We're approaching the first quarter Moon, just as the Sun and Venus in Leo are making trines with Jupiter, and just as Jupiter is stationing to turn direct in the next week.
Here's what to watch for:
* First of all, we've been riding an intense wave of heavy astrological influences since eclipse season began in July, and although this new Moon cycle appears significantly lighter, we can't forget that it was toned by a square to Uranus at its opening. This first quarter Moon moment coming through today and tomorrow will, therefore, reactivate the Uranian energy as the Moon opposes Uranus from the sign of Scorpio, which points to some larger and potentially more volatile emotional events coming through.
* At the same time, it is promising that Venus and the Sun are picking up trines to Jupiter, just as Jupiter is turning direct. While we are likely to encounter some choppy waters in the next 48 hours, we are also likely to experience some breakthroughs, find help or support, receive a favorable wind, and push through the troubles or stresses of the moment more quickly.
* With the Moon in its fall and its ruler, Mars, combust the Sun in Leo, we should be especially careful about outbursts of ego and power struggles, especially if something isn't going our way, we feel wronged or disrespected, or something isn't being done as we want it to be done or as quickly as we want it to be done.
* With Venus and the Sun both hitting trines to Jupiter, whatever ego disappointment, bitterness, anger, or emotional complexities we might be facing, it's important to remain patient with ourselves and with our negative emotions (or those of others). They will pass, and we will become the benefactors of our patience.
* In this day and age, it is popular to believe that forgiveness is weak or passive. We feel that to be forgiving is to be condoning of bad behavior, or that to forgive someone means that you implicitly approve of their behavior, even our own. Because we believe our moral principles make us righteous, and to compromise in any way on those principles makes us weak, forgiveness is frequently attacked as a form of passivity or even compliance. But actually, real forgiveness does not mean condoning. We can't forgive anyone, for anything, even ourselves, unless we have first recognized an offense. Offenses and forgiveness always go hand in hand, just as much as offenses and warfare go hand in hand. So, if we try to eliminate forgiveness, real and regular forgiveness, from our vocabulary, our principles become hypersensitive targeting weapons rather than living guidance systems in service to the heart and soul. It is the forgiveness we display within ourselves, for ourselves, for others, and for the world, that strengthens our principles, making them both strong and flexible at once, just as trees are both firm and flexible, hard and yet constantly swaying in the social streams of the wind.
* Why mention forgiveness? Because with the first quarter Moon in Scorpio opposing Uranus, and its ruler Mars burning up in Leo, it might be tempting for us to feel offended, or disrespected. But as soon as we close our white-knuckled fists around our right or need to be offended, or to retaliate, we are closing down the posture most needed to receive the blessings flowing through, the blessings that such offenses always provide us with when we open our hearts to whatever has offended us, choosing to see the hand of divinity at work, rather than "an offender" alone. Seeing an offender, alone, then we are also alone, while when we choose to forgive it's because we have seen more than an offense at work. We've chosen to see the hand of divinity as a more compelling, a more beautiful force, than merely the branding mark of an offense or an offender.
* Our principles are like stones, constantly being soothed and smoothed by time. The quality of time, which is how we experience our lives, changes when we forgive because we have allowed ourselves to be changed in relation to whatever we have now freely chosen to endure. Being a good person is not the point. Being a real person is. The only reality in us is the reality of love, and.... as we know: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others. It is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became an adult, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now, we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then shall I know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13: 4-13).
Prayer: teach me to be courageously patient, forgiving, and loving.
The Moon is in Scorpio this morning, applying to a sextile of Venus in Capricorn. Meanwhile the Sun is applying to a square with Mars, and Venus is applying to a conjunction with Pluto.
As Mars is in an overcoming/superior square with the Sun he holds some power over the Sun in the approaching transit. Watch for outbursts of violence, passionate intensity, accidents or injuries, etc. We might especially look for Sun symbols to receive some form of injury or direct challenge. This might include: our clarity, our confidence, our eyes, our brightness, our joy, youth, faith, hope, truth, reputation, leaders, or masculinity. Mars in Scorpio, when damaging may accuse, call out, prod, catalyze, attack, and is jealous, vindictive, vengeful, and resentful of happiness, brightness, etc. The transit is also about exposures, disclosure, public embarrassment or humiliation, as well as shining a powerful light on corruption or scandal. Also, watch for people attempting to humiliate or bully.
