The Moon is in late Aries this morning, moving toward a trine with the Sun in Sagittarius. Meanwhile, Mercury is separating from a conjunction with Pluto and applying to square Uranus in Aries.
In kickstarter news, we're moving closer to the $20,000 mark, and every dollar we raise from here through the new year helps us to build a community herbal medicine garden through the Sky House Yoga Studio. The garden will allow us to make herbal medicines for our community at significantly lower costs while becoming more sustainable and also offering the medicine from our apothecary for free to clients in need. We'll also host free/open community medicine making workshops from the garden space in the years ahead. Help us build our garden, and purchase a year ahead forecast or a birth chart reading. Or give one as a gift! We're also offering discounted tuition to our online astrology courses. Link to our kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1163009170/nightlight-daily-horoscopes-2016
Meanwhile, for today, here's a list of what to watch for:
* Good things, good luck, hope, joy, windfalls, knowledge, faith, plans for the future, increasing (Jupiter moving into a conjunction with the north node)
* Changes or revisions regarding technology or organizational or management structures (Mercury separating from Pluto and applying to square Uranus)
* Intense debates, political spin, diatribe, gossip, heated confrontations, the young versus the old, differences of opinion exaggerated (Mercury separating from Pluto and applying to square Uranus)
* A piece of information, an insight, or a revealing communication that surfaces will now be put into fast action, might create a stir or controversy, will be taken out of context and used for selfish reasons, or might start a chain reaction effect (Mercury moving from Pluto to Uranus)
* A calm, easy, stable, sensual, grounded feeling of comfort and security settling in (Moon moving into Taurus)
* The feeling of the end of an era or season, the celebration of the return of the light, turning the page, envisioning the future, releasing the past (Winter Solstice approaching)
* Successfully accomplishing something, moving a project or an idea forward, hitting the mark, taking it in stride (Moon applying to trine with the Sun today)
As we move closer to the holidays, the solstice, and the full moon all at once, it's important that we remember to deliberately take time to reflect on the year we've just had, to listen in the quiet for the small voice of gratitude and humbleness, to say thanks, to share love with friends and family, to reach out with kindness, and to pray for guidance for the year ahead. Today's astrology features the Moon moving into a trine with the Sun and then moving into her exaltation. A nice looking day that should help to offset some of the more intense qualities of the Mercury/Pluto/Uranus activity.
Prayer: Help us to stay in a spirit of gratitude, affection for one another, and quiet listening as we receive our direction and vision for the new year
The Moon is in Aries this morning, about to enter her exaltation in Taurus. First a kickstarter update, then today's horoscope.
We've just crossed the $3,000 mark on our way to the $7,500 I'm trying to raise in order to support another year of daily astrology writing. If you have read my horoscopes in the past year and they have been meaningful or important to you...if one of my horoscopes accurately reflected something happening your life and gave you some extra reassurance or deeper insight...if you learned something new about yourself or astrology...if you shared one of my posts with a friend, or if you make sure to read up what I write regularly....please consider donating to support me in the year ahead.
Maybe one of the coolest things I'm offering this year as a "thank you" for donating $50 is an MP3 collection that includes a short talk on the meaning of the Sun, Moon, and rising signs of the birth chart. Other rewards I'm offering include a personally recorded Tarot reading ($75), a year ahead astrology forecast recording ($100), or a birth chart overview recording ($150). Any of these contributions may be given as holiday gifts, so consider that and also watch for more special additions as the fundraiser continues! To donate please visit the kickstarter link in the comments section of this post. Thanks!
