The Moon is in Capricorn this morning, moving toward a square with Venus and conjunction with Pluto. Meanwhile Mercury and Mars are mutually applying to a square with each other.
Here's what to watch for:
* As the Moon/Pluto conjunction takes place this morning its also the 15th anniversary of 9/11. No doubt this morning's astrology reflects the depth and power of that event in the collective psyche. The Moon often signifies "the people," and Pluto the release of devastating but transformational energies from within the collective unconscious. The sign of Capricorn, a Saturn ruled sign, also symbolizes the structures of power and authority in the world. It will be interesting to see how the interaction of these planets shows up in our lives today, especially given the deeper historical context of this day in the USA.
* The Moon is also squaring Venus today. Here we have Venus with a dominating square to the Moon. Watch for Venusian things to exert a strong influence over Lunar things. For example, style, image, beauty, and appearance, might play a strong role in families, groups, or public displays or ceremonies. Venus might be a daughter having a strong influence over her mother, or an artistic or style conscious personality helping a more conservative or reserved person have a little more fun. Sometimes the Venus/Moon square reflects struggles or conflicts or jealousy between women, but other times it shows up as the creative tension between different aspects of the feminine within all of us...for example let's say a family wants to have some fun together...Venus suggests a really hip new pizza place, but the Moon in Capricorn wants to spend less money or eat healthier and doesn't want to leave the house because it will create too much chaos. Venus and the pizza place and everyone getting dressed up really cute might have to win out today over the controlling Moon in Capricorn!
* The Venus/Moon combination with the Moon in Capricorn may also reflect something like group or family decor or aesthetics. Or it could reflect the orderliness of appearances....for example, today is the first Sunday of the NFL football season, and my wife made a purple and gold bouquet of flowers this morning and we are all wearing our matching Vikings jerseys and making a tray of fun and healthy snacks to eat while we hang out together and watch the game (I'm pretty sure a picture will be posted at some point). I heard from a friend this morning who is having family pictures taken today as well. These kinds of events are completely Venus/Moon in nature! :-)
* Last but not least, Mercury and Mars are closing in on a square to each other, with Mercury in the superior position. Something from the past might be staging a comeback, or we might see the recurrence of an old conflict, debate, argument, or point of contention. Delays or setbacks are possible with travel and technology. Irritation and explosions in speech and communication are more likely, and it's also possible that we see highly publicized acts of violence or aggression with a strong relationship to freedom of speech, technology, information, sports and athletics, etc.
Prayer: Help us to recall the duty and importance of compassionate listening alongside of the freedom of speech.
The Moon is in Virgo this morning, moving toward a square with Saturn in Sagittarius and then a trine with Pluto and conjunction with Jupiter.
For anyone interested, tomorrow night I will be hosting a public/donation-based talk on the planetary symbolism of the Narnia Chronicles. The talk begins at 7pm eastern time, via online webinar, and you can find the live login information in the comments section below today's horoscope!
Meanwhile, here is a list of archetypal themes to watch for based on the current planetary dynamics:
* As the Moon approaches her square to Saturn and then moves on toward Jupiter today, watch for a positive exchange between an older person and a younger person, or a teacher and student, or elder/authority figure and younger person...watch also for difficulties between these figures, between old age and youth, between parents and children, between one generation and the next...though the Moon brings Jupiter and Saturn together today, and though Jupiter has the upper hand over Saturn, the Moon will be walking into a ray cast by Saturn, which might mean that there are some difficulties or unexpected road blocks or even intentional acts of interference, insult, or provocation...today is a good day to remain innocent, ethical, and humble
* The Moon/Saturn square can also create a general aura of heaviness...a gravity or melancholy, and in particular the obligations, details, and tasks we have to tend to this afternoon may be somewhat burdensome and agitating...watch for a critical edge, temper, or rigidity and try to stay focused with patience on the task at hand...be careful not to let the unreasonable expectations of others, or even yourself, dictate the course or mood of the day
* The Moon/Pluto trine this afternoon may also bring to light things that have been hidden from clear view...this transit might also clear or purge something from the body, or unclog something that's been pent up for too long...also watch for the inappropriate or secretive dealings between an older person and a younger person, or from employers and employees, etc
* The Moon/Jupiter conjunction later this evening should lead to a more joyous or uplifting and expansive evening. Watch for the drama, pomp, and bigness of the Moon/Jupiter themes tonight, and notice in particular what themes are "growing" larger in your mind or heart. Notice also the clash between the attention to details and specifics in relationship to or competition with charismatic ideals and big visions.
* Right now Venus and Mercury are still traveling closely together in the sign of Aquarius, in a whole sign square to Mars in Scorpio. This transit involves the big minded ideals of Aquarius, particularly artful and communicative with Venus and Mercury, coming up against or working with the aggression, subversion, intensity, and focus of Mars in Scorpio. Extremism, bullying, self righteous indigence, and ends justifying the means thinking are at work in this transit as Mars is in the superior position and both Mercury and Venus are moving toward his rays. It's one of those times to be careful of public debacles, debates, or standoffs...there is a definite, "I'm not afraid to hit below the belt" quality to this transit, and it will be building all the more as Mars starts to slow down and approaches a long retrograde back through Scorpio. In particular the violence of words and ideas, intimidation techniques, and the desire to disabuse people of their independent thoughts through coercion is strong right now. And this applies to both good ideas and bad ideas...even positive ideals can be used as weapons...
Meanwhile, next Moon cycle we have two eclipses, plus the Spring Equinox. A big spring coming!
Prayer: Help us to remain modest, and please remove the thorns of envy, impatience, distrust, and frustration.
ENJOY READING THESE DAILY FORECASTS?
Adam Elenbaas is a professional astrologer and the founder of the Nightlight Astrology School. Adam holds an MA and MFA in English and Creative Writing and is one of the founding writers at RealitySandwich. To learn more about Adam, click here.