Meanwhile Venus is heading toward a conjunction with Pluto and a number subjects are on the radar. They include: sexual healing, lust, desire, eroticism, sexual crimes and transformation, taboo subjects related to sexuality, jealousy, lies and betrayal or suspicion in relationships, secrets and hidden relationship dynamics being exposed, the health or injury of the reproductive systems, the transformation of our style, aesthetic, or taste. This transit may piggyback along with the Mars/Sun transit as Mars enters a sextile with Pluto to combine all of the listed themes in dynamic and unexpected ways.
For example, sex crimes, injury to youth, and public exposure all came together at the 22nd annual screen actors guild awards last night when the film "Spotlight" took home the top prize. Spotlight is a film about the sexual abuse scandal in the Catholic church, and both the title and content of the film reflects the astrology of the moment.
In the meantime, today Mars applies to a sextile of Venus. As relationship issues might be percolating, or moving toward some kind of a head, today might be a good day to positively address something within the context of your relationships or sex life. Diffusing things before the get too intense is a good idea if opportunities open themselves up for it!
Prayer: The truth is gentle, the truth is kind, the truth is a lamp on a stand, not an accusation or righteous demand.
The Moon is in Scorpio today, applying to a sextile of Pluto in Capricorn and then moving toward a sextile of Jupiter by later tonight. Kickstarter update and then horoscope for today.
Kickstarter update: With 23 days left to go, we're just $476 away from our next stretch goal, which will allow the astrology school to invest in new curriculum/learning and research materials for the year ahead. Since we are a donation-based program and over 50% of our students receive some form of financial assistance, it's been a real challenge over the years to set aside funds for new materials. If you donate to help us meet our next goal you'll be directly supporting our astrology school in 2016. I am incredibly proud of our students for the work they do in the community. This October we began a donation-based student clinic for people who can't afford full priced readings, and in addition to this work on the part of our advanced students we regularly host people in our classrooms for free birth chart readings. All of this is to say, your contribution toward the school and our programs is truly a contribution to the larger astrological community and its continued health moving into the future. We need good people to help keep astrology alive and well for many more years to come. So please consider donating if you haven't already, and pick up one of our unique rewards for your contribution!Find the link here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1163009170/nightlight-daily-horoscopes-2016
With Mars approaching his opposition to Uranus, and Venus approaching a trine to Neptune, we have a few interesting themes to watch for simultaneously this week.
For example, with the Mars/Uranus opposition we saw Donald Trump issue the statement that he believes there should be a total ban on Muslims entering the United States. This attack has created a kind of intense backlash within the GOP here in the US, and yet Trump's statement is also potentially a kind of decisive victory for the other GOP candidates insofar as they might be able to reframe the public perception of the GOP by uniting against Trump's statement.
This leads to a larger and broader idea inherent within the Mars/Uranus opposition right now. Mars in the sign of Libra, opposite to Uranus in Aries, might be an indication of an attack or act of aggression that is instantly turned against the aggressor. Almost like the misfire of a gun that shoots the hunter in his own foot, allowing the bird to get away. Or the accusation leveled at someone that turns out to be untrue or unfounded to the extent that the accuser ends up looking worse for having made the accusation in the first place.
Mars in Libra has a funny way of achieving victories. He is able to reframe, sidestep, and diplomat his way through the frenzy of a wild arm swinging attacker. On the other hand, Mars in Libra is shrewd insofar as he takes the hostility of someone else and capitalizes on it without appearing like an aggressor himself (like a jiu jitsu move). So watch for these themes in the coming days. The opposition is exact this Thursday!
Meanwhile, with Venus approaching her trine to Neptune, we should also watch for the growing power of eroticism, suggestion, secrets, deceptions, and betrayal. If we're confronted with information that appears dubious to us...if someone is telling us something that doesn't feel right, or if we sense something isn't right...we may want to listen to that instinct. Without being paranoid, it's possible that our body knows more of the truth than our mind right now. Water signs almost always appeal to the physical sense of truth, just like a dog can sense when someone, even just a mailman, is 100 yards from the house but approaching. Investigating our suspicions without getting too reactionary is the way to go right now, considering we have this watery signature in the midst of a confrontational Mars/Uranus opposition. At the same time it's also a good time for examining our motivations at a deeper level or allowing for the safe exploration of our secrets or desires with someone we trust. Truth telling has a lot to offer us right now...and of course it's been said that the soul loves secrets, the soul IS a secret, and the soul loves to hide. We should pay attention to the eroticism of what we long for but cannot have, what we hold inside that we don't necessarily need to demonstrate externally, or what motivates us deep down without the need to advertise or broadcast it to others.