Now, for today's horoscope. Here is a list of what to watch for:
* Wisdom, dogma, expertise, philosophical rigor (Sun/Mercury/Saturn conjunction)
* Authority, belief, law, order, ideology (Sun/Mercury/Saturn conj in Sagittarius)
* Prophecy, prediction, confidence, maturity, focus on the future (Sun/Mercury/Saturn in Sagittarius)
* The limiting, judgmental, puritanical, or ultra conservative view point (Jupiter in Virgo as host of Sagittarian planets)
* The optimistic or charismatic vision of the future met with the facts or details of the present moment (Jupiter in Virgo as host of Sagittarian planets)
* Vanity, superficiality, or selfish motivations made to look sophisticated or harmonious (Mars in Libra)
* Grace, beauty, law, justice, rationality, order, harmony (Venus in Libra)
* A new aesthetic or style...authentic or superficial? (Venus/Mars in Libra)
* The real versus the imaginative (Saturn/Neptune)
* The altered state versus the sober (Saturn/Neptune)
* The appearance of something versus its actual substance (Saturn/Neptune)
* Disillusionment, grounding (Saturn/Neptune)
* The sacrifice or relinquishment of something powerful (Saturn/Neptune)
* Martyrs, sinners, and saints (Saturn/Neptune)
Prayer: May the spirit of the season lift our mind and recall within us the knowledge of our higher purpose in life. May we be emissaries of peace, love, hope, and joy.
The Moon is in Aries this morning and we're still hanging out in the orb of the eclipse from last night.
Today the Moon will square Pluto and then start applying to a conjunction of Uranus and trine of Venus by late tonight/early tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Pluto has finally turned direct after a long retrograde period that began in the middle of April. Along with Saturn moving direct again, there might be a real feeling of momentum finally returning, or like the eclipse yesterday a process reaching completion or culmination right now. Pluto's movement is so slow, and so long, and the planet isn't visible to the naked eye. This makes his movements all the more dream like...as though far below where we can see, dwelling in the depths of the soul or the unconscious, tectonic plates are constantly shifting...moving things around until at last, in certain key moments, an eruption occurs and we are suddenly aware of what's been happening deep within the everyday events of our lives. Pluto is like this, but we're really lucky if we develop the ability with the outer planets to perceive the meaning of their changes in direction. Like yesterday's eclipse, it takes more than just the word "super" or "blood" to make the meaning of a celestial omen whatever it is. The question, "what does this mean for ME?" is so much more difficult to interpret than the question, "what does this mean astrologically." In the former we have to do the work of relating to spirit for a precise set of instructions or interpretations, in the latter all we have to do is throw out keywords like "transformation," or "energy," and it's as good as done.
So what does it mean that this morning the Moon is about to square Pluto? Not what will it cause to happen, but what does it mean to YOU, or to ME?
When we list potential themes to watch for, we're describing the style of symbolism that is present in the omens of the day, but the hard work is listening to these symbols and then discerning which of them is speaking to you..which is reminding you of the truth that only you know? Which of them is taking you back to your internal guidance, the voice of your conscience, the one that remembers the good list of things to do today, the one that knows who we still have to reach out to, what little things we can do to stay centered, what big things we might need to start in on so that we create those larger changes we wish for...the omens and signs of the sky aren't doing these things for us and they aren't doing things to us that we need to get alarmed about...at least from this astrologer's point of view...they are signs and symbols speaking through a glass darkly about this moment and it's possibilities and truths...about its fate and fortune...about its teaching and about its temptation.
What to watch for:
* A spirit of initiation, completion, finishing projects or conquering tasks (Moon in Aries square Pluto, just after full moon)
* The militant drive, task mastering, powerful expansion, growth, rewards, fast benefits, and small blessings (Mars applying to Jupiter in Virgo)
* The spirit of sacrifice, the pledge, the martyr, sinner, and saint (Mars opposite Neptune)
* The desire for moral or spiritual reform, integrity, wholeness, and the clarification of values and beliefs (Mercury rx in Libra, and square to Pluto, while Jupiter opposes Neptune)
* The impatient outburst, the needy or demanding child, and the impulsive streak sees an undeniable sign or symbol that says "stop, slow down, grow up, change your attitude." (Moon in Aries square Pluto direct in Capricorn)
* The tendency toward moral judgment or conservative extremism in the midst of a time of moral reform..where is the balance, forgiveness, and grace? (Mercury rx in Libra, Mars/Jupiter in Virgo opposite Neptune, Saturn in Sagittarius)
* The return of conservative or traditional ways of thinking, studying, perceiving, and the conquest of strict or focused spiritual teachings, lifestyles, or belief systems (Saturn in Sagittarius)
Prayer: Show us the way, one day at a time, speaking in signs and symbols we understand
The Moon is in Aries today, applying to trine the Sun in Leo and then square Pluto in Capricorn. Meanwhile, Venus and Jupiter are conjunct again and both exactly square to Saturn (now direct) in Scorpio. Mars is also slowly moving into a trine with Saturn.
