The Moon is in Cancer today, applying to a square with Mars and then very gradually by tomorrow a square with Jupiter, who is now retrograde.
* The Moon/Mars square today has the benefit of Venus being closely configured with it, but don't be surprised if you're feeling moody, easily agitated, fierce, triggery, reactionary, or impulsive today. Moon/Mars squares can be great for reduction, cutting or dividing things, and addressing someone or something with courage, conviction, and fearlessness. On the other hand, Moon/Mars squares often bring up issues of violence or hostility in the home, in the family, or with regard to the feminine or to things that are vulnerable or in need of nurturing rather than fighting or aggression...so be extra careful today with words, actions, and thoughts...
* Meanwhile, the Sun is approaching a trine with Jupiter just in time for the full Moon/lunar eclipse, which is on Friday evening. When Jupiter and the Sun get together, victory, growth, support, clarity, wisdom, and discernment abound. In this case since the Sun and Jupiter are mutually applying to one another through Jupiter's retrograde, it's quite possible that we will find ourselves revising or reframing our understanding of something, something we believe, or a general set of beliefs that we've held. Not to be overly obvious about it, but this is a week of checks and balances with regard to power. The Moon in the sign of the King, Leo, is eclipsed just as this "reframing" of something religious, philosophical, or ethical takes place through the Sun/Jupiter trine.
* The Sun and now Mercury in the sign of the water-pourer and Jupiter in the sign of the balance is also an image of a measured and reasonable, and faithful response to the pressures of the moment. It's a good week to hold the ego in check, along with the desire to gain something by force or through pushing too aggressively. If you have a case to make, make your case with a level head, with a modest heart, and with courtesy to others. To win over the opposition, temperance is your ally this week!
* With Venus and Mars together in Aries and Venus about to turn retrograde, don't be surprised if relationships of all kinds, especially those based on superficial appearances versus real inner substance, begin to rumble. The tide is about to change for us with regard to how we relate with others, and much of the Venus in Aries theme will bring to light those areas where we are impatient, impulsive, temperamental, and domineering. This retrograde may be exactly what we need if we're lacking patience or if we find that we're too easily triggered or agitated in our relationships by not getting our own way!
Prayer: Hold our hearts like the handles of that good and faithful pitcher, overflowing with peace, patience, and kindness.
The Moon in Libra has just entered the via combusta and is about to square Mars in Cancer before opposing Uranus in Aries.
A brief run down of the upcoming aspects...I couldn't make my morning horoscope because I was in the mix of them as soon as I woke up.
What to watch for:
* Emotional conflicts, manipulation, someone working on behalf of several people who are all acting irrationally
* Trying to uphold ideals of peace and tranquility but falling short over and over again
* Needing time out for silence, prayer, restfulness
* Waiting in limbo
* A worried mind, worried heart
* Someone coming back into authority, confidence, and power after a long period of disease or anxiety (Sun moving into Leo tonight)
* Problems in relationships, negotiating, love, and romance
* Something refusing to give in, refusing to die or change or be transformed
* Acute realizations of our faults, shadows, and flaws, the inability to change them
* Corrupt intentions exposed
* Mental/emotional health crisis
* Working through an uphill battle
I realize that these themes aren't the most light hearted or exciting, but the truth is that from an astrological point of view we have some tough sledding in front of us right now. This will signify different things for different people, and it certainly doesn't mean that there isn't any happiness to be found. In fact, the more we can see the faces of the gods in our everyday activities, even if they're somewhat challenging, the more we can take a comfort in the divine intelligence flowing through everything.
Prayer: May the gods of summer lighten our hearts, cool our minds, and walk with us through any challenges we might be facing right now.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.