Prayer: Help us to avoid unnecessary conflicts and reactionary thinking. Help us to steady our doubts, and all our troubling desires, and teach us how to hear the body's subtle observations.
The Moon is in Scorpio today, applying to a square of Venus and Jupiter by this evening. The reception between the Moon and Venus today is challenging. While Venus is strong in conjunction with Jupiter, the Moon in Scorpio is in its fall and also in the sign of Venus' detriment. It's a planetary exchange we might think about with a few different phrases:
* a killjoy
* don't let something rain on your parade
* saving face
For example, as the social media feeds have blown up with the celebration of the Supreme court's decision yesterday its also created a backlash of radical or reactionary responses that might feel like a wet towel to those of us who are simply excited for a big step in the right direction: as though celebration is not allowed because suffering itself has not been wiped from the planet, or all institutions or forms of government abolished, or we've all been unified into a final singularity of enemy blasting universal love, etc, etc. There is a gravity to these kinds of "I just can't be happy with you guys" complaints that shouldn't be simply dismissed, but there is also a damp and embittered feeling to some of the naysaying that matches the qualities of the planets today. In many ways celebration of any kind will always invite the killjoy or the rain cloud because it's a natural archetypal exchange. Confidence attracts challengers and that's not such a bad thing. It keeps confidence from becoming arrogance or delusion. But at the same time, it's important to not pay too much attention to people who are so radical in their thinking that nothing is ever good enough. Good energy can be drained by career contrarians, and knowing the difference between a healthy exchange and a draining one is important today given the Moon and Venus' difficult exchange.
The above dynamics are also reflecting the upcoming square from Jupiter to Saturn retrograde. Saturn will not let our pride or excitement get too grandiose or inflated (hence the value of the naysayer right now), and yet Saturn retrograde is currently in a traditionally weaker position than Jupiter, who is likely to effectively call out Saturn during this square for any unnecessary nastiness.
To close, let's preview one more piece of our summer's upcoming astrology. Let's look at the continued transit of Mars through Cancer, as well as its combustion of the Sun during this and next moon cycle.
Understanding essential dignities in my work with clients and in creating daily forecasts has become an undeniably important part of my work over the past year. When we say a planet is in its fall or that its combust the sun, even though it may sound somewhat negative, it's really not anymore negative than saying conditions outside today are going to be rainy and the roads slick, so drivers be cautious. The ancient astrologers created the intricate system of dignities and receptions, as well as aspects and orbs, a lot like we've created meteorology to help us understand the changing conditions of our natural environments. Furthermore, just like rainy days can be great for some things and not as great for others, difficult planetary conditions can indicate the same levels of diversity present in our daily lives. The planetary conditions also say very little about how exactly we might respond to or work through or make meaning out of what's happening, though there are always plenty of hints and guidance present in the sky if we study the planetary alignments and actively seek the guidance of the divine in everything.
For mars to be combust the sun simply means that mars' ability to do what it does is somewhat prohibited because its own light is currently being dominated by the sun's light. Since mars is considered a hot and fiery planet, being combust the sun is thought to weaken mars' power because it makes mars excessively hot and fiery, which consequently makes mars less effective. Throw in that mars is currently in a wet/cold water sign (Cancer), and you get a mars that looks very much out of his element while simultaneously being consumed by the sun.
So what does this mean, practically? It means that mars-like things might be somewhat difficult right now. Chief among those, in my experience, is assertive, aggressive, forward movement toward our goals or desired outcomes. For quite some time now, as Mars has been combust, it's been like watching a car slowing running out of gas, or moving from an open freeway into a more congested area of traffic. The start/stop, the back and forth, the frustration or irritation with results not coming as soon as we'd like or in the way that we'd like, as well as the tendency for us to act on impulse without having all the information, or to act passive aggressively, or to deal with others being passive aggressive, or to pout or complain or feel sorry for ourselves...all of these qualities are potentially in the air right now for us to contend with.
But what I've also noticed is a cooling of the impulses. A mindfulness. A slowing. A patience. A softening. A spirit of compromise. These qualities are also there to be grown within us right now, in response to what mars is having a hard time accomplishing.