What to watch for:
* A generous outpouring, form of aid or assistance is given to someone in need, or someone representing someone in need (the Moon in mutual reception with debilitated Mars as the Moon trines the Sun in its rulership)
* A joining of good spirits, good moods, attitudes, and can-do mentalities (Moon trine Sun in fire signs, with a confident Sun)
* The good marriage, good union, friendly agreement, and happy collaboration (Moon trine Sun)
* The impulse or desire to get something we don't have, to take advantage of those who DO have, to leverage a situation in our favor, to subtly influence those in power, to sneak a foot in the door (waning Moon in Aries, hosted by Mars in fall)
* The pioneering or adventurous spirit (Moon in Aries)
* The magnanimous father or mother, ruler, king, patriarch, queen, matriarch (Sun in Leo)
* The changing of the guard (Jupiter square Saturn)
* Seriousness, maturity, hardship, or loss in love (Venus retrograde square Saturn)
* The distrust or cynicism of a cold heart, the rationalist, the doubter, the scrooge, finally dying, letting go, crumbling, or facing a difficult truth, reaping what's been sown (Saturn direct in Scorpio)
* Exposure, disclosure, can't escape the truth or the embarrassment of what we are compared to what we show others....what we know versus what we act like we know (Saturn in Scorpio, now direct, squared by Venus/Jupiter)
* The challenge to deepen our studies or beliefs, to walk our talk and make a more solid commitment, to trust our way (Jupiter/Saturn)
* The transformative impulse, revelation, premonition, and underworld eruption (Moon square Pluto)
It's a good day to accidentally find benefits from people who are in the position to inspire, encourage, or help. It's not a good day to weasel our way into something we feel like we need when we actually don't. Real needs are frequently satisfied when we imagine things will turn out well without them. As though our hearts must be open, and not full of desire, in order to truly receive.
Prayer: Help us receive openly, rather than greed and need our way into something...
It's last quarter Moon today, as the Moon in Aries squares the Sun in Cancer. Simultaneously, the Moon in Aries will be engaging her mutual reception with Mars in Cancer, and squaring Pluto in Capricorn.
Here's a list of what to watch for given these signatures in the sky right now:
* Role reversals and changes of power or position
* The weak becoming strong and the strong becoming weak
* Generational transformation
* Mutually beneficial strategies
* Healing wisdom transferred from one generation to the next
* Saving grace, healing actions, plans, strategies
* Family, ancestral work, land, property, contentiousness, inheritance, taxes, loans, and negotiations over assets or shared/historical wealth and power
As our last quarter Moon is the harvest of the summer solstice's cycle this year, many of the changes we're experiencing right now are initiating things that will take shape over the course of the rest of this summer season, including our upcoming Jupiter/Saturn square, Saturn's next station, Uranus' station, Mars' slow exit from the Sun's rays, Jupiter's entrance into Virgo, and Venus' retrograde. To put it simply, the next two Moon cycles should continue and deepen the complexities, joys, and challenges of all that we've been doing for the past month now. Knowing this we can move with the times more gracefully.
Prayer: Help us to see the hands of the harvester. Help us to feel that these changes and results are the presence of an intelligence inviting us once more to participate in an everlasting divine relationship.
