherwise here's some themes to watch for:
* Eruptive communication dynamics..power struggles, asserting ourselves, control issues in communication, communication and authority figures (Mercury conjunct Uranus/square Pluto)
* The feeling of a large creative shift or surge coming on..regaining our confidence, getting ready for a dynamic time of creative expansion, good feelings, expanded insight and wisdom (Jupiter stationing in Leo about to turn direct)
* The feeling of lethargy...lots to do but feeling heavy about it when maybe the work should be easier/lighter/freer (Mars trudging along in Taurus, though Venus is also in Taurus)
* Concerns/conversations/organization around finances/resources/home or family planning, time management, work loads, etc (Mars/Venus in Taurus)
* Conversations about values in relationships (matching/clashing--Mars/Venus in Taurus)
* The feeling of being sick of something, or just plain sick (Moon in Scorpio)
* Looking at sub or unconscious "stuff" (Moon in Scorpio)
* Secretive desires creeping into the mind/body (Moon in Scorpio)
* Family/ancestral/past karma related to finances/resources/health or lifestyle (Moon in Scorpio)
* A philosophical change underway (Saturn still very slow in Sag/retrograde)
* A new learning challenge (Saturn still very slow in Sag/retrograde)
* Revising or revisioning our spiritual outlook, teaching method, or course of study/discipline/practice (Saturn still very slow in Sagittarius/retrograde)
* The growing feeling of masculinity, achievement, muscle, pride (Mars applying to square Jupiter)
* Interest or fascination in machismo, alpha males, farmers, hard work, simple minded chauvinism or heroism, etc (Mars applying to square Jupiter)
* A growing or swelling pride/irritation with/testosterone/adventurousness/imperialism/conquest motif (Mars applying to square Jupiter)
So, if any or all of this sounds familiar, know that you live in a universe where part of everything is beyond your control, while the rest is a choose your own adventure game that never ends.
Prayer: fall on your knees in fear and overwhelm (turn to page 46), Climb a star tree to get a better view and then eat a sky apple and feel better (turn to page 101). CHOOSE 101!!!!
Image courtesy of creative commons:
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.