As we push toward the full moon this month mars will be squaring the nodes of the moon and acting as the ruler of the south node. With this transit it's possible that something quite challenging from our past will come back to confront us, or bless us, or seek resolution. How we carefully handle and negotiate any upcoming challenges, knowing that mars is in a difficult spot, will make all the difference. Again, mindfulness, slowness, patience, and the willingness to compromise, to wait and see, and to not force or rush anything is important this summer.
Mars will finally its combustion of the Sun around July 11th, then it will move out from under the Sun's rays and leave Cancer by August 9th, so we have a good chunk of our summer to learn and grow alongside of this transit. Tomorrow we'll look at what to expect from mars in leo as well as the mars/venus conjunction happening through venus' retrograde in leo.
Prayer: Moving quietly, not rushing anything, I understand that so many things are beyond my control.
The Moon has entered Scorpio this morning and is now slowly applying to trine Neptune in Pisces. Meanwhile Mercury will be cazimi today (at the heart of the Sun), while both are simultaneously square to Neptune.
What to watch for:
* A sudden rush of communicative ease, accomplishment and success (the cazimi), or an unusual burst of clarity or insight, effective communication or organizing, translating or writing
* Channeling or other worldly transmissions, inspiration, communication (Sun/Mercury square Neptune)
* Moody, worried, dark, somber, anxious (Moon in Scorpio)
* Undercurrents, subtleties, hidden fears or secrets (Moon in Scorpio)
* The desire to hide or disappear or conceal (Moon in Scorpio trine to Neptune)
* Mindful/thoughtful speech in contrast to agitated/edgy/aggressive speech (Mars/Mercury in Gemini square to Neptune in Pisces)
* Smooth and rapid progress, success, innovation, and inflation (Jupiter in Leo trine Uranus in Aries)
* Heavy thoughts, heavy emotions (Mars/Mercury and Moon Scorpio)
* A feeling of urgency accompanied by a feeling of laziness, indifference or sluggishness (Sun/Mercury/Mars square Neptune with Moon in Scorpio)
* A philosophical, mental, or spiritual changing of the guard
* An attempt at synthesizing a variety of points of view
* The intellect being broken down by something bigger or something irrational (mutable t-square between Saturn in Sag, Sun/Mercury/Mars in Gemini, and Neptune in Pisces)
As the full moon draws near, the next couple of days might be a little sluggish and even emotionally oppressive. The Moon in Scorpio is directing our attention to the ending or culmination of something, but it will require a level of focus, honesty, and attention that may feel difficult. It's easy to get distracted right now, and it's easy to become impatient as the process of this moon cycle reaches its climax. In particular, we should pay special attention to egoic impatience...putting the cart before the horse...thinking about what we're going to "get" afterward rather than enjoying the work and doing a good job first.
Remember that the overall theme of this moon cycle has centered around intellect and belief, learning and communication, spirituality and mindfulness, ideas and the conquest of ideas.
Even if we feel like we're turning the page or starting something new right now in these areas, the process will take a few more weeks.
Prayer: Festina Lente...help me to make haste slowly
Was sitting down to write my horoscope this morning and BOOM, the power went out. I sat there and suddenly it occurred to me, "Oh yeah, the Sun just conjoined with Uranus in Aries."
So if you're having a "Bam!" kind of day...then that covers it.
Otherwise here's some themes to watch for:
* Eruptive communication dynamics..power struggles, asserting ourselves, control issues in communication, communication and authority figures (Mercury conjunct Uranus/square Pluto)
* The feeling of a large creative shift or surge coming on..regaining our confidence, getting ready for a dynamic time of creative expansion, good feelings, expanded insight and wisdom (Jupiter stationing in Leo about to turn direct)
* The feeling of lethargy...lots to do but feeling heavy about it when maybe the work should be easier/lighter/freer (Mars trudging along in Taurus, though Venus is also in Taurus)
* Concerns/conversations/organization around finances/resources/home or family planning, time management, work loads, etc (Mars/Venus in Taurus)
* Conversations about values in relationships (matching/clashing--Mars/Venus in Taurus)
* The feeling of being sick of something, or just plain sick (Moon in Scorpio)
* Looking at sub or unconscious "stuff" (Moon in Scorpio)
* Secretive desires creeping into the mind/body (Moon in Scorpio)
* Family/ancestral/past karma related to finances/resources/health or lifestyle (Moon in Scorpio)
* A philosophical change underway (Saturn still very slow in Sag/retrograde)
* A new learning challenge (Saturn still very slow in Sag/retrograde)
* Revising or revisioning our spiritual outlook, teaching method, or course of study/discipline/practice (Saturn still very slow in Sagittarius/retrograde)
* The growing feeling of masculinity, achievement, muscle, pride (Mars applying to square Jupiter)
* Interest or fascination in machismo, alpha males, farmers, hard work, simple minded chauvinism or heroism, etc (Mars applying to square Jupiter)
* A growing or swelling pride/irritation with/testosterone/adventurousness/imperialism/conquest motif (Mars applying to square Jupiter)
So, if any or all of this sounds familiar, know that you live in a universe where part of everything is beyond your control, while the rest is a choose your own adventure game that never ends.