The Moon is in late Pisces and about to enter Aries where she will begin her last quarter aspect to the Moon. Over the next two days the first Moon cycle of summer will begin disseminating her gifts and learning lessons. As the last quarter Moon will be in the sign of Aries, and the Sun in Cancer, this disseminating moment will likely bring up the Moon/Mars mutual reception between the Moon and Mars in each other's signs. In horary astrology there are certain conditions in which this aspect might allow for a role reversal or swapping of places between the planets, symbolically. The Moon and Mars will be doing things for each other's benefit, or they might share a mutual concern of some kind that may turn their normally contentious relationship (Moon/Mars don't exactly resonate in terms of their qualities) into something advantageous.
With the Moon and Mars highlighted at this last quarter moment, we might think of any of the following themes resonant:
* A person in a weak position being empowered by someone in a stronger position
* Anger and strong emotions finding appropriate outlets for expression or action
* Home, property, ancestry, family, the past, and conflicts, aggression, desire, sickness, and impulse all coming together to accomplish something
* Women's health and empowerment
* A need addressed or advocated for
* Role reversals...the weak are made strong and the strong are made weak
* Negotiating power or leverage shifts in a negotiation
* The tables are turned compared to a situation in the past
Remember that in the last quarter situation we're outlining, Mars is in a weaker position because of its proximity to the Sun and because of its sign placement in Cancer. So the situation implies a time where the Moon and Mars are going to work together to overcome a moment where Mars might otherwise be considered relatively impotent. It should be an interesting next few days!
Prayer: The warrior and the mother are coming together to accomplish something. Help me now to learn and listen.
The Moon is in Aries today, about to make a rapid string of smooth aspects. First to Jupiter and then to Uranus and then the Sun and then Mars. Meanwhile, Mercury goes direct again this evening.
Even though the Moon's light is dying, today is a "get shit done" kind of day. The Moon in Aries highlights the Sun/Mars conjunction, as well as the Jupiter/Mercury trine. Though typically planets conjoined the Sun are considered "combust," and in a weakened state, in my experience the closer a planet moves to being in the heart of the sun (exact, exact) a window opens for extraordinarily aligned actions. For today those actions would center around Uranus, Jupiter, Sun, and Mars kinds of things.
For example. Uranus/Jupiter contacts are known to create extraordinary leaps in technological or intellectual discovery, and athletic or cultural achievement. Uranus brings the power of electric, outlandish, fast, unpredictable, inventiveness and rebelliousness...always smashing through the status quo. Jupiter brings dramatic growth, victory, accomplishment, breadth of vision or expansion of understanding, hope, optimism and good luck. When you put them together, you get something like the outstanding displays of athleticism we're seeing in the NBA finals, or the triple crown victory. Or even a 15 year old boy discovering a new planet, "roughly the size of Jupiter," at a distance of 1,000 light years away.
There is an aura of excitement and hope building as the fiery Jupiter/Uranus trine reaches its exact moment. We should really be feeling the bigness of this transit as the Moon cycle builds from new to full next time around, but today is also a great day to take note of its presence. Especially through written communication, intellectual exchange, or transformative moments of learning or sharing with others.
Simultaneously as Mercury turns direct today we may find ourselves putting something into motion that's been percolating for several weeks now. Mercury takes a while to get moving again, but today is a great one for finishing something or setting the stage for future actions. Rapid, smooth success, especially in projects or areas of communication, learning, information, organization of ideas, discoveries or new concepts, proposals, contracts, negotiations, etc.
Now by this evening the Moon will be void of course and Mercury will be turning direct. So we have a surge with us today, but it will quickly dissipate as we turn the corner and sink into the dark moon over the weekend. So really take advantage of today's productive vibes while they're here.
Prayer: When the mind is electric, when the heart is beating and courage is high, I do all the things I know it's time for...but I also remember to pause and look up and say thank you.
The Moon is in Aries today, making smooth aspects to Mercury and Venus. Meanwhile, Mercury is stationing and will turn direct again tomorrow evening.