Prayer: fall on your knees in fear and overwhelm (turn to page 46), Climb a star tree to get a better view and then eat a sky apple and feel better (turn to page 101). CHOOSE 101!!!!
Image courtesy of creative commons:
The Moon is in Scorpio again today, applying to square Mercury in Aquarius before entering Sagittarius.
Meanwhile, Mars is about to conjoin Uranus in the sign of Aries, as both simultaneously square Pluto. Quietly in the mix of this very intense dynamic is a trine to Mars/Uranus from Jupiter in Leo. A list of things to watch for and then a brief meditation on “mummies,” “oaths” and “oath keeping.”
What to watch for:
* Injuries from the past, wounds from the past, patterns from the past resurfacing
* Preservation or protection of the past
* Flag waiving
* Surges of energy, plans of action, swift changes or reactions
* Breaking new ground
* Confrontation with authority figures
* Competitive or athletic bursts
* The subject of loyalty as a major theme
* Racial/ethnic/gender/historic/ancestral pride and conflicts pronounced
* Independence and freedom versus negotiation and relationship
* Spring cleaning
* Impulse leads to accidents
* Unexpected discoveries, breakthroughs, windfalls, injuries
* Eruptions of unconscious material, possibly “past life” or “ancestral/family” patterns erupting
* Strong erotic/sexual desires or experimentation
* Life and death situations
* A history of violence, a pattern or cycle of hostility, a chance for peaceful resolution
* Inheritance and legacy versus pride and prejudice
Currently the planet Jupiter in the sign of Leo is acting like a bridge between the past (south node in Aries) and the future (north node in Libra), though getting Jupiter to help us toward the north node will take some work.
As Jupiter in Leo is something like a very large cat, and the north node in Libra represents the scales, there is an obvious but also enigmatic Egyptian mood in the stars right now. The Sphinx were large cat guardians of royal tombs, and the god Anubis (a dog headed deity), who also protected graves was said to be born of Bastet, a cat headed deity. Anubis was also a protector of sacred oaths, the god of mummification, as well as the deity that ushered souls into the Halls of Maat, where the soul (depicted by the organ of the heart) would be weighed against a feather to determine its fate in the afterlife.
Contained within these images there is an important set of clues that can help us navigate the current celestial weather toward the north node in Libra. First a few media mummification images:
* Ancient Chilean mummies at risk of turning to black ooze
* 1,000 year old Buddhist monk found mummified inside a golden statue of the Buddha
* 3600 year old mummy discovered in Egypt, but the identity of the body, thought to be a government official, is still unknown
Because we tend to get stuck in the past (south node), we have to see some of these images ironically in light of their astrological timing. How does the desire to preserve the past actually keep us trapped in a rigid mode of imagining? While the desire to mummify, memorialize, honor, and keep the past is common to most religions and cultures on the planet, throughout the entire history of the planet, some of these images also ask us to consider the futility of preservation. Eventually even mummies turn to black ooze. Eventually secrets are discovered or hidden truths revealed. Eventually the monk meditating inside the golden statue might want out, and eventually the Egyptian mummies’ names and ranks are forgotten.
We are religiously obsessed with the ideas of lineage, destiny, and dynasty. But what do these things amount to if the soul has always been, and will always be, eternal? What good are these careful preservations of the past once liberated from the Pharaohs notion that lineage and dynasty are what grant the soul its immortality?
As the planet Jupiter trines the south node and the Arian planets square Pluto in Capricorn, the drive to establish something immortal is very strong right now, and yet with the north node in Libra we are also coming up against the judgement of our work and worthiness, the weighing of the heart on the scales of truth. For those whose work has been for the sake of the soul’s freedom and evolution, rather than a stubborn clinging to the egoic past, there is an amazing opportunity for success and forward movement right now. The judgement moment of our coming eclipses around the Libra/Aries axis will grant some of us exciting new opportunities for growth and rapid evolution. At the same time, some of us will have to accept some deep disappointments, failures, and hard learning curves. Old dynasties are preparing to crumble…old mummies are turning black, and secret treasures once held inside the stones of the past are now glowing through to offer us their boons.
It’s a time when new oaths are being sworn and old oaths are expiring; the scale of truth as our witness. Hard as it is to swallow, dynasties unravel specifically because the process of mummification is not ever about the literal preservation of the soul but rather the imaginal preservation of the imaginal. The imagination wraps around itself whenever we recognize the calling of our soul and we swear that sacred oath to remain true to the calling until its time is up and it returns to black ooze again, back to the dark sea of the unconscious, the soul’s eternal memories of itself shining like white strips of bandaged light, floating on the waves.
Prayer: Help us to hear the words of our new oaths, and help us stop trying to preserve or fight for an old pattern whose time is up…help us to be guardians of the dead, but not thieves or hoarders of the soul.
Image by courtesy of Mary Harrsch, at creative commons image licensing
The Moon is in Scorpio again today, now applying to square Jupiter and then sextile Pluto before trining Chiron and the Sun in Pisces later this afternoon.
Meanwhile Mars is conjoining with Uranus in Aries as both simultaneously trine Jupiter in Leo and square Pluto in Capricorn.
Let’s do some explaining of these aspects and then look at a list of possible effects…
First off, whenever a faster moving planet conjoins Uranus we should expect the unexpected with regard to the qualities of the planet. For example, Mars is a planet of aggression, ambition, willfulness, muscularity, competition, and violence. What happens when these patterns of Mars take on the Uranian qualities of sudden shocks and disruptions, unexpected surges and emancipatory blasts of energy? Add to this the qualities of the south node of the moon, Pluto and Jupiter in the mix: the karmic past meets bigness, exaggeration, pride, victory, optimism, and cockiness, as well as depth, the mysteries of the unconscious, raw destructive force, regenerative power, and repressed or suppressed “stuff” potentially exploding to the surface. Sounds like a lot, right? But then we have to remember, even though this is an incredibly dynamic aspect pattern, it effects each person differently, some more dramatically than others. Sometimes aspects are felt more internally, psychologically, or even unconsciously, while for others the events are more external or even historical (being part of something very big happening in the collective that reflects the planetary patterns).
This is why knowing your birth chart can be so helpful when it comes to understanding in what areas of life we are each being effected.
For now, here’s a list of how the transits might be showing up:
* The past is calling to us…is the way forward somehow the way back?
* The desire for freedom or a new beginning is strong, possibly overpowering
* A sudden impulse leads to bumping your head, stubbing your toe, getting into a fender bender…surprise hiccups that say “wake up!”
* The exciting discovery of something deeply valuable that’s been hidden from plain sight (wills, legacies, inheritance)
* A stroke of good luck or unexpected success (winning something, a windfall, business suddenly booming)
* An old pattern is finally recognizable…its finally time to move past it..we finally see how strong its hold has been in our lives
* An inventive idea with a plan of action surfaces quickly
* Quirky health problems appearing out of the blue
* The dark side of our strategies are exposed…suddenly our ambitions look or feel fraudulent
* We want to move forward, but something keeps blocking us…what is it?
* Growing pains/labor injuries
* Impatience and impulse as major themes in relationships
* Ignorance or willful denial of the truth..playing it safe, keeping things superficial
* Forcing an issue without regard for others
* Selfishness as a major theme in relationships, the “unconscious” self centered person
It’s not that all of these themes will be happening for each person. Sometimes it’s only one theme taking center stage. We have to do a little reflecting to identify the planetary energies in our lives. From there the deeper question is always, “What is being asked of me? What are these patterns showing me about myself or my life? What gifts are being offered and what offerings are being asked for?”
Add into all of this that we have a Scorpio moon making some intense aspects today, and we’ve got a pretty gnarly looking sky right now. smile emoticon
My agenda for the day: take it slow and get more spring cleaning projects going…I’m going to utilize this energy for purging, sorting, and cleansing.
Prayer: Help us learn to feel the planetary patterns in our every day lives, and then help us to see both what they’re giving us and what they’re asking for.
Image by courtesy of torbakhopper, at creative commons image licensing
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.