What to watch for:
* Communication from the heart
* True lies
* Rapid, smooth success, luck, victory, achievement, breakthroughs, near misses, dominant performances,
* Powerful communication, authoritative speech, willful thoughts
* Revolutionary ideas, changing minds/hearts
* Moving forward, slowly but surely finishing things
* Confrontations with authority
* Intellectual debates or reversals of position
* Not seeing/thinking clearly
* Technological or communicative breakdowns, setbacks, delays, transitions, blurry details
* Trusting the heart, finding courage, remaining true to ourselves
* Dreams versus facts
* A difficult or confrontational communication
* Deception and trickery or deceit
* Talk is bigger than our walk
* Weakened motivation, start and stop, push and pull, that path forward is somehwat obscured
As this moon cycle winds down and Mercury starts to move forward again we'll see a period of releasing followed by some major swings of momentum or focus once the moon begins waxing again at the start of the new cycle. Until then it's good to think of things like you're in the last ten minutes of a ritual meditation. There's no rushing past the last ten minutes. Even if we're close to the end of something...a feeling, a mood, a project, etc....we have to finish the way we started.
Prayer: Help me finish things in the right way so that I continue doing things in the ways I've just learned
The Moon is in Aries today, gradually applying to conjoin with Mars in Aries by later today. Meanwhile Mercury is sandwiched between Neptune and Chiron in Pisces and the Uranus/Pluto square is still intensely activated right now.
What to watch for:
* A confrontation with someone or something from the past
* Aggressive, edgy, impulsive
* Victims and savior
* Miscommunication, oversharing, or hiding our feelings
* Feeling sorry for ourselves
* Convicted, fierce, and fast
* Starting something new, something that's been on the "list" for a long time
* Rapid transformation, enlightenment, vision, and understanding
* A phase of building something suddenly accelerated
* Longing for sunshine and open skies
* Natural disasters/environmental crises
* The archetypes of the athlete, warrior, or hero on display
* Bottling up our feelings out of a misplaced sense of ethics
* Not appropriately containing our emotions out of a misplaced sense of ethics
* The fear of the unknown or of something brand new
* The fear of impotency, men and the fear of a lack of masculinity
* Pioneering, breaking new ground
* Coming full circle with something, an era that began 10 years ago
* People dumping or venting inappropriately
* Spending money to solve our problems
* Building something
* Concern or focus on the immune system, the feet, or psychosomatic tendencies
* Hypochondria or people who are always complaining of something
* Feeling like you're losing yourself..unable to find solid ground in your head or your emotional body
What we are describing is essentially the combination of many gestational, Piscean energies combined with some very fierce and "past oriented" Arian qualities that are also marking a birth or new beginning. Watch as these things play out over the next few weeks, heading toward our full moon lunar eclipse, but also as the solar light builds toward the solar year's climax at Summer Solstice in June!
A few things to remember about the Arian season (and check out my video blog from last night about the sign of Aries--it's on my page prior to this post):
* The Arian god is asking for sacrifice right now. This generally means that courage, fear, risk, lack of control, competition, hostility, challenge, aggression, willfulness, and newness are required of us. These qualities so often get marginalized when we stay focused on "love, light, happiness, peace," etc. But part of life is contentious and difficult. Love loves strife. So like it or not, if we want to embody what we're being called to in life, it will usually take a certain degree of perilous conquest, risk taking, assertiveness, and difficulty. Can we learn to love it?
* In return, Mars gives us a simpler and more primal level of trust. Trust that we are strong enough to die...that the soul is eternal and cannot be destroyed. That nothing we can do either makes the soul "better" or "worse," but only deeper, more complex, fuller, richer, and more diverse. Mars gives us the gift of understanding the radical freedom of the soul, even when we are bound to the wheel of time and the difficulties of incarnation. These roaring persecutions are also liberations. Each death is part of the deepening of the soul, and Mars helps us learn to trust this.
Prayer: God of War, God of the Ram, we offer you our most passionate intensity...please bless us with the blood simple trust of life and